Exide Life Insurance Company Limited is among the most reputed insurance companies in India. Headquartered in Bangalore, Exide Life started operations in 2001-02. Exide Industries Limited holds 100% of the stake in the company and more than 15 lac customers have purchased policies from Exide Life. The overall assets managed by the company exceeds Rs.9500 crores, and the premium income collected by the company in 2015-16 alone was Rs.2000 crores.
Key Highlights of Exide Life Insurance
Claim Settlement Ratio
Claim-settlement ratio of 96.40% for year 2016-2017
100.00% Grievances Settled for year 2016-2017
To be eligible for Exide Life Insurance
You should be at least 18 years old
You should be less than 65 years old
You should be either Salaried, Self- employed, a professional or have your own business
Exide Life Insurance at a Glance
A maximum tenure of 35 years
Min Sum Assured: Rs 25 Lakhs
Max Sum Assured: Rs 25 Crore
Specific exclusions: Suicide within the first 12 months
Documentation needed to apply for an Exide Life Insurance
- 1. Identity Proof
- 2. Age Proof
- 3. Income Proof
- 4. Address Proof
- 5. PAN Number
Benefits of Exide Life Insurance:
Exide Life Insurance Company Limited has built a strong reputation over the years for providing high quality life insurance products. The company offers savings solutions as well as long-term protection plans to an extensive customer base. With a portfolio as large as Exide Life’s, finding that perfect policy for your insurance needs becomes relatively simple. Moreover, the company also has an ISO 9001:2008 quality certification, thus ensuring that it is among the more reliable players in the market. Exide Life currently has over 50,000 advisors and agents who work with more than 200 offices across India, making it fairly simple to find the right policy in little to no time.
Different Types of Life Insurance Policies Offered by Exide Life:
Exide Life has a comprehensive portfolio filled with savings plans, child plans, retirement and investment solutions and more. Following is a list of life insurance policies you can purchase from Exide Life Insurance Company Limited:
Exide Life Protection Plans:
At the moment, Exide Life has made available only one protection plan for its customers to ensure that the family of the policyholder is financially secure in case of the death of the policyholder. Following is a brief description of the protection plan offered by Exide:
Exide Life Smart Term Plan:
The Smart Term Plan by Exide Life is a distinctive scheme that comes with three variants, viz. the classic plan, the step-up plan, and the comprehensive plan and ensures that the premium paid by the policyholder will be returned to him / her upon maturity.
|Plan||Basic Sum Assured||Policy Term|
|Exide Smart Term Classic Plan||In case of Single Pay policies, the minimum sum assured will be Rs.5 lacs. For 5-Pay policies, the basic sum assured will be Rs.10 lacs. For Regular Pay policies, the minimum sum assured will be Rs.5 lacs.||10 to 30 years for Single Pay policies and 5-Pay policies, and 12 to 30 years for Regular Pay policies.|
|Exide Smart Term Step-up Plan||Rs.10 lacs for 5-Pay policies and Regular Pay policies.||10 to 30 years for 5-Pay policies and 12 to 30 years for Regular Pay policies.|
|Exide Smart Term Comprehensive Plan||Rs.10 lacs for Single Pay and Regular Pay policies.||10 to 30 years for Single Pay policies and 12 to 30 years for Regular Pay policies.|
Exide Life Child Plans:
Investing in a child plan at an early stage of your kid’s life can provide significant benefits when they grow older. Whether it is for their higher education or marriage, you can save enough money to ensure that they are financially secure to meet their long-term goals. Exide Life offers three comprehensive child insurance plans that are designed in a manner such that extensive benefits are guaranteed upon maturity. Following are the child plans offered by Exide Life:
- Exide Life Wealth Maxima – Maxima Child: A Unit Linked Insurance Plan that helps you maximize your wealth while securing your child’s future. One can pay the premium amount monthly, half-yearly or annually.
- Exide Life Mera Aashirvad: A child insurance plan that provides benefits on maturity as well as death. Both benefits are tax free and the plan includes a premium waiver clause in case of the unfortunate demise of the life insured. Scheduled payouts are offered to aid in the child’s future planning.
