Using Airtel Payments Bank’s FASTag can help you save time and fuel as you do not have to stop for long at toll plazas. Using the FASTag also ensures that you do not have to carry cash.
The FASTag program comes under the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) that was launched by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). The FASTag is easy to use and toll charges are deducted automatically. The reloadable tag ensures that you can pass through toll plazas without paying cash. In India, there are more than 400 toll plazas present on state and national highways.
How to Buy Airtel Payments Bank FASTag
The different methods by which you can buy the FASTag provided by Airtel Payments Bank are mentioned below:
- myairtel app
- Airtel Payments Bank internet banking
- Get in touch with Airtel’s customer care to check for the documents required and the process to buy the FASTag
Benefits and Features
Some of the main benefits and features of the FASTag offered by Airtel Payments Bank are mentioned below:
- You can save fuel.
- Time can be saved.
- Cash need not be carried.
- Any transactions that are related to the FASTag can be accessed via internet banking or the bank’s mobile app.
- In the case of any transactions, you will receive an SMS.
- The FASTag can be recharged online via net banking, debit card, or credit card.
- You can call the bank’s customer care at any given time in the case of any queries.
- Security is provided in the case of any transactions.
In order to apply for an Airtel Payments Bank FASTag, you must have an active wallet or savings account. The below-mentioned details must be submitted to apply for a FASTag:
- The vehicle registration number.
- The Vehicle’s Registration Certificate (RC).
Fee and Charges
The charges that are levied by Airtel Payments Bank are mentioned below:
|Joining Fee (One-Time)||Rs.100 inclusive of taxes|
|Re-Issuance Fee (One-Time)||Rs.100 inclusive of taxes|
Security Deposit (One-Time)
|Class of Vehicle||Type of Vehicle||Security Deposit|
|16||Heavy Construction Machinery/Earth Moving||Rs.200|
|15||Truck 7-axle and above||Rs.200|
|12||Truck 4, 5, 6-axle/Tractor with trailer/Tractor||Rs.200|
|7||Truck 2-axle/Mini bus/Bus 2-axle||Rs.200|
|5||Light commercial vehicle 2-axle||Rs.200|
Process to Check the Balance
The procedure to check the balance available in the account is mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of Airtel Payments Bank.
- Select NETC FASTag.
- Enter the details of your vehicle.
- Login to your account to check the balance that is available.
Airtel Payments Bank FASTag FAQs
- How long is the FASTag valid for?
The FASTag is valid for 5 years from the date it was purchased.
- In case I have two vehicles, can I use the same FASTag?
No, you cannot use the same FASTag for two vehicles. You will need to purchase a separate FASTag for the second vehicle.
- Is it possible to apply for a monthly pass?
No, it is not possible to apply for a monthly pass.
- In case I lose my vehicle, what is the procedure to block the FASTag account?
You will need to contact customer care (8800688006 or 400) to block the FASTag account.
- What are the different methods by which I can recharge the FASTag account?
The different methods by which you can recharge the FASTag account are mentioned below:
- Airtel Payments Bank wallet/account
- Credit card
- UPI (myairtel app)