Bajaj Allianz is a joint venture between Bajaj Finserv Limited and european financial services company Allianz SE. The organisation offers insurance products for financial planning and security by incorporating the technical expertise and experience of Allianz SE with the market knowledge and goodwill of the Bajaj brand in India. Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance meets its customers needs by offering a wide variety of products ranging from ULIPs and child plans to group and health insurance. By combining global expertise with local experience, the company provides clients with customized products and transparent benefits, catering to every segment and age-income profiles
Key Highlights of Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
1 Crore Life Cover
Get 1 Cr Life cover @ ₹ 18*/day
Claim Settlement Ratio
Claim-settlement ratio of 91.30% for year 2015-2016
99.90% Grievances Settled for year 2015-2016
To be eligible for Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
You should be at least 18 years old
You should be less than 60 years old
You should be either Salaried, Self- employed, a professional or have your own business
Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance at a Glance
A maximum tenure of 30 years
Min Sum Assured: Rs 2.5 Lakhs
Max Sum Assured: No limit subject to underwriting
Specific exclusions: Suicide within the first 12 months
Documentation needed to apply for an Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
- 1. Identity Proof
- 2. Age Proof
- 3. Income Proof
- 4. Address Proof
- 5. PAN Number
Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Plans Details
Bajaj Allianz has a number of plans tailored to suit the needs of every individual looking to secure his/her future through life insurance policies that offer maximum returns and coverage.
Bajaj Allianz plans are listed below:
Protection Plans from Bajaj Allianz are focused at providing insurance cover to your loved ones in case of death. Securing your family against all future mishaps is the first priority of most individuals. These plans aim to ease your stress regarding your responsibilities towards your family. Below are the options of term insurance plans that can be chosen from.
- eTouch Online: Bajaj Allianz eTouch Online provides coverage for a specific policy term agreed upon between the policyholder and insurer, at the beginning of the policy.
- iSecure More: The iSecure More insurance plans is similar to the iSecure plan and differs only in its exclusive feature of an enhanced life cover as the years go by. Hence, with this plan you can get an increased sum assured with each passing year.
- iSecure Loan: As the name itself suggests, this insurance policy is meant to cover your loan liabilities in case you are not around to take care of it anymore. This plan ensures that your family does not have to struggle through any loan reimbursement hassles in case something happens to you.
- Life Secure: it is a non-linked whole life plan that provides 3 coverage options and high Sum Assured rebate.
- LifeStyle Secure: it is a non-linked term assurance plan that comes with a built-in Terminal Illness risk cover as well as a plan benefit that is paid out monthly.
Basic Sum Assured
|iSecure||Rs.2,50,000 (general) Rs.20,00,000 (based on categories)||10,15,20,25 & 30 years|
|iSecure More||Rs.2,50,000||10,15,20 & 25 years|
|iSecure Loan||Rs.3,00,000||10,15,20 & 25 years|
|Life Secure||Rs.20,00,000||100 years minus entry age|
|LifeStyle Secure||Rs.3,00,000||5,7,10,15&20 years|
- Young Assure: this is a participating limited premium endowment plan that offers a guaranteed maturity benefit as well as 3 cash instalment options to choose from. It also provides comprehensive coverage in case of death or accidental disability.
- Young Assure Plus Solution: this is an add-on plan to the Young Assure plan that offers a Vested Bonus as well as a Terminal Bonus (which will be added every 10 years).
- Lifelong Assure: this is a non-linked whole life plan that provides a cash bonus from the 6th year onwards and a guaranteed death benefit up to 300% of the Sum Assured, with the option of receiving the policy benefit through monthly instalments.
Basic Sum Assured
|Young Assure||10 times annual premium||10,15&20 years|
|Lifelong Assure||Rs.1,00,000||100 years minus entry age|
These insurance plans from Bajaj Allianz are suitable to the modern Indian lifestyle. These plans are designed to offer the customer the advantage of insurance as well as the option to save. It is a traditional endowment plan which guarantees 115% of the sum assured.
