In a bid to provide all possible support services to electors with the help of IT tools, the Election Commission of India (ECI) created the National Voter Service Portal (NVSP). The portal was launched on the occasion of National Voters’ Day in 2015. National Voters’ Day is celebrated on 25th January every year.
Aim of NVSP
The sole aim of NVSP is to provide single window services to electors.
Services offered in NVSP
A number of services are offered to electors through NVSP. They are listed below:
- Search the name in Electoral List.
- Deletion/objection in electoral roll
- Correction of entries in electoral roll
- Application for transposition of entry in electoral roll
- Apply online for new registration
- Apply online for registration of overseas voter
- Apply online for Enrolment, Modification, Deletion and change of address in electoral roll
- Track Status of applications
- Print vote information slip
- View details of Polling booth, Assembly Constituency and Parliamentary constituency, Booth Level officer, Electoral Registration Officer and other Election officer.
- View links to State / UT CEO offices websites
- View awareness information on polling processes, Electronic Voting Machine (EVM), etc
Frequently Asked Questions on NVSP Portal
What is NVSP?
It is a portal which provides citizens a user-friendly interface for form submission and electoral search.
Do I need to register myself to avail the services of NVSP?
Yes, to make use of the services you will need to register yourself on the portal.
Can I track the status of my online application using the portal?
Yes, the status of the online application can be tracked on the NVSP portal using the reference number.
Can I download the e-EPIC card from the portal?
Yes, the e-EPIC card can be downloaded from the National Voters’ service portal.
How can I check my booth and officers’ details on the portal?
You can check the details using the EPIC number or address.