LIC's New Money Back Plan 20 years is a non-linked participating policy which in addition to periodic payment on survival at specific periods during the term. As part of the policy, 20% of the sum assured is paid as survival benefit at the end of 5, 10 and 15 years. Also, a simple reversionary bonus is payable on maturity. What’s more, LIC’s new money back policy provides accidental death and disability benefit riders. Policyholders can also avail of loan facility under the policy.
The LIC new money back policy can be surrendered only after it accrues cash value after payment of 3 years of premiums. If policyholders stop paying the premium, the policy ceases to exist. Nevertheless, if premiums have been paid for three years, a paid up value is accrued for a reduced sum assured. However, the policyholder cannot avail of additions in the future.
Key Features and Highlights of LIC Moneyback 20 years Policy:
- Death benefit: If the policyholder dies during the policy term, the nominee will get 10 times of annualized premium or 125% of the Basic Sum Assured, vested simple reversionary bonuses and final additional bonus. Also, the periodical survival benefits which have been paid will not be deducted. This death benefit shall not be less than 105% of the total premiums paid as on date of death.
- Survival Benefits: If the policyholder survives the policy term, the nominee will receive 20% of the Basic Sum Assured at the end of each of 5th, 10th & 15th policy year and 40% of Sum Assured in addition to accrued bonuses.
- Maturity Benefit: If the Life Assured survives till maturity, 40% of the Basic Sum Assured in addition to simple reversionary bonuses and final additional bonus will be paid.
- Participation in Profits: The policy shall participate in profits of the Corporation and shall be entitled to receive Simple Reversionary Bonuses declared as per the experience of the Corporation, provided the policy is in full force.
Benefits of LIC Moneyback Plan for 20 Years:
- LIC’s Accidental Death and Disability Benefit Rider: Rider can be opted after payment of additional premium provided the policy is in force on the day of the accident. In case of accidental death, the Accident Benefit Sum Assured and the death benefit will be paid. In case of accidental permanent disability, a sum equal to the Accident Benefit Sum Assured will be paid over a period of 10 years. Consequently, future premiums for Accident Benefit Sum Assured will be waived.
- Simple Reversionary Bonus: It is declared per thousand Sum Assured at the end of each a year, following which, they form part of the guaranteed benefits. Simple Reversionary Bonus, therefore, accrues during the premium paying term but is paid at the end of the term or death in addition to the final additional bonus. Simple Reversionary Bonuses is declared as per the performance of the Life Insurance Corporation.
- Final Addition Bonus: Paid if the policy has run for a minimum period. Final Additional Bonus may be declared when a claim is made either as a result of death or maturity, provided the policy has been in effect for a minimum term.
- Minimum Basic Sum Assured: Rs.1 lakh
- Maximum Basic Sum Assured: No Set Limit
- Minimum Age: 13 years
- Maximum Age: 50 years
- Maximum Maturity Age for Life Assured: 70 years
- Term: 20 years
- Premium paying term: 15 years
- Minimum Accident Benefit Sum Assured: Rs.1 lakh
- Maximum Accident Benefit Sum Assured: Amount equal to the Sum Assured under the Basic Plan (maximum of Rs.50 lakh) Accident Benefit Sum Assured.
- Minimum Age: 18 years
- Maximum Age: Can be opted at any time.
- Maximum cover: 70 years
Payment of premiums:
Premiums under the policy can be paid at a yearly, half-yearly, quarterly or monthly basis or via salary deductions. A grace period of one month will be given (for yearly, half-yearly, quarterly modes) and 15 days for monthly mode.
The table below shows the premiums per Rs. 1000 of basic sum assured
|Age (in years)||Premium (Rs.)|
If the Life Assured ends life irrespective of whether sane or insane, in a year, from the date of risk commencement, LIC will not accept any claim except 80% of the premiums paid sans taxes, extra premium and rider premiums. If the Life Assured ends life from date of revival, 80% of the premiums paid till the date of death (excluding taxes, extra premium and rider premiums) or the surrender value, will be payable.
LIC Money Back Plan FAQ’s:
Q. What is the core meaning of a money back plan?
A.Money back plan essentially means that the policyholder will receive payments at regular intervals from the insurance company. The period of time within which the policyholder receives the amount of money is usually 4-5 years. The concept of a money back plan is very similar to that of an endowment plan. It provides 20% of the total sum assured after the initial four years have passed. Further, a 20% return is again offered after eight consecutive years. The 20% that remains out of the total is provided to the policyholder once the plan matures with an additional bonus amount.
Q.What are some of the vital benefits of LIC Money Back Plan?
A.This plan offers several benefits to the policyholder: Death Benefit: In case of sudden demise of the policyholder, 125% of the total sum assured is given out to the beneficiary. This percentage is also provided along with the additional bonus amount and reversionary bonuses. Survival Benefits: In case the policyholder makes it through the entire policy term, the beneficiary receives 20% of the basic sum assured at the termination of the 5th, 10th, and 15th year of the policy. Additionally, accrued bonuses coupled with 40% of the total sum assured are also provided to the nominee. Maturity Benefit: If the policyholder survives till the period of maturity of the policy, he/she will receive 40% of the basic sum assured coupled with reversionary bonuses and the additional bonus amount.
Q.What are the Conditions for Eligibility in this Plan?
A.Basic sum assured amount (minimum) : Rs.1 lakh Basic sum assured amount (maximum) : No limit set Age of the policyholder (minimum) : 13 years Age of the policyholder (maximum) : 50 years Maturity age for the life assured (maximum) : 70 years Policy term: 20 years Term for paying premiums: 15 years
Q.What are Some of the Exclusions in a Money Back Policy?
A.If the policyholder passes away in the middle of the policy, LIC will thereafter not accept any further claims barring 80% of the total premiums paid excluding taxes, rider premiums, and so on from the exact day that the risk was commenced. If the life assured passes away from the revival date, 80% of the total premiums that have been paid till date (date of death), also known as the surrender value, will be given out.
This Insurance Company has not partnered with BankBazaar.com. For more details, please visit its website/branch office. The trademarks, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective owners.
GST of 18% is applicable on life insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017