- Save Assure: This plan helps you secure your family’s interest with a guaranteed 115% of the sum assured on your insurance policy.
- Guarantee Assure: This is a non-linked, non-participating insurance plan that helps you ensure a safer future for your family whether you are around or not.
Basic Sum Assured
|Save Assure||Rs.1,00,000||15&17 years|
|Guarantee Assure||Rs.1,00,000||7,8&9 years|
Bajaj Allianz Investment Solutions Plans:
- Fortune Gain: it is a unit-linked single premium plan that gives policyholders a choice of 7 funds with the option to decrease the Sum Assured and switch investment options to gain maximum returns.
- Invest Assure: it is a non-linked endowment plan that provides additional cover through rider options and compound reversionary as well as terminal bonus.
- Elite Assure: it is a non-linked, participating limited premium endowment plan that guarantees up to 315% of the maturity benefit as loyalty addition along with additional cover through riders.
Basic Sum Assured
|Fortune Gain||1.25 times single premium (for entry age less than 45 years) 1.1 times single premium (for entry age more than 45 years)||7-30 years|
|Invest Assure||Rs.1,00,000||Silver variant: 15-40 years Gold variant: 17-40 years|
|Elite Assure||10 times annual premium||15,20,25 & 30 years|
Bajaj Allianz has a few retirement plans that will suit you when you have retired and will ensure a continuous flow of income for a considerable period of time. These plans are systemic saving plans that help you prepare for your retirement by organizing your savings. Following are the retirement plans offered by Bajaj Allianz.
- Retire Rich: A unit linked pension plan offering guaranteed vesting and guaranteed death benefits through regular, limited or single pay premium for premium payment terms that can be adjusted as per the customer’s choice. Premium can be topped up too, as the case may be. Tax benefits can be applicable for premium paid, maturity benefit and death benefit. Loyalty additions are made available for terms more than 10 years.
- Pension Guarantee: It’s The Pension Guarantee plan from Bajaj Allianz ensures that you continue to earn a regular income even after you have retired from your job. This plan comes with annuity options to choose from and lasts for your lifetime.
- Life Long Assure: This is a unique plan that provides protection as well as regular income till you turn 100 years old. This is a great plan to avail as part of retirement planning.
The ULIP plans from Bajaj Allianz are aimed at providing not just life insurance benefit in the unfortunate event of death of the policy holder but also at providing a unit-linked scheme that offers benefits with the movement of the share market. The two ULIP schemes offered by the company are
- Future Gain: This is a unit-linked endowment plan which ensures you obtain maximum returns at least cost. Future Gain ensures every penny of yours is utilized fully to materialize into savings and returns
- Fortune Gain: This is a unit-linked, endowment insurance plan that allows single premium and provides 99.5% premium allocation
- Principal Gain: it is a guaranteed maturity unit-linked insurance plan providing guaranteed loyalty additions upon maturity, with the option to receive them in instalments.
Basic Sum Assured
|Future Gain||< 45 years-10 times annual premium/0.5 times policy term times annual premium (whichever is higher). >/= 45 years- 7 times annual premium/0.25 times annual premium times policy term, whichever is higher.||10,15-20 years (for 5 or 6 year premium payments) 10,15-30 years (other premium payment terms)|
|Fortune Gain||<45 years- 1.25 times single premium >/= 45 years- 1.1 times single premium||7-30 years|
|Principal Gain||10 times annual premium||7-15 years|
- Jan Suraksha Yojna: it is a non-linked, non-participating micro group term insurance plan that provides coverage at an affordable cost.
- Group Employee Care: it is a non-linked, non-participating fund based insurance cover that offers a guaranteed interest rate.
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojna: it is a non-linked, non-participating yearly renewable group insurance plan providing coverage without medical underwriting.
- Group Term Life: it is a traditional group term insurance plan that is renewable yearly and provides basic insurance coverage to policyholders.
