The customer care department of the Income tax department are highly effective when it comes to assisting people with their queries or finding solutions. Individuals can always feel free to call any of the mentioned numbers for assistance.
The Income Tax Department, in an effort to make it easier for taxpayers to find solutions to their queries, offers call centre services. Taxpayers can call these customer care numbers for queries concerning the e-filing of their returns, to seek solutions regarding login issues on the e-filing website, to know about their income tax / TAN / PAN details, find out about Form 16 and Form 26AS, etc. Here are the customer care numbers you can call to avail assistance:
- Aaykar Sampark Kendra: 1800-180-1961 (Toll free) for general queries associated with income tax, TAN and PAN. This facility is available between 8 AM and 8 Pm from Monday to Saturday.
- 1800-103-0025 (Toll free) and 080-46122000 (Helpdesk) for queries associated with the e-filing of returns and login problems on the e-filing website. This facility is available between 9 AM and 8 PM from Monday to Saturday.
- 080-46605200 (Helpline) and 1800-103-4455 (Toll free) for queries related to the notification, refund, processing and rectification of your Income Tax returns. This facility is available between 8 AM and 8 PM from Monday to Friday.
- 120-4814600 (Helpline) and 1800-103-0344 (Toll free) for queries associated with TRACES (TDS Centralised Processing Centre), Form 16, Form 15CA, Form 26AS and TDS statement. This facility is available between 10 AM and 6 PM from Monday to Saturday.
- 020-27218080 (Helpline) for queries associated with TAN and PAN application for update/issuance via NSDL. This facility is available between 7 AM and 11 PM on all days of the week.