- Exide Life New Creating Life Insurance Plans: A limited or regular pay child insurance plan providing tax free returns to secure the future planning for the insured. Offering discounts on higher premiums, this plan can offer a waiver of premium along with enhanced protection through rider benefits.
|Plan||Minimum Annual Premium / Basic Sum Assured||Policy Term (Tenure)|
|Exide Wealth Maxima – Maxima Child||Annual Premium: Rs.36,000||10 years, 15 to 20 years|
|Exide Mera Aashirvad||In case the premium paying term is between 10 and 14 years, the minimum sum assured will be Rs.3.5 lacs. If the premium paying term is between 15 and 20 years, the minimum sum assured will be Rs.4.5 lacs.||The policy term for this plan is calculated by adding five years to the premium paying term. If the policy is purchased before the child’s birth, the policy term will be (13 to 20 years + 5 years). If the policy is bought when the child is one year old, the policy term will be (12 to 20 years + 5 years). If the policy is bought when the child is two years old, the policy term will be (11 to 20 years + 5 years). If the policy is purchased when the child is between three and 15 years old, the policy term will be (10 to 20 years + 5 years).|
|Exide New Creating Life Insurance Plans||In case the premium paying term is five years, the premium will be Rs.36,000 per annum. If the premium paying term is seven years, the premium will be Rs.24,000 per annum. For premium paying term of 10 years, the premium will be Rs.18,000 per annum.||If the premium paying term is five years, the policy term will be 10 to 20 years. In case the premium paying term is seven years, the policy term will be 12 to 20 years. For premium paying term of 10 years, the policy term will be 15 to 20 years.|
Exide Life Savings and Investment Plans:
Exide Savings and investment plans are ideal for ensuring that the short term as well as long term financial requirements of your family are taken care of even if you can no longer provide for them. Following are the savings and investment policies you can purchase from Exide Life:
- Exide Life New Fulfilling Life: This plan offers life insurance cover up to the age of 85 years and tax free maturity benefits that are equal to the sum assured plus other bonuses as applicable.
- Exide Life Wealth Maxima: A Unit Linked Insurance Plan (ULIP) that offers higher life cover at every new phase of life. It gives you an option to choose from six different funds to invest.
- Exide Life Guaranteed Income Insurance Plan: The Guaranteed Income Insurance Plan offers the option to pay premiums for a limited period of time and receive a regular monthly or annual income for the remainder of the policies term. It also offers maturity benefits and tax benefits on premiums paid.
- Exide Life Prospering Life Plus: This is a unit linked insurance plan that offers policyholders guaranteed life cover along with tax free benefits, loyalty benefits and the choice to invest in six different funds. It also allows for customers to switch funds as many times as they want.
- Exide Life Jeevan Uday: The Jeevan Uday plan is a scheme that can be availed without having to undergo any medical examinations. It also offers death benefits that are 10 times the premiums paid added to any bonuses earned on the policy.
- Exide Life Assured Gain Plus: This is a life insurance plan that comes with a limited pay option and tax free maturity benefits which are a sum of the guaranteed lump sum and any other bonuses. The limited pay option means that customers pay premiums only for 5 years but enjoy life cover for the entire term of the policy.
- Exide Life Secured Income Insurance Plans: This is a life insurance plan that comes with the option of limited payments or regular payments of premiums. Its other features include enhancement of protection via riders, discounts on higher premiums and tax free returns.
- Exide Life Income Advantage Plan: The Income Advantage Plan from Exide Life is a distinctive savings as well insurance policy that offers life insurance cover and regular income so that your immediate as well as long-term financial requirements can be easily met.
- Exide Life Secured Income Insurance Plus: The Secured Income Insurance Plus plan from Exide Life offers financial security to the policyholder as well as his / her family in the form of long-term benefits. It also ensures that your family has a regular income in case of your untimely demise.
