The e-EPIC (Electronic Electoral Photo Identity Card) was launched by the Election Commission of India (ECI) on 25 January 2021. The digital format of the voter identity cards will be issued by the government for the first time.
The main features of the Digital Voter ID are mentioned below:
- A PDF version of the e-EPIC will be provided.
- The first phase was between 25 January 2021 and 31 January 2021.
- Only new voters who have completed the registration process with the help of their mobile number will receive the e-EPIC during this period.
- From February, every voter can download the digital copy. However, the mobile number must be linked to the ECI.
- Apart from the PDF version, new voters will receive hard copies as well.
- The main reason for the launch of the digital voter ID is to make sure that there is no delay in providing the Voter ID.
- The Digilocker can be used to store the e-EPIC.
- The e-EPIC comeS with a QR code.
Procedure to Download the Digital Voter ID :
The process to download the digital voter ID is mentioned below:
- Visit https://voterportal.eci.gov.in/.
- Click on ‘Please click here to download e-EPIC’.
- Click on ‘e-EPIC Download’.
- Enter the username, password, and captcha on the next page.
- Click on ‘Login’.
- You will be able to download the e-EPIC on the next page.
The registration process must be completed in order to download the e-EPIC. You can visit https://nvsp.in/Account/Register and enter basic details such as the mobile number, EPIC number, email ID, and password to complete the registration process.
FAQs on Digital Voter ID
- Can I download the e-EPIC with the Form-6 Reference Number?
Yes, you can download the e-EPIC with the Form-6 Reference Number.
- What format is the e-EPIC provided in?
The e-EPIC is provided in the PDF format.
- Can the e-EPIC be provided as proof of identity at the polling station?
Yes, the e-EPIC can be provided as proof of identity at the polling station.
- Is it possible to download the e-EPIC on a smartphone?
Yes, the e-EPIC can be downloaded on a smartphone. You must use the Voter Helpline Mobile App to download the e-EPIC.
- What are the different ways of downloading the e-EPIC?
The different ways of downloading the e-EPIC are mentioned below:
- Voter Helpline Mobile App (the app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store or App Store)
- By visiting the official website of NVSP.
- From the Voter Portal.