- Group Employee Benefit: it is a non-participating unit-linked group insurance plan that enables employers to provide additional security to employees as part of welfare requirements.
- Group Term Care: it is a non-linked, non-participating single premium group insurance plan that provides a high Sum Assured rebate as well as up to 100% upon policy maturity for members.
- Group Superannuation Secure: it is a non-linked variable find-based superannuation insurance plan that offers a minimum guaranteed interest as well as additional interest rate.
- Niyamit Sanchay Suraksha: it is a non-linked, non-participating group savings variable insurance plan that offers a guaranteed interest as well as an additional interest rate throughout the policy term.
- Group Credit Protection Plus: it is a non-participating group insurance plan that covers loans issued by employers and extends to cover co-borrowers.
Basic Sum Assured
|Jan Suraksha Yojna||Rs.10,000 per member||5 years|
|Group Employee Care||Rs.1,000 per member||Annual renewal|
|Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana||Rs.2,00,000 per member||Annual renewal|
|Group Term Life||Rs.1,000 per member||Annual renewal|
|Group Employee Benefit||Rs.5,000 per member||Annual renewal|
|Group Term Care||Rs.1,00,000 per member||5,7 or 10 years|
|Group Superannuation Scheme||Rs.1,00,000||Annual renewal|
|Niyamit Sanchay Suraksha||Premium||<45 years||>/= 45 years||Limited/regular||single|
|Regular/limited premium||10 times annual premium||7 times annual premium||10, 15-30 years||10 & 15 years|
|Single premium||1.25 single premium||1.1 times annual premium|
Bajaj Allianz Micro Insurance Plans:
- Bima Dhan Suraksha Yojana: it is a non-linked, non-participating micro insurance plan with premium return upon maturity.
- Bima Sanchay Yojana: it is a micro variable insurance plan that allows partial withdrawal for emergencies and assures investment returns through additional interest rate as well as guaranteed interest rate.
Basic Sum Assured
|Bima Sanchay Yojana||Premium||<45 years||>/= 45 years||10 & 15 years|
|Regular/limited premium||10 times annual premium||7 times annual premium|
|Single premium||1.25 single premium||1.1 times annual premium|
|Bima Dhan Suraksha Yojana||5,7 & 10 years|
Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Claims Process:
Filing a claim with Bajaj Allianz is a hassle-free and easy process, as the company has streamlined their claims filing process. Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance claims can be filed offline, with the claims process outlined below:
- The customer is to visit the nearest Bajaj Allianz office with a copy of the life insured’s death certificate and an intimation letter.
- The branch would then hand over a claim form, which is to be filled in with information such as the life insured’s name, address, date of birth, policy number etc.
- The claim form and death certificate and any other documents pertaining to the case would then be forwarded to the head office, where they would be processed and verified.
- The application would be verified, along with the cause of death and a decision would be taken on the same.
- Once the status of the policy is changed (to inactive) and the calculation of the account, bonus and any other variables is complete, the applicant would be notified as to the status of the claim.
- On approval of the claim, the payout would be prepared and transferred to the claimant’s bank account.
- In the event of the claim being rejected, the claimant can follow up with the concerned branch and make arrangements, if any (for additional documents or proof).
- The additional documents would be verified and subject to the claim being approved, the payout would be released to the claimant.
Bajaj Allianz Claim Settlement Ratio:
Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance claim settlement ratio is given below:
|Claim Settlement Ratio (%)||91.29||91.85|
|Total Premium (in crores)||5,843.14||6,017.3|
Documents Required for Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance:
The documents required to buy a Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance policy are mentioned below:
- Passport size photograph.
- Proof of identity: Any one of the below mentioned documents are to be submitted towards proof of identity.
- PAN card.
- Voter’s identity card.
- Driving licence.
- Job card issued by NREGA, signed by a State Government officer.
- Aadhaar card.
- Proof of residence: Any one of the below mentioned documents are to be submitted towards proof of residence.
- Bank account or post office account statement.
