Shriram Life Insurance Company Limited commenced operations in 2006 following its incorporation in 2005 as a joint venture between Sanlam Group – a life insurance company based out of South Africa, and the Shriram Group – an Indian conglomerate with as many as 25 companies. Shriram Life Insurance Company Limited holds the distinction for being the only private life insurance provider to record profits in its first three years of business, and in comparison with industry peers following ten years in the business, Shriram Life Insurance has come to be known as India’s most profitable life insurer.
Shriram Life Insurance Company Limited has grown tremendously in recent years, and currently boasts over 630 branches in addition to more than 75,000 insurance agents across the country. The company has an impressive portfolio of insurance plans to ensure that the needs and requirements of a diverse customer base are met. Shriram Life Insurance Company Limited concentrates primarily on the economically weaker sections of society and rural markets, thereby generating in excess of 40% of its business via these segments.
Key Highlights of Shriram Life Insurance
Claim Settlement Ratio
Claim-settlement ratio of 60.24% for year 2015-2016
96.70% Grievances Settled for year 2015-2016
To be eligible for Shriram Life Insurance
You should be at least 18 years old
You should be less than 65 years old
You should be either Salaried, Self- employed, a professional or have your own business
Shriram Life Insurance at a Glance
A maximum tenure of 25 years
Min Sum Assured: Rs 2 Lakh
Max Sum Assured: Rs 20 Lakh
Specific exclusions: Suicide within the first 12 months
Documentation needed to apply for an Shriram Life Insurance
- 1. Identity Proof
- 2. Age Proof
- 3. Income Proof
- 4. Address Proof
- 5. PAN Number
Benefits of Shriram Life Insurance:
Shriram Life Insurance Company Limited is among the most respected and largest financial services providers in the country. The company aims at delivering top-notch products and services to ensure that the financial Stability of a family won't be upset in case of the untimely and unfortunate demise of its customers. The number of insurance plans designed by the company will help you find one that best suits your requirements in little to no time. The company also has a lot of experience with regards to chit funds, commercial vehicle financing and other kinds of financial services. The large number of insurance agents that work with Shriram Life Insurance Company Limited are certain to add to the ease with which you can find the best possible life insurance policy.
Different Types of Life Insurance Policies Offered by Shriram Life Insurance:
Shriram Life Insurance Company Limited offers a variety of life insurance policies under different categories. Following are the different categories and the plans available under them:
Child plans from Shriram Life Insurance Company Limited have been designed to ensure that parents who invest fixed amounts on an annual basis will receive benefits upon maturity of contract. Usually, these policies mature when the child attains a particular age, mostly 18 years, and the funds made available upon maturity can help in meeting expenses related to the future of the child, such as higher education or marriage. Following are the two child plans offered by Shriram Life Insurance Company Limited:
- New Shri Vidya: If you are worried about ensuring your child’s education then this is the plan for you because it provides maturity benefits meant specifically for that purpose. The plan’s death benefits include the chosen sum assured and a monthly income that makes sure your family has no financial burdens.
- New Shri Vivah : As the name suggests, this plan targets those who are looking to secure funds for their child's marriage. This plan offers the chosen sum assured and a monthly income as death benefits and a sum assured and other bonuses as maturity benefits.
|Plan||Basic Sum Assured||Policy Term (Tenure)|
|Shriram Life New Shri Vidya||Rs.1 lakh||10 years / 15 years / 20 years / 25 years|
|Shriram Life New Shri Vivah||Rs.1 lakh||10 years / 15 years / 20 years|
Term life insurance plans are among the most basic types of insurance plans that can be bought for a fixed period of time to ensure that your dependents are financially secure to meet their daily as well as long-term requirements and lead a comfortable life in case of the unfortunate and untimely demise of the policyholder. The sum assured is paid out to the family of the policyholder in case of his / her demise. Following are the term insurance plans offered by Shriram Life Insurance Company Limited:
- Cash Back Term: This is a term insurance that offers, as its maturity benefits, a return of the premiums paid towards insurance cover. In addition to the TROP it also offers various riders that can be used to enhance the protection provided under this plan.
- Group Term Life Insurance: This is a group term insurance plan that can be renewed every year. It provides the benefits of a term insurance plan to an entire group of people with minimum group sizes ranging from 20 to 50 members.
- Group Term Life Insurance in lieu of EDLI: This is a term life insurance scheme that can be used to replace the mandatory EDLI scheme. Under this scheme the members of the group receive life insurance cover of upto Rs. 5 lakhs. They can even enhance this cover by adding the accident rider to the policy.
- Family Protection Plan: The Family Protection Plan from Shriram Life Insurance is a non-participating, non-linked insurance policy that allows you to protect the financial security of your family in case of your accidental death.