- Exide Life Star Saver: The Star Saver plan from Exide Life allows you to provide for the long-term goals of your family. This limited payment savings as well as insurance product is designed in a manner such that it provides guaranteed tax-free maturity benefits in addition to comprehensive life cover.
|Plan||Minimum Premium / Basic Sum Assured||Policy Term|
|Exide New Fulfilling Life||Annual premium: Rs.24,000 if the premium payment term is 12 years, and Rs.12,000 in case the premium payment term is 16, 20, or 24 years.||Till the policyholder turns 85 years of age.|
|Exide Wealth Maxima||For individuals who are up to 44 years old, the basic sum assured will be 10 x Annualised Premium; and for individuals who are older than 44 years, the basic sum assured will be 7 x Annualised Premium.||10 years / 15 to 20 years|
|Exide Guaranteed Income Insurance Plan||Sum Assured: Rs.90,978 Minimum Annual Premium: Rs.24,000 if the policy term is 15 years, Rs.18,000 if the policy term is 20 years, and Rs.12,000 if the policy term is 24 or 30 years.||15 years / 20 years / 24 years / 30 years|
|Exide Prospering Life Plus||n/a||n/a|
|Exide Jeevan Uday||Annual Premium: Rs.6,000 / Rs.7,000 / Rs.8,000 / Rs.9,000 / Rs.9,600||10 years / 15 years / 20 years|
|Exide Assured Gain Plus||Monthly Premium: Rs.5,000 Semi-Annual Premium: Rs.30,000 Annual Premium: Rs.60,000||10 years / 12 years / 15 years|
|Exide Secured Income Insurance Plans||If the premium paying term is five years, the minimum premium will be Rs.36,000 per annum. If the premium paying term is seven years, the minimum premium will be Rs.24,000 per annum. If the premium paying term is 10 years, the minimum annualised premium will be Rs.18,000.||In case the premium paying term is five years, the policy term will be 10 to 20 years. If the premium paying term is seven years, the policy term will be 12 to 20 years. If the premium paying term is 10 years, the policy term will be 15 to 20 years.|
|Exide Income Advantage Plan||If the policy term is 16 years, the annual premium will be Rs.30,000. If the policy term is 24 years, the annual premium will be Rs.18,000. In case the policy term is 30 years, the annual premium will be Rs.12,000.||16 years / 24 years / 30 years|
|Exide Secured Income Insurance Plus||Annual Premium: Rs.12,000||Same as premium paying term (15 to 25 years)|
|Exide Star Saver||Annual Premium: Rs.24,000 Basic Sum Assured: Rs.76,220||10 years / 12 years / 15 years|
Exide Life Pension Plans:
Exide Pension plans work as fine investment instruments since they provide a regular source of income after you have retired from employment. The premium payments made over the policy term will be returned to the customer in the form of regular income post their retirement. Following are the two pension plans offered by Exide Life:
- Exide Life Golden Years Retirement Plan: This policy offers customers three options for the payment of the premium. It can be paid all at once, for a limited period or throughout the term of the policy. It also offers guaranteed vesting and loyalty benefits.
- Exide Life Immediate Annuity with Return of Purchase Price: This is a pension plan that comes with a single premium payment option. It also requires no medical exams and offers death benefits where the enter purchase price will be returned in case of death within 30 years of purchasing the policy.
|Plan||Basic Sum Assured||Vesting Term|
|Exide Golden Years Retirement Plan||Rs.2.4 lacs (Minimum Single Premium)||10 to 42 years for Single Pay policies, 10 years for Limited Pay (5 – 9 years) policies, and 15 to 42 years for Limited Pay (10 – 41 years) policies and Regular Pay policies.|
|Exide Immediate Annuity with Return of Purchase Price||n/a||n/a|
How to Claim Insurance with Exide Life Insurance Company Limited:
Following is the procedure to claim insurance with Exide Life:
Step1: Register your claim as soon as the loss/event has occurred.
Step2: Acquire a claim intimation form from your nearest Exide Life Insurance Branch Office, or download a form off the website. This form must contain details like:
- Policy Number
- Name of policyholder and dependants, nominees, etc.
- Contact information and address
- Name of the life assured
- Relationship with the life assured (Nominee, appointee, assignee, etc.)
- Type of claim (death – natural or unnatural, disability or dismemberment, critical or terminal illness)
- Cause of event.
