While many voters with a valid Election Card in our country choose not to vote and exercise their rights, there are many others who do not wish to apply for a Voter ID Card as they feel it is a lengthy and confusing process. Even if they go through the process and get registered in the electoral roll, in case of any corrections, they do not go back to get it corrected as they don’t have an entire day to stand in a long queue. But, that's not the case these days. You can make apply for a Voter ID, make changes, cancel, or download a copy instantly using internet. All you have to do is gather all the information you need to do so.
What is a serial number in voter id?
Every registered voter in India will get a Part Number and a Serial Number. These numbers will help the voter identify their profiles accurately. A Serial Number in your Voter ID card is very important as it is mandatory in case you want to make voter id correction.
There are two ways to check the Serial Number in electoral roll. The first method is to check your family member’s or neighbours Voter ID. The Serial Number will appear on the front side of your Voter ID Card. If you have lost your Election Card, you can go online to find your Part Number, Serial Name, and other details related to your Voter ID.
How to Find Out Serial Number in Voter ID Card Online
- Visit the Election Commission of India official website.
- You will now see list of states. Select the state you are from.
- You will now be asked to select your district and you will have an option to search for your profile by the district details or by your account details.
- You can also search for your profile by entering your full name or the EPIC Number.
- Once you have entered the details and click on “Proceed”, you will find a list of profiles that match the search criteria.
- Choose your profile from the list. Once you have accessed your profile, you will find all details about your Voter ID Card like your Part Number and your Serial Number.
- You can download the Voter ID Card in PDF Format and Print it out for your reference.
With the help of technology, we are now able to apply, cancel, or make changes to our Voter ID Card in no time. Go ahead and get your Election Card right away!