- Secure Plus Plan: The Secure Plus Plan from Shriram Life ensures that the financial security of your loved ones is protected to meet any uncertainties in case of your unfortunate and untimely death.
|Plan||Basic Sum Assured||Policy Term (Tenure)|
|Shriram Life Cash Back Term||Rs.2lac||10 years / 15 years / 20 years / 25 years|
|Shriram Life Group Term Life Insurance||Rs.5,000 per member (minimum group size is 20 for employer-employee groups and 50 for other groups)||One year (renewable yearly)|
|Shriram Life Group Term Life Insurance in lieu of EDLI||Rs.3.62 lakhs||One year (renewable yearly)|
|Shriram Life Family Protection Plan||Rs.15 lakhs||10 years to 25 years|
|Shriram Life Secure Plus Plan||Rs.5 lakhs||10 years / 15 years / 20 years|
Shriram Life Insurance Savings Plans:
Shriram Life Insurance Company Limited has made available a number of savings plans to its customers. These plans are ideal for individuals who would like to save money for future use such as education of children, marriage expenses, potential health concerns, etc. Following are the savings plans you can purchase from Shriram Life Insurance:
- New Shri Life: This is a life insurance plan that offers attractive rebates on the sum assured, choices between limited and regular premium payments, tax benefits and reversionary bonuses.
- New Shri Vidya: This plan offers death benefits like payment of the sum assured along with provisions for a monthly income. The plan also offers the policyholder maturity and survival benefits like reversionary and terminal bonuses.
- New Shri Vivah: This is an insurance plan that has no limit on the sum assured under this scheme. It offers the policyholder various death and maturity benefits and can be enhanced by using various riders compatible with this scheme.
- New Shri Raksha: This is a life insurance policy that can even pay out twice the sum assured as death benefit (conditions apply). It also offers various riders that can be used to enhance the cover provided by this policy.
- New Akshay Nidhi: The New Akshay Nidhi plan not only offers death benefits but also maturity that could be the various bonuses accrued on the policy. In addition to this it also provides enhanced cover through various riders that can be selected to work with this policy.
- Secure Investment: This is an insurance policy that requires only one investment which goes to offering you life insurance cover along with guaranteed maturity benefits.
- Assured Income: The Assured Income plan from Shriram Life enables customers to meet their multiple financial requirements, such as children’s education, elderly parent’s care, retirement, etc. This guaranteed income plan helps in meeting cash flow requirements to enhance the quality of life for the customer and his / her family.
- Assured Income Plus: The Assured Income Plus plan from Shriram Life is a non-participating, non-linked endowment assurance plan that allows individuals to pay premiums for a period of five years, after which they will receive benefits in five equal yearly instalments after the policy has matured.
|Plan||Basic Sum Assured||Policy Term (Tenure)|
|Shriram Life New Shri Life||Rs.50,000||10 years / 15 years / 20 years / 25 years|
|Shriram Life New Shri Vidya||Rs.1 lakh||10 years / 15 years / 20 years / 25 years|
|Shriram Life New Shri Vivah||Rs.1 lakh||10 years / 15 years / 20 years|
|Shriram Life New Shri Raksha||Rs.1.5 lakh||10 years / 15 years / 20 years / 25 years|
|Shriram Life New Akshay Nidhi||Rs.1.5 lakhs||15 years / 20 years / 25 years|
|Shriram Life Secure Investment||Rs.49,600 for five-year policy term, and Rs.77,000 for 10-year policy term||5 years / 10 years|
|Shriram Life Ujjwal Life||10 x Annualised Premium for individuals under 45 years of age, and 7 x Annualised Premium for individuals who are 45 years and above||10 years|
|Shriram Life Ujjwal Life (SP)||125% of Single Premium for individuals under 45 years of age, and 110% of Single Premium for individuals who are 45 years and above||10 years|
|Shriram Life Fortune Builder||125% of Single Premium for individuals under 45 years of age, and 110% of Single Premium for individuals who are 45 years and above||10 years / 15 years / 20 years|
|Shriram Life Wealth Plus||n/a||10 years / 15 to 25 years|
|Shriram Life Assured Income||8 x Annualised Premium if the policy term is 8 years, and 10 x Annualised Premium if the policy term is 10 years||8 years / 10 years|
|Shriram Life Assured Income Plus||Rs.1.5 lacs for individuals under 50 years of age, and Rs.3 lacs for individuals who are 51 years or above||10 years|
Shriram Life Unit Linked Insurance Plans:
Shriram Life Insurance offers unit linked insurance plans to its customers wherein a percentage of the money paid by the policyholder will be utilised to offer the insurance cover while the remaining amount will be invested in a set of instruments selected by the customer. Unit linked insurance plans are ideal for attaining life insurance coverage while also allowing your money to grow at the same time. Following are the unit linked insurance plans offered by Shriram Life:
- Ujjwal Life: This is a unit linked plan that offers the opportunity to pay in regular premiums and offers maturity benefits that can amount to the value of the funds at the time of maturity.
