Every five years, election is conducted in India. The responsibility of all the citizens is extremely important in the election process as they need to elect the ideal leader by casting their votes. Voter ID card is an identity provided to eligible voters, using which they can cast their vote in the elections in India. The voter ID card is authorized by the Government of India as an identification proof. Once you apply for the card, you can check the voter ID status online.
|Know Voter ID Status||Voter ID Card Correction Status||Voter ID Application No.||Track Voter ID Application Status|
|Track Election Card Status||Find out Voter ID Status by Name||Voter ID Search by Number||FAQs on Voter Card Status|
Steps to Check status of your voter id card - 2019
- Log on to the national voter's service portal
- Enter 'Reference ID' that you got at the time of Voter ID Registartion & Form No.
- Click on 'Track Status' (Voter ID Status).
- The status of your Voter ID will be displayed on the screen.
Using the reference number that you have obtained while submitting the Form 8 (online or offline), you can follow the listed steps to check for the correction status:
- Visit national voter's service portal - The official website of National Voters Services Portal that provides a wide range of Voter ID related services.
- Enter the reference number that was provided to you during the Form 8 submission (online or offline). You will need make sure the reference number is accurate and doesn’t have omitted or incorrect letters or numbers.
- Click on ‘Track Status’ to see the results – Depending on the progress of your application, you will be able to view various types of status results.
- If the application is not processed and it is in a pending status, you can bookmark the page to visit later
- You can also track the status of your Voter ID by calling 1950 from your BSNL or MTNL telephone. ‘
You can follow these simple steps to check the status for Voter Card Correction of your Form 8 application. The process for correcting a voter ID card takes around 2 to 3 weeks. You will be required to produce necessary documents (physical copies for offline submission and scanned copies for online submissions) in order to request for voter ID correction(s).
Application Number for Voter ID Card
If you have applied for the Voter ID card, you must keep a track of it to know the voter ID status. Tracking the Voter ID card can be done in several ways. When you register for your Voter ID either offline or online, you are provided with an application number by the Election Commission of India (ECI). The application number is very crucial for keeping track of your voter's ID application online. It is usually around 11 digits.
EPIC Card Status (Electors Photo Identity Card) Number
EPIC is a unique number generated during enrolment for the Voter's ID, for every individual who has applied for the same.
Voter ID Application Status
It is important that after your application process is duly completed, ideally two things should happen: You receive your Voter ID in a month or two or at least the verification team visits your residence. In case neither happens within a span of two months, you must inform the ERO, Local Tahsildar, Zonal officer or the polling station of your area. If there is no response from them, you should log in to the official CEO website to understand the problem with your application and the stage at which it is stuck.
How can one check their Enrolment Application Status Online?
- In order to check the status of their enrolment application, customers will have to visit the homepage of the respective states Chief Electoral Officer (CEO).
- Click on the link titled 'Know Application Status for enrolment'.
- All required details will have to be provided.
Tracking Election Card Status
A couple of years back, if you needed to track the progress of your Voter ID application, you were required to physically visit the election office to know the Voter ID registration status. That was the only way to find if your application was in transit, under process or cancelled. However, the government of India has now devised easier and convenient ways to track your application.
You can follow the progress of your application in three ways:
- Online using the official website of the ECI.
- Using your mobile via SMS.
- Calling the helpline number.
Check Voter ID Card Status Online
The government of India has recently created a website exclusively for Voter ID information, wherein you can find all details related to your application.
The online tracking of your Voter ID has been made very simple and you just need to visit the official website of the election commission of the respective state. The information that you will enter online to attain the status of your Voter ID should match the information you filled during the application. Any mismatch or errors would not give you the correct status of your card and may lead to a failed result.
The steps to be followed for checking the status of Voter ID:
- Log in to the electoral CEO official website.
- Select the tab that says 'Know the Status of Your Application for Enrolment'. Once you click on this link, a window opens asking for some basic details of the form such as the Form number.
Correctly fill in all the required details.
- You can also select the national voters service portal and click on the Tab that says 'Search your Name in electoral roll'
- Once the link opens, you can track your application in two ways:
- Using your application number or the unique EPIC number: There is an option in the website where you can enter the EPIC number and your state number and the search will display your name and EPIC card number.
- State or District Constituency wise search: You need to enter your name, the state you are in and the district constituency you belong to, along with other details. The Search result will display your Voter ID card status.
- You must correctly fill in the following details, while looking for Voter ID status online:
- Father's or Husband's name
- Date of Birth
- State Name
- District Constituency
However, sometimes the website faces issues and may crash or give out error messages. You can always re-enter your details and recheck.
- Once all the details are entered, click on the Search button.
- Your Voter ID is then displayed in a pop-up window. Ensure your browser is not set to block pop-ups.
- After verification of the voter ID card application, you will be able to view the voter card number as well as the e-Seva centre number.
- Using the above two numbers, you can obtain your updated/new Voter ID card at the respective e-Seva centre.
- You can also leave a comment with your doubt and wait for someone from the technical team of the website to respond.
India consists of 29 states and each state has an electoral office or election commission of its own. Therefore, each state has its respective official CEO website, where you can find details of your Voter's ID application.
Know Your Election ID Card Status through SMS
Voter ID is one of the most the important legal documents that individuals need. Apart from allowing them to exercise their right to vote, it also serves as an important document for proof of identity and address. Customers can procure a Voter ID once they reach the age of 18.
Customers can apply for an ID through various methods such as by visiting the Electoral Office in their city or online as well. Once customers have applied for the status of their Voter ID either online, by calling the official helpline number or even through SMS.