Step3: Completely and diligently fill in the form and attach all required documents.
Step4: Submit the duly filled in claim intimation form with necessary documents and submit them at the nearest Exide Life Insurance Branch Office, or mail them to Customer Services, Exide Life Insurance Company Ltd., Gold Hill Square, 1st Floor, #690 Hosur Road, Begur Hobli, Bangalore – 560068.
Step5: Once the claim is registered, an Acknowledgement Letter will be sent to you. Use your policy number for all queries and interactions with Exide Life Insurance Company until your claim is settled.
Documents required for claims arising from Natural Death:
- Completely filled in Claim Intimation Form
- Original Policy Document
- Original death certificate issued by local authority
- Copy of medical cause of death certificate
- Medical records of discharge, death summary, test results, admission and outpatient consultation notes, etc.
- Age proof and Identity Proof (with photo) of life assure
- Identity Proof (with photo) of claimant
- Proof of Bank Account of claimant with a self-attested copy of his bank passbook, account statement
- Proof of current address.
Documents required for claims arising from Unnatural Death or Accidental Death (including suicide):
In case of unnatural or accidental death of a policyholder, all the documents as requested in case of claims arising from natural death must be presented in addition to the following documents:
- Copy of the FIR, attested by the jurisdictional police station concerned
- Post Mortem Report, attested by all concerned officials
Documents required for claims arising from Accidental Disability or Dismemberment are the same as those required for claims arising from natural death.
Documents required for claims arising from Critical Illness and Terminal Illness are also the same as those required for claims arising from natural death.
Exide Life Claim Settlement Ratio:
|Total Premium in Crores (2014-15)||Total Premium in Crores (2013-14)||Claim Settlement Ratio (2014-15)||Claim Settlement Ratio (2013-14)|
|Total Premium in Crores (2016-17)||Total Premium in Crores (2015-16)||Claim Settlement Ratio (2016-17)||Claim Settlement Ratio (2015-16)|
Documents Required for Buying Exide Life Insurance:
Following are the documents that must be attested to the Exide Life Insurance application:
- Address proof
- Identity proof
- Income proof
- PAN Card
- Self-attested bank passbook copy
How to Check Exide Life Policy Status?
Individuals who purchase a life insurance policy from Exide Life can either check the status of their policy online or contact the customer care of the company via email or phone.
To check the status of your Exide Life insurance policy online, all you have to do is visit the company’s official website and find the Track Your Policy link on the home page. Login to your customer account by entering the username and then provide the requested details and your policy status information will appear on screen.
The alternative to checking your policy status online is getting in touch with a customer care executive over call or email. To check your policy status over phone, call 1800 419 8228.
Exide Life Insurance Online Payment:
Customers who wish to pay their premium online instead of visiting a branch of Exide Life can do so in four simple steps. All you have to do is visit the Payment section on the company’s main page and enter the requested details such as policy number and date of birth, check your policy and premium details, and make the payment using your credit card / debit card / net banking.
Exide Life Premium Calculator:
To calculate the premium applicable to your Exide Life insurance policy, all you have to do is visit the company’s website and locate the calculator. Then select the product category and then the plan / solution after which you will have to proceed to the next step where you will be required to enter your name and date of birth. Then, you will have to enter your policy details, such as the premium frequency, the annual premium you wish to invest, the capital guarantee you require, the policy term and the premium paying term. Once you have entered all of the aforementioned details in addition to any others that may be requested depending upon the policy you choose, the premium applicable to your plan will appear on screen.
Exide Life Insurance Customer Care:
Exide Life Insurance is one of the foremost life insurance provider in India which offers a bouquet of well-appointed policies. In addition to offering life insurance, the Exide Life is also committed to serving all policy related requirements which their customers may have. In their constant endeavour to not only improve but also provide greater convenience to their customers, the insurer has set up a special section dedicated to customer support. The sole purpose of the customer care division is to help customers with all their policy related requests. To execute this, the insurer has set up multiple channels via which customers can get in touch with the customer support staff. In addition to the helpline number and email address, customers can also get in touch with the customer support team at ay Exide life branch office. The insurer has also provided a number of self-service options on their website using which customers can perform a number of requests such as top up their premium, get a premium certificate, update their details, request for unclaimed amount, sign up for direct debit, get information about the surrender process, claim intimation, and download forms, among other requests.
