Having a valid Voter Identity Card is very important both for identification and voting purpose. In this fast-paced world, everything is done online as it saves time. Gone are the days when you have to stand in a long queue to apply for a Voter ID Card or check the status. Nowadays you can check your Voter ID Card details online in just a few seconds.
What is a Voter ID card?
A voter ID card, also known as “Voter Registration Card” or an “Election Card” is issued to an Indian citizen by the Election Commission of India which acts as a proof of his/her citizenship and allows them to cast their votes in this country. This photo identity card helps in improving the accuracy of the electoral roll and to help prevent cases of electoral fraud.
Why is Voter ID Card so important?
- It is a form of identity proof which can be used to avail services in this country.
- It allows you to cast your vote in elections.
- It proves that you are an Indian citizen.
- It helps in reducing electoral fraud.
- People with a valid voter’s ID can avail special offers which are rolled out by the Government of India from time to time. For example, you cannot apply for a ration card in India if you do not have a voter’s ID.
Steps to search for your Voter ID Card online
- Visit the Electoral Search website. This website saves all voter’s information after 2 or 3 weeks of them applying for a Voter ID Card.
- On the homepage of the website, you will have two options to find out your details. The first method is to type your Epic Number and the second option is to search by filling your personal information.
- If you choose the first option, you will be required to enter your Epic Number, State, and the Security Code displayed on the screen and click on “search”. If you are a registered voter, your details will be displayed on the screen.
- You can also choose “Search by details” option and enter details like your full name, age, date of birth, states, district, and your constituency and click on “Search” to find your Voter Identity Card details. If you are a registered voter, your details will be displayed on the screen.
If you aren’t able to find your details on the Electoral Search website, you can try visiting your state election website. Every state in India has a CEO website which saves voter’s information.
- Visit your state election website.
- Enter basic details like your name, father’s name, and Voter ID Card number and click on the “Search” button.
- Once you have clicked on the “Search” option, you will see a list of profiles that match the information you provided.
- Choose your name and click on it to find detailed information.
If you are unable to find your Voter Identity Card details online, visit the nearest electoral office.