The way in which people make LIC payments has undergone a drastic change. From traditional payment modes to an all-digital era, accomplishing tasks like premium calculation, etc., has become absolutely effortless and convenient.
By means of the online portal, one can easily access his/her LIC policy. All that is required is the policy number of the policyholder and his/her birthdate. LIC transaction status on the website can be checked by the policyholder anytime after the online payment is completed. Policyholders often check the transaction status of their payments to ascertain whether the payment is successful or not. By using the policy number and the date of transaction, one can easily know the status of his/her transaction.
Life Insurance Corporation of India has modernised the way in which people can pay their premiums. From visiting LIC branches for making premium payment to accomplishing the same within a few minutes on the online portal, LIC payment procedures have come a long way.
Furthermore, for enhanced convenience of its users, LIC has now provided the option to ‘Check LIC Transaction Status’ online. Once the policyholder has made the payment, LIC gives him/her an invoice/receipt which is generated electronically. This receipt is available to only those who have utilised the online portal to make their payments. The electronically generated receipt is sent to the policyholder’s registered email ID which he/she might have given at the time of making the online payment. Typically, it takes around three days for the policyholder to receive his/her payment receipt on the email ID. Meanwhile, the policyholder is free to check the LIC Transaction status on www.licindia.in
What is the Process to Check the LIC Transaction Status Online?
The following steps indicate the way in which one can check his/her LIC policy transaction status:
- Go to the main website of Life Insurance Corporation of India www.licindia.in
- On the right hand end of the webpage you will be able to locate the option labelled ‘Online Services’. Choose the icon for ’Online Services’
- The next page that appears will have two options. The first option will be for ‘Registered Users’ and the second one will be ‘LIC PayDirect’, which basically enables policyholders to make premium payments without logging in, by making use of the policy number
- Choose the option for ‘LIC PayDirect’
- The next page that appears will display options for ‘Online Premium Payment’ and ‘Transaction Status’
- Choose the link that says ‘Transaction Status’
- In the next page, you (the policyholder) will be asked for your policy number and date of transaction
- Once you click on the ‘Submit’ button, your LIC policy transaction status will be displayed and you can check for discrepancies accordingly
In case there is an occurrence of an error/s in the procedure, the policyholder will be required to send an email to email@example.com stating your problem in detail. This issue will further be handled by the authorities responsible.
In case the online mode of making payment and checking transaction status seems like an effort, the policyholder can also gain such information by clicking on the link ‘Contact Us’ which is situated on the right hand portion of the webpage. Herein, the policyholder will receive information on the nearest LIC branch that is in his/her proximity. The policyholder can easily make an appointment with the LIC official and resolve their issue.