Exide Life Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I cancel my Exide Life insurance policy?
A. To cancel your Exide Life insurance policy, all you have to do is visit the nearest branch of the company along with your original policy bond and surrender it to the officials, and the company will refund your money after deducting certain fees within a few days.
How do I renew my Exide Life insurance policy?A. For renewal of Exide life insurance policies, you will have to contact the company’s customer care and complete the entire process online.
Can I revive my life insurance policy even if I have defaulted on my premium payments in recent times?
A. In case of regular premium payment policies, you will have to clear your defaults within the grace period. If you have not made premium payments within the grace period, your policy will lapse. Once your policy lapses, you can revive it by making all arrears of premium payments along with the interest rate for that particular period of time. However, whether or not your lapsed policy can be revived is at the discretion of the company.
How much life insurance do I need?
A. The amount of life insurance coverage you will require will depend on several different factors such as the number of dependents you have, the lifestyle you wish for your family to enjoy, the amount of mortgages or debts you still haven’t settled, provision for children’s education needs, you investment requirements, etc.
What are the different types of insurance policies offered by Exide Life Insurance Company?
A. Exide Life Insurance Company has the following plans under its product portfolio:
- Child Plans.
- Inheritance Plan.
- Plans to help you meet your financial goals.
- Plans to help your redirect your surplus savings into investments.
Does Exide Life Insurance Company have any Retirement Plans?
A. Yes, Exide Life’s retirement plans can take care of your post-retirement by providing you with a decent source of income, through the following plans:
- Exide Life Golden Years Retirement Plan.
- QROPS – which is a plan to transfer your pension from UK to India.
What is Exide Life Insurance Company’s claim settlement ratio?
A. As in the assessment period of April 2014 to March 2015, Exide Life Insurance Company had a claim settlement ratio of 86.1%.
What are the minimum and maximum Sum Assured options available under the various Exide Life Insurance plans?
A. Exide has many different insurance plans, and the Sum Assured can range from Rs.25,00,000 to Rs.25,00,00,000 – depending on the plan chosen.
What are the documents needed to apply for Exide Life insurance?
- Identity Proof: Any legally acceptable photographic identification document. Could be your PAN card, driving license, voter’s ID, passport, etc.
- Age Proof: Any legally acceptable document that can confirm your age. Can be passport, driving license, passport, birth certificate, etc.
- Income Proof: Any record of incomes received over a pre-specified period. Can be salary slips, bank passbook, or bank account statement.
- Address Proof: Any legally acceptable document that attests to your claimed address of residence and correspondence. Can be passport, driving license, voter’s ID, etc.
- PAN Number: The number that appears on your Personal Account Number (PAN) card.
Does Exide Life Insurance Company provide any riders to enhance insurance coverage?
A. Exide Life has the following riders available, although their applicability to your particular insurance plan may or may not be valid. Read your policy document to find out more.
- Exide Life Critical Illness Rider: This add-on protection can be attached to new or existing policies, and can cover up to 25 critical illnesses.
- Exide Life Accidental Death, Disability, and Dismemberment Rider: This add-on protection can be attached to new or existing policies, and offers a benefit against accidental death, disability, and dismemberment.
What are the premium payment options available through Exide Life Insurance?
A. Online payment
What is the grievance redressal process at Exide Life Insurance?
A. Depending on the severity of the grievance, and whether the issue has been resolved or not, there are 4 levels of grievance redressal available. Various methods available for issue redressal are contacting customer care, visiting the nearest branch, getting in touch with the complaint’s officer etc.
Does Exide Life have any plans for NRIs?
A. All the plans offered by Exide Life can also be taken up by NRIs, with the exception of Safal Jeevan Plans. It’s important to note that ULIPs cannot be applied for by US Nationals / Residents, and only Term Riders are allowed.
Standing Instruction for Auto Debit
Auto Debit using Electronic Clearing Service (ECS) Bank branches