- Property tax or municipal tax receipt.
- Utility bills (electricity, gas, telephone) not more than 2 months old.
- Letter of allotment or accommodation from State or Central government, financial institutions or listed companies.
- Rent agreement.
Checking Bajaj Allianz Policy Status:
Checking the policy status of a Bajaj Allianz life insurance policy can be done through different channels, depending on the policyholder’s convenience.
Bajaj Allianz has made provision for both online as well as offline avenues through which policyholders can check the current status of their life insurance policy.
Checking Policy Status Online:
Policyholders can visit the Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance website and log in. Choose the ‘Policy Status’ tab from the options on screen. The current status of the existing policy will be displayed onscreen.
Policyholders can alternatively check their policy status by sending an email to the Bajaj Allianz customer care, quoting their name, address, policy number, mobile number etc. The current status of the policy will be emailed to them.
Policyholders can also use the live chat option to get details about their policy status. At the bottom right corner of the Bajaj Allianz life insurance homepage is a ‘live chat’ tab. On clicking on the tab, the policyholder can chat with a company representative who will provide an update on the policy status by providing details such as the name of the insured, date of birth, policy number etc.
Checking Policy Status Offline:
Policyholders can check the status of their policies offline as well by visiting a Bajaj Allianz insurance branch and enquiring as to the current status of a policy.
Policyholders could also call on the Bajaj Allianz toll-free number and check the current status of a policy.
Bajaj Allianz has introduced an SMS facility to check policy status and details as well. Policyholders can send an SMS, following which a company representative will call them back and address their query.
Bajaj Allianz Online Premium Payment:
Bajaj Allianz policyholders will no longer have to wait in queues or set reminders to deposit cheques to pay their premiums. Policyholders can make quick and easy online premium payments from wherever they are and ensure premium payment deadlines are not missed.
Policyholders who wish to make online payments will have to register on the Bajaj Allianz life insurance website. The process to pay online is given below:
- Go to the Bajaj Allianz life insurance website and log in.
- Select the ‘Premium Payment’ option from the ones provided.
- Click on the ‘Make Payment’ option and select the policy number from the drop down list.
- Click on the ‘Proceed for Payment’ tab and select a payment option from the ones provided- credit card/net banking.
- On successful payment, an acknowledgement will appear on screen confirming the payment.
Bajaj Allianz Premium Calculator:
A life insurance policy is a long term investment that requires a significant sum of money. Often, individuals choose to pay their insurance premiums over a period of time, resulting in the need to factor in this additional cost when budgeting.
To enable prospective policyholders to know the premium amount payable, Bajaj Allianz has designed a premium calculator.
This calculator will present the figure the individual will have to set aside for premium payments depending on variables such as policy term, policyholder’s age, general health etc.
The premium calculator also calculates the amount to be received at the time of maturity and any additional bonus pay-outs, so the individual can take an informed decision regarding choosing a policy.
Depending on the policyholder’s need, Bajaj Allianz has a number of premium calculators that will compute specific date. For example, individuals who want to know the amount they need to save for retirement can use the ‘Retire Rich Calculator’ to ascertain the amount of money they would require based on their current salary, years of work ahead and years pension would be required.
Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance FAQ’s:
Are pregnant women covered under Bajaj Allianz insurance policies?
A. If a claim falls under the exclusions under the Pregnancy Clause, or if any information is withheld relating to pregnancy related questions at the time of policy issuance.
How do I renew my Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance policy?
A. You can renew your Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance policy by paying the premium amount, upon which the policy will be active.
How do I cancel my Bajaj Allianz policy online?
A. You can cancel your policy online by filling in an online surrender request form mentioning details such as policyholder’s name, date of birth, address, policy number.
What is the online address change procedure?
A. Policyholders will have to log in to their accounts on the Bajaj Allianz life insurance website and click on the ‘Service Request’ tab and select the ‘Address Change’ option. Enter the new address in the form and forward it along with proof of new address to the address given in the form.