- Ujjwal Life (sp): This is a single premium ULIP that offers the dual benefits of insurance coverage and returns on premiums. The insurance company invests a part of the premiums paid under this plan in various market instruments with a view to earn returns on them. It offers great benefits like payment of the sum assured along with the value of the funds.
- Fortune Builder: This is a single premium ULIP that is targeted at people who have irregular incomes. It also allows the insured to invest across various assets and make partial withdrawals that can be helpful when there is a need for instant funds.
- Wealth Plus: This is a unit linked insurance plan that offers the policyholder the chance to watch their wealth grow and get insurance cover at the same time. It also offers the chance to reduce risks by allowing you to switch between funds and make partial withdrawals when the need for liquidity arises.
- Growth Plus: The Growth Plus from Shriram Life provides for both savings as well as life cover via market linked returns. Customers who opt for this plan will find that there are several choices with regards to flexibility of investment, fund classes and premium payment.
|Plan||Basic Sum Assured||Policy Term (Tenure)|
|Shriram Life Ujjwal Life||10 x Annualised Premium for individuals entering under 45 years of age, and 7 x Annualised Premium in case the individual is 45 years or more at the time of entry.||10 years (fixed)|
|Shriram Life Ujjwal Life (sp)||125% of Single Premium in case the individual is under 45 years at the time of entry, and 110% of Single Premium in case the individual is 45 years or more.||10 years (fixed)|
|Shriram Life Fortune Builder||1.25 x Single Premium for individuals under 45 years at the time of entry, and 1.10 x Single Premium for individuals who are 45 years or older.||10 years / 15 years / 20 years (fixed)|
|Shriram Life Wealth Plus||n/a||10 years / 15 to 20 years|
|Shriram Life Growth Plus||In case of Single Premium Policies: 1.25 x Single Premium in case the entry age is under 45 years, and 1.10 x Single Premium in case the entry age is 45 years or more. In case of Limited and Regular Premium Policies: 10 x Annualised Premium in case the entry age is under 45 years, and 7 x Annualised Premium in case the entry age is 45 years or more. Single: Rs.55,000 Limited: Rs.4,20,000 Regular: Rs.2,10,000||10 years, 15 to 20 years|
Shriram Life Pension Plans:
Shriram Life Insurance Company Limited has made available three pension plans for individuals who would like to lead a comfortable life post their retirement. In order to enjoy your golden years without depending on someone else for your daily requirements as well as medical expenses, if any, it is essential to invest in a pension plan. Following are the three options you can choose from:
- Pension Plus: The Pension Plus policy from Shriram Life Insurance Company Limited enables customers to meet their retirement objectives by creating a large corpus on vesting for investment as it helps customers in availing a steady regular income for life.
- Immediate Annuity: The Immediate Annuity policy from Shriram Life is a traditional participating life insurance scheme that offers a series of regular payments until the death of the policyholder, and the purchase price is returned to the nominees in case of the untimely and unfortunate demise of the nominee.
- Immediate Annuity Plus: The Immediate Annuity Plus plan from Shriram Life is a non-participating and non-linked single premium plan that offers an income stream to the policyholder after his / her retirement until his / her untimely and unfortunate death.
|Plan||Entry Age||Policy Term (Tenure)|
|Shriram Life Pension Plus||Minimum: 20 years last birthday; Maximum: 65 years last birthday||10 years, 15 years to 35 years|
|Shriram Life Immediate Annuity||Minimum: 40 years last birthday; Maximum: 75 years last birthday||n/a|
|Shriram Life Immediate Annuity Plus||Minimum: 0 years; Maximum: 75 years last birthday||Whole Age|
Shriram Group Life Insurance Plans:
Shriram Life offers group insurance plans to employer-employee groups to ensure that the health and financial securities of employees are protected. Following are the various group life insurance plans made available by Shriram Life:
- Shri Sahay (AP): This is a group insurance plan that has been designed to bring the benefits of an insurance policy to the weaker sections of society like workers and labourers. This plan also offers the options for riders that can enhance the insurance cover provided.
- Shri Sahay (SP): This is a micro insurance plan that is meant to provide life cover for the weaker segments of the society. It even offers accident riders that can help expand the coverage of this policy.
- Group Term Life Insurance: This is a term life insurance that is meant for groups. It offers the members of the group a choice between death benefits paid in a lump sum or paid as a monthly income.
- Group Life Protector (SP): This is a group insurance plan that offers the members a choice of level cover or monthly reducing cover or even an annually reducing insurance cover.
