Voter ID is a very important document for an Indian citizen. Many of us do not apply for a election card in India as it is a time consuming and a confusing process. Well, it actually isn’t, if you have all the information. One of the important questions people applying for a Voter ID is how they will find out the Part Number? You will need Part Number of electoral roll to apply for voter ID. How do you find this information?
Why do you need to know your Part Number?
- You need this to apply for a new Voter ID Card.
- Part number is required to make changes in your existing Election Card like your name and address.
- To cancel your Voter ID from a particular constituency.
Methods to find Part Number In Voter id
There are two ways to check the Part Number in electoral roll. The first method is to check your family member’s or neighbours Voter ID. The Part Number will be the same for people residing in the same area. Ask someone who lives very close by for their Voter ID Card and check the back side of the card. You should be able to find “Part Number and Name” information on the reverse side of the card. That is the Part Number you will need when you apply for a Voter Card for yourself.
How to find Part Number in a Voter ID Card online
- To find the Part Number, you will have to visit the National Voters’ Services Portal website.
- Once you visit the website, you will be asked to find your account by either entering the Epic Number or by entering your personal details. Choose one of these options and proceed.
- If you choose to enter your personal details, you will be asked enter your name, father’s name, age, date of birth, gender, state, and your respective constituency.
- Once you enter all information required, click on the link under the “Polling Station” column.
- Please note that many profile with the same name might pop up so it is necessary to enter all your personal details to find the exact account.
- To search for your profile by entering your Epic Number in the electoral roll, please enter the EPic number in the space provided and select the state you reside in and click on “continue”.
- Your profile will pop up as Epic Number is a unique code and assigned to only one person.
- Once your profile shows up, click on the link under the “Polling Station” column.
- On the next page, you will able to see your polling station location. Click on “See Your Election Officials” option to proceed to the next page.
- You will now find the Election Officers’ details. At the end of this page, you will find “Click here for Electoral Roll” option. Choose this option to download the PDF.
- Open the PDF file and on the top right hand side of the page, you will find the Part Number.
If you want to register for a new Voter ID or make changes to your existing one, go ahead and do it online. It doesn’t take much time you see.