How to apply for PRAN Card
Since registration for Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN) is a must for central and state government employees, they can register for PRAN with National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL). The application form for PRAN registration is available on the official website of NSDL which an employee needs to download and fill. The filled application should be submitted by employees to their administration officer who would finally submit the application to CRA (Central Record Keeping Agency). Subscribers who are registered with DDO (Drawing and Disbursing Office) and CRA can only apply for allotment of PRAN. First they need to first register with CRA before registering with DDO. Any subscriber/employee falling within the age group of 18 to 60 years can apply for a Permanent Retirement Account Number.
How to apply for PRAN card online?
Both Central and State Government employee can apply for PRAN card, if they are registered with the Central Record Keeping Agency. An employee/subscriber can apply for PRAN by visiting the website of NSDL. The online application is available on the website. The Nodal Office generates the Permanent Retirement Account Number, making PRAN card apply online very simple.
Details required for online PRAN Application
A subscriber needs to fill 5 sections wherein he/she has to fill up certain details. The following details should be submitted along with the filled application for PRAN registration:
Section A - Personal details of a subscriber.
Section B - Employment details.
Section C - Nomination details of subscriber
Section D - Scheme details.
Section E - Declaration of T-PIN and I-PIN.
Among the 5 sections mentioned above, the section B will be filled by the Drawing and Disbursing Officer (DDO). The details in the remaining sections need to be filled by the subscriber. In case, a subscriber who is already registered with the old pension scheme and applies for a fresh PRAN, the same details should be provided again. Existing subscribers needs to submit fresh application form to be registered with the CRA system. Because this New Pension Scheme(NPS) launched by the government of India comes with certain changes. Unlike the old pension scheme which was based on the last pay drawn by employees, this new pension scheme involves both employer and employee and they contribute for creating a pension wealth which is payable to employees at the time of retirement.
Apart from the documents mentioned above, the mandatory details include:
- Personal and employment details.
- Bank details are also mandatory. In case, bank details are not available at the time of filling the form, the subscriber can make a declaration for providing them within 6 months.
Information such as PAN Card, nomination and scheme preference details are optional. These information can be provided at any time after registration. In case a subscriber does not provide his scheme preferences, his contribution will be invested in the default schemes hold by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA).
Check PRAN Status
With the introduction of the National Pension Scheme (NPS) in 2004 by the government of India, the PRAN (Permanent Retirement Account Number) card came into existence. The NPS has been made mandatory for all central and state government employees - to save for the future. To register for the PRAN, central and state government employees have to log on to the National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) website to either download the form or make the application online it self. Once the application is filled in, employees have to pay a minimum sum of Rs.50, download the copy, paste their photograph on the form and post it to the Central Recordkeeping Agency (eNPS). Once that is done, the next step is to check the PRAN status. Here are the steps involved:
- Log on to NSDL website link - https://cra-nsdl.com/CRA/pranCardStatusInput.do
- Next, select on the ‘new registered PRAN’ and enter the PRAN number that has been allotted to you during the application.
- Enter the captcha and click on ‘submit’. The page will then reveal the status of your application.
- If for instance the site is down, call 022 – 4090 4242 to check the status or send your queries to eNPS@nsdl.co.in
Offline procedure for PRAN card
For those who do not have access to the internet, here are the steps required to apply for a PRAN card:
- The application form for a PRAN card is available at any NPS point of presence - service providers or you can ask anyone to download the form from the NSDL website.
- The application form has to be filled with your personal details, photograph and signature. Attached to the form should be your KYC documents proving your identity and address - Aadhaar card, Passport, PAN card, driver’s license, etc.
- On submission to any NPS point of presence - service providers, they will give you a PRAN application number.
- The form then needs to addressed to the Central Recordkeeping Agency - NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 1st Floor, Times Tower, Kamala Mills Compound, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai – 400 013.
- For the registration you have to make a contribution of Rs.500, and submit the NCIS (Instruction Slip) - which mentions the details of the initial payment made.
- To track the status of your PRAN card application call 022 – 4090 4242 for any queries.
Central Record keeping Agency (CRA)
The Central Recordkeeping Agency (CRA) has been handed the responsibility of handling all accounts under the National Pension Scheme by the government of India. For those who have a valid PRAN account with the government, the CRA gives out a 12-digit I-pin and T-pin for them to access their accounts on their page - https://cra-nsdl.com/CRA/. Once they access the CRA page, central and state government employees need to enter the 12-digit pin to check the status of their accounts.
How to contribute to NPS?
For central and state employees who have already subscribed for the National Pension Scheme and have a valid PRAN card, here are the steps to make contributions towards NPS:
- Log on to the ENPS page - https://enps.nsdl.com/eNPS/InitialExistingUser.html
- Next, enter your PRAN number and date of birth (DOB)
- To verify your PRAN, an OTP will be sent to your mobile number and email ID. Enter the OTP to move to the next step of making your contribution.
- At present, you can make contributions towards Tier I and Tier II NPS accounts, which can be done through a debit/credit card or online banking.
- NPS Calculator
- NPS Tier 1
- NPS Tier 2
- how to invest in nps
- How to Open NPS Account
- NPS Death benefits
- NPS withdrawal Rules
- NPS Contribution
- NPS Interest rate
- National Pension Scheme SBI
- swavalamban pension yojana
- NPS Tax Benefit
- apy vs nps
- nps vs ppf
- NPS for NRI
- New Pension Scheme
- NPS Features and Guidelines
- NPS Withdrawal Forms
- Of India New Pension Scheme
- ICICI Bank National Pension System
- Bank of Maharashtra New Pension Scheme
- HDFC National Pension Scheme
- POP and CRA Charges under NPS
- Axis Bank National Pension System
- Bank of Baroda National Pension System
- South Indian Bank New Pension Scheme
- Canara Bank New Pension System
- Corporation Bank New Pension Scheme
- Federal Bank New Pension Scheme
- IDBI New Pension Scheme
- Kotak Mahindra Bank New Pension System
- OBC New Pension System
- NPS Lite Aggregators List
- SBP New Pension Scheme
- Tamilnad Mercantile Bank New Pension System
- Union Bank of India New Pension Scheme
- SBH New Pension Scheme
- Past Service for New Pension Scheme
- NPS Recommendations In Seventh Pay Scheme
- SBI Pension Plan Scheme
- Samajwadi Pension Yojana Online Form
- Samajwadi Pension Yojana
- NPS Pension for Family
- PRAN Reactivation
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.