In order to check the status of their Voter ID through SMS, individuals will have to follow the steps mentioned below -
- Customers will have to first find out their Voter ID application number
- They will have to SMS 'EPIC' followed by a space followed by their Voter ID application number
- The above should be sent to the Electoral Officer following which they will receive the status of the Voter ID.
- Type: EPIC Your Voter ID Application Number
- SMS the above message to the electoral officer.
For example, if an individual in Tamil Nadu wishes to find out the status of his Voter ID, then he will have to type EPIC ******** and send it to the number 9211728082.
Given below are a list of contact numbers for selected cities for finding out Voter ID Card Status via SMS:
|State||SMS Number||SMS format|
|Andhra Pradesh||9246280027||VOTE< space >voter ID number|
|Bihar||56677||ELE< space >voter ID number|
|Chandigarh||9216164606||BTH< space >voter ID number|
|Karnataka||9243355223||KAEPIC< space >voter ID number|
|Kerala||54242/537252||ELE< space >voter ID number|
|Odisha||9238300131||CEOODI< space >voter ID number|
|Tamil Nadu||9211728082||EPIC< space >Voter ID number|
|Uttar Pradesh||9212357123||UPEPIC< space >voter ID number|
|West Bengal||51969||WBEC< space >voter ID number|
Given below are a list of contact numbers for selected cities for finding out Voter ID Card Status via SMS:
Please note:The above numbers can be used to track the application status of voter ID cards in case of correction/issue of duplicate voter ID cards only.
There is no SMS facility to track new voter ID card applications.
Other options include finding the status through online methods as well.
Calling on the Dedicated ECI(Election Commission of India) Helpline Number
- You can track the status of your Voter ID by calling from your BSNL or MTNL number to a specific four-digit helpline number. The instructions are in English or Hindi, depending on whichever language you have selected.
- You can also contact the dedicated customer care number provided for each state.
The Election Commission of India has a toll-free helpline number through which individuals can make enquiries. The all-India toll free number is 1950.
Example:Voter ID Card Status Delhi
For instance, voters belonging to the capital city of India-Delhi, can check their Voter ID status on the official website of CEO Delhi. If you are from Delhi, you can easily track your application status using your phone and contacting the registered number of the Delhi election commission. You will have to SMS the unique serial number on your application, which was provided to you when you completed your submission successfully. The CEO Delhi website also has additional features which enable you to locate their Block Level Officer (BLO), respective polling booths and other information on the elections.
Each state has a unique website address that allows you to keep track of your application, depending on the steps mentioned in their respective websites.
List of the states in India with respective website for tracking Voter ID card status:
|Name of State||Website|
|Andhra Pradesh (AP)||ceoandhra.nic.in|
|Himachal Pradesh (HP)||himachal.nic.in|
|Jammu and Kashmir (JK)||ceojk.nic.in|
|Madhya Pradesh (MP)||ceomadhyapradesh.nic.in|
|Tamil Nadu (TN)||elections.tn.gov.in|
|Uttar Pradesh (UP)||ceouttarpradesh.nic.in|
|West Bengal (WB)||ceowestbengal.nic.in|
How to find out Voter ID status by name:
When you check your election card status by name you will have to log on to the official website of for election cards and enter the following details.
- Father's name
- Name of the state
- Name of the district
Voter ID Card Search by Number
If you need to know whether your name has been included in the electoral roll of the constituency, you can access the website for National Voter's Service Portal (NVSP) to carry out an electoral search. You will need to follow these steps in order to retrieve the information:
- Visit the NVSP’s website
- Select ‘Search Your Name in electoral roll’ listed under ‘National Services’
- You will be redirected to http://www.electoralsearch.in
- Click on the 2nd tab to search by EPIC no.
- Enter basic details specific to your Voter’s card, such as –
- Age/date of birth
- Assembly constituency
- Father's/husband's Name
- Code or captcha to perform the search
- You can also locate the area by using the map on the search page
Once you have entered all the required details, the search result will provide you with various types of useful information listed below:
- Find your respective polling station.
- Download or print voter information slip.
- Apply for address change.
- Find your Booth Level Officer (BLO) and Electoral Roll Officer (ERO).
- Find District Election Officials and officials in Chief Election Office.
You can also carry out a national electoral search by sending a SMS to NVSP provided numbers. Please refer to NVSP’s website for various guidelines concerning the voter ID card.
Frequently Asked Questions on Voter Card Status
What are the methods through which an individual can search the status of their Voter ID?
Customers can find information regarding their Voter Id and its status through the following methods -
- Official Website of the Election Commission of India and websites dedicated to each state
- Through SMS
- Calling the official Helpline number
How can one check their enrolment application status online?
In order to check the status of their enrolment application, customers will have to visit the homepage of the respective states Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) and click on the link titled 'Know Application Status for enrolment'. All required details will have to be provided.
Is there a helpline number that can be contacted for checking status of voter ID?
In order to check the status of their Voter ID, customers can call a specified four digit helpline number through their MTNL or BSNL phones and enquire in either English or Hindi. Another option would be to contact the helpline number provided for every state specifically.
How can an individual in Delhi check the status of their Voter ID?
If an individual in Delhi wishes to check his/her Voter ID status, then he/she will have to visit the website of the Chief Electoral Office of Delhi or can track the process through the registered number of the election commission of Delhi. Additional features on the website allow customers to locate polling booths, Block Level Officer and so on.
In order to find the status of the Voter ID online, what are the details that will have to be provided?
In order to find information regarding their Voter ID, customers will have to provide their name, the name of their father/husband, date of birth, gender, constituency and the state in which they are residing.
How can customers check their name in electoral roll online?
In order to check their name in the electoral roll online, customers will have to visit their state Chief Electoral Officers (CEO) website and click on the link titled, 'Check Your Name in the List of Voters/Voters List'. All required details will have to be filled and then the information