What are the reasons my claim can be rejected?
A. Claims can be rejected due to:
- Withholding information.
- If the claim arises due to something in the exclusions list.
- Losses that are not covered by the policy.
- Lapsed policies.
What are the riders available with Bajaj Allianz insurance policies?
A. The following riders are available:
- Bajaj Allianz UL Family Income Benefit Rider
- Bajaj Allianz UL Term Rider
- Bajaj Allianz UL Waiver of Premium Benefit Rider
- Bajaj Allianz UL Critical Illness Benefit Rider
- Bajaj Allianz UL Hospital Cash Benefit Rider
- Bajaj Allianz UL Accidental Permanent Total / Partial Disability Benefit Rider
When can riders be added or removed from the base policy?
A. Riders can be added or removed only on policy anniversaries.
How can I check my claim status?
A. Claim status can be checked at the Bajaj Allianz website.
Is death by natural calamities covered?
A. Cover is applicable under all natural calamity scenarios for both Basic Benefit and Accidental Death Benefit if it has been availed.
Is coverage available during foreign travel and stay?
A. No restrictions are imposed on foreign travel or stay.
Can a claim be re-applied for in case the decision is unsatisfactory?
A. Yes, it can be reapplied.
Are there any tax exemptions on benefits received?
A. Yes, under Section 10 (10D), all incomes from benefits payable from life insurance claims is not taxed.
Will the loss of my policy bond result in a failed claim settlement?
A. No, the claim can be processed with some additional documentation.
How to Apply Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Online
News About Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
Bajaj Allianz Launches New ULIP Plan
Bajaj Allianz has recently released a new unit linked plan named Bajaj Allianz Principal Gain. This plan includes 101% of returns on premium paid as well as assured loyalty additions if invested up to the maturity period.
Maturity payout of this plan includes 101% of premium paid returns or fund value plus guaranteed loyalty bonuses. Interested customers can buy the plan either online or offline with minimum premium amount pegged at Rs.35,000 per year and maximum tenure of 35 years.
22nd March 2016
Bajaj Finserv Records a Rise in Net Profits in Q3
Bajaj Finserv Ltd has declared a net profit of Rs. 102 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2015, up from Rs. 141.30 million for the corresponding period in 2014. Consolidated net profit after taxes, minority interest and share of profit of associates stood at Rs. 4372.90 million, compared with Rs. 3473.70 million a year ago.
The company’s total income in the third quarter rose from Rs. 283.40 million in December 2014 to Rs. 304.30 million a year later.
In the three quarters of the fiscal year, Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Company Limited has transferred the surplus in policyholders’ revenue account to the shareholders' account, as per regulations. Earlier, the company made such transfers at the close of the fiscal year, and hence the figures for this are not comparable.
February 8, 2016
Bajaj Allianz Life aims for growth in micro-insurance
Bajaj Allianz Life, one of the key players in the insurance scheme of the country is aiming for a growth through the rapidly improving micro-insurance segment. The company, which has posted a modest growth hopes to see a 60 to 65% growth in the micro segment. According to estimates, a business of Rs 350 crore is expected from this segment, helping the company reach double digit growth figures. Bajaj Allianz Life is eyeing a tie-up with self-help groups, regional rural banks and small microfinance organisations to sell its products, thereby cashing in on the demand. Bajaj Allianz Life offers two products currently and will be launching another one soon.
14th January 2016
Bajaj Allianz Bima Dhan Suraksha Yojana – a new micro plan by Bajaj Allianz.
The leading private sector life insurance company Bajaj Allianz recently launched Bajaj Allianz Bima Dhan Suraksha Yojana. It is a new micro term insurance plan having the option of return of premium. The plan is main designed for small income groups in rural areas of India. The minimum premium charged by the plan is Rs.15, 00. Customers can opt for this plan by a paying a monthly premium of Rs. 200. The maximum policy term is 10 years. A policyholder can get protection coverage up to 35 times of the total annual premiums paid under this plan.
