A valid Voter ID serves as an identification proof and is also a mandatory document for voting purposes. In this fast-paced world, everything is done online as it saves time. Gone are the days when you have to stand in a long queue to apply for a Voter ID Card or check the status. Nowadays you can check your Voter ID Card details online in just a few seconds.You can now check the status of your voter ID application and also make changes online. Here is a guide on the same.
Table of Contents
What is a Voter ID card?
- A voter ID card, also known as ‘Voter Registration Card’ or an ‘Election Card is issued to an Indian citizen by the Election Commission of India.
- Thid acts as a proof of your citizenship and allows you to cast your votes in the country.
- This photo identity card helps in improving the accuracy of the electoral roll and to help prevent cases of electoral fraud.
Importance of Voter ID Card
- It is an identity proof and can be used to avail services in this country.
- It allows you to cast your vote in elections.
- It proves that you are an Indian citizen.
- It helps in reducing electoral fraud.
- You can avail special offers which are rolled out by the Government of India from time to time.
Steps to search for your Voter ID Card online
- Step 1: Visit the Electoral Search website. This website saves all voter’s information after 2 or 3 weeks of them applying for a Voter ID Card.
- Step 2: On the homepage of the website, you will have two options to find out your details. The first method is to type your Epic Number and the second option is to search by filling your personal information.
- Step 3: If you choose the first option, you will be required to enter your Epic Number, State, and the Security Code displayed on the screen and click on “search”. If you are a registered voter, your details will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 4: You can also choose “Search by details” option and enter details like your full name, age, date of birth, states, district, and your constituency and click on “Search” to find your Voter Identity Card details. If you are a registered voter, your details will be displayed on the screen.
If you aren’t able to find your details on the Electoral Search website, you can try visiting your state election website. Every state in India has a CEO website which saves voter’s information.
- Visit your state election website.
- Enter basic details like your name, father’s name, and Voter ID Card number and click on the “Search” button.
- Once you have clicked on the “Search” option, you will see a list of profiles that match the information you provided.
- Choose your name and click on it to find detailed information.
If you are unable to find your Voter Identity Card details online, visit the nearest electoral office.
FAQs on Voter ID Card
- What is the meaning of the EPIC number on a Voter ID?
Electoral Photo Identity Cards (EPIC) Number is the number of your voter card number.
- How do I check the status of my Aadhaar Card with my voter ID?
By visiting the Permanent Enrolment Centre, you can check your Aadhaar Card with Voter ID.
- How to check if my Aadhaar card and voter ID are valid?
You can check if your Aadhaar Card and Voter ID by checking the Aadhaar Number on the UIDAI website. You can do the same with your Voter ID.
- Should I link my voter card with my Aadhar card?
It is not compulsory by the Government of India to link your voter card with the Aadhaar Card.