8th January 2016
Special revival campaign launched by Bajaj Allianz Life
To help the policyholder to renew their lapsed life insurance policies, Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance announced the launch of a special revival campaign. The campaign is currently on and will continue till 31st January, 2016. The Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance customers will be given a 50% waiver on the interest amount on traditional policies that have been lapsed. The campaign is for traditional life insurance policies only. In 2014, the company revives 8,340 policies and collected Rs.18 crore worth renewal premiums. The company expects a higher number this year. The CEO of Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance, Anuj Agarwal says that this campaign is a helping hand to those who were unable to continue the policies due to financial constraints.
19th November 2015
Bajaj Allianz may launch short-term insurance cover
Private insurer Bajaj Allianz General Insurance has decided to put forward a proposal to market regulator Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) for launching the short-term insurance cover.
The short-term insurance, which Bajaj Allianz plans to introduce in the market, is similar to the regular insurance cover. The only difference between the two is the duration, which is expected to be much shorter.
In case it is approved, the proposal will not only benefit the insurance company but also offer insurance cover for people who are looking for short-term protection. With this policy, the company can increase the number of insured.
16th November 2015
98% claims settled in the June quarter by Bajaj Allianz Life
Bajaj Allianz has settled 98.45% of their claims in the June fiscal quarter and have paid out an amount of over Rs. 151 crores to its beneficiaries. A total of 29,900 claims were received and a whopping 29,437 of those claims were settled in the 3 month period. The average turnaround time for the claims paid out was just 11 days from the notified date in comparison to their 16 day turnaround time last year.
The claim process has been digitized, and have made it customer centric. Bajaj Allianz representatives are taking the calls of the customer, collecting documentation physically etc. to build on their customer relations and also making the process easier, faster and more effective.
24th September 2015
Cash Assure – A new traditional plan launched by Bajaj Allianz
Bajaj Allianz, which is a joint venture between Bajaj group of India and global insurance giant- Allianz, recently launched a traditional insurance plan that aims to offer a higher rate of return to customers for a longer period of time. The new insurance plan is known as Cash Assure and is aimed to offer protection to customers who want higher returns out of their investment amount.
Cash Assure will offer customers lump sum pay out at specific intervals of time during the entire policy period. This is in line with customers’ financial requirements at various stages of life. Bajaj Allianz is positive that the new plan will gain recognition and demand among customers owing to its higher rate of return and standard insurance protection. Generally, money-back policies are a great hit among customers since they offer cash at various stages of an individual’s life which keeps him/her covered during important phases of his/her life.
26th August 2015
All you need to know about Bajaj Allianz Elite Assure Life Insurance!
Bajaj Allianz Elite Assure is a traditional participating life insurance plan with a limited premium endowment feature. The plan has four tenure policy term options of 15,20,25 or 30 years. It also offers guaranteed maturity benefit and guaranteed loyalty addition. The minimum guaranteed maturity benefit is Rs.5 lakh.
The minimum entry age for the policy is less than one year and the maximum is 55 years. The minimum age of maturity is 18 years and the maximum is 70 years. .Sum assured is granted as death benefit in case of death of the insured.
22nd June 2015
Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance simplifies claim process for earthquake victims
In a bid to provide relief to customers affected by the Nepal earthquake, life insurance major Bajaj Allisanz Life Insurance Co. has relaxed documentation requirements for quicker processing of claims. It has also directed prima facie evidence of death caused by earthquake will suffice to process claims in lieu of regular investigative procedures. It has also fast-tracked its claims settlement procedures and hopes to meet obligations within 72 hours as far as is possible.
In lieu of death certificates, the company has directed that claims can be processed for those deceased insured persons whose names appear on a government/police/armed forces list. This will apply in case of those insured persons who are missing as well. The 7 year waiting period will be waived if the said person appears on a list as mentioned.
Although no claims have been received yet, the Bajaj Allianz Life is well prepared for any eventualities with a dedicated team already in place to expedite the process.
5th May 2015