- New Group Gratuity: The New Group Plan is a unit linked plan that offers the choice to redirect premiums, choose funds to invest in and in the case of employers, a chance to prepare for gratuity liabilities.
- Group Term Life Insurance in lieu of EDLI: This is a group insurance plan that can be used in place of the mandatory EDLI scheme. It offers life insurance coverage for the group along with other benefits that can be defined by the master policyholder.
- Jana Sahay: The Jana Sahay life insurance plan from Shriram Life is a non-participating and non-linked group term insurance plan that can be renewed annually. This plan offers financial coverage to the families of individuals of affinity groups or unorganised groups in case of the death of the individual.
- Group Traditional Employee Benefit Plan: The Group Traditional Employee Benefit Plan from Shriram Life is a non-participating and non-linked group variable insurance plans that offers financial security to the individuals who are part of employer-employee groups.
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana: The Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana plan from Shriram Life is a non-participating and non-linked group term insurance policy that comes with a one year renewability option and offers life insurance cover for individuals who possess a savings bank account with any bank or financial institution.
|Plan||Basic Sum Assured (per member)||Policy Term (Tenure)|
|Shriram Life Shri Sahay (AP)||Rs.5,000||5 years to 15 years|
|Shriram Life Shri Sahay (SP)||Rs.5,000||5 years|
|Shriram Life Group Term Life Insurance||Rs.5,000||1 year (renewable yearly)|
|Shriram Life Group Life Protector (SP)||Rs.5,000||2 years to 30 years|
|Shriram Life New Group Gratuity||Rs.1,000||1 year (renewable yearly)|
|Shriram Life Group Term Life Insurance in lieu of EDLI||Rs.3,62,000 for whole group||1 year (renewable yearly)|
|Shriram Life Jana Sahay||Rs.5,000||1 year (renewable yearly)|
|Shriram Life Group Traditional Employee Benefit Plan||Rs.1,000||1 year (renewable yearly)|
|Shriram Life Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana||Rs.2,00,000||1 year (renewable yearly)|
How to Claim Insurance with Shriram Life Insurance Company Limited:
Following is a step by step procedure to go about the claims process with Shriram Life Insurance Company Limited:
- Intimation of Claim
- Filling Forms
- Receiving Claims
In case of the death of the insured individual, the nominees or beneficiaries will have to make an intimation of the claim to the insurance company by visiting the closest branch or approaching an agent authorised by Shriram Life.
Once you have intimated the company regarding the claim, you will have to download the Claim Form from the company’s website and fill in all the details as required before submitting the same to the company along with any documents requested. The documents requested may include the original Shriram Life Insurance policy document, an identity proof of the nominee, the original death certificate of the insured individual, and other documents that may requested based on the nature of claim and the cause of death.
Once you have submitted all the relevant documents, the company will validate your documents and settle the claims within a few days.
Go through the policy bond to ensure that you have a relatively easy and hassle-free claims experience.
Shriram Life Insurance Claim Settlement Ratio:
|Total Premium in Crores (2014-15)||Total Premium in Crores (2013-14)||Claim Settlement Ratio (2014-15)||Claim Settlement Ratio (2013-14)|
Documents Required for Purchasing Shriram Life Insurance:
Following are the documents you will have to submit to Shriram Life Insurance Company Limited if you wish to purchase a life insurance policy:
- ID Proof
- Age Proof
- Income Proof
- Address Proof
- PAN Number
How to Check Shriram Life Insurance Policy Status?
The status of a Shriram Life insurance policy can be checked online by visiting www.shriramlife.com and clicking on the ‘Customer Service Option’ at the top of the company’s home page. You will be redirected to a new page where you will have two options, viz. Support Enquiry and Sales Enquiry. Click on Support Enquiry and fill in the required details in the window that appears. The details include personal information like name, email address, mobile number, policy number, etc.
Once you have submitted the Enquiry Form, details such as the policy status, premium due date, premium dues, last premium received, etc. will appear on screen. You can find the Enquiry Form at http://www.shriramlife.com/existing-customers-contact-us.
The status of a Shriram Life insurance policy can also be checked via SMS, call and email. To check the status of a policy via SMS, type STAT
To check the status of a Shriram life insurance policy via call, the toll free number you will have to dial is 1800-3000-6116.
To check the status of a Shriram Life insurance policy via email, contact email@example.com.
Shriram Life Insurance Online Payment:
Individuals who prefer to make their premium payments online rather than visiting a branch of the company can do so by visiting the company’s official website. All you have to do is visit http://shriramlife.com/login.jsp and enter your client ID or policy number along with your date of birth and hit Submit after which you will be redirected to a page where you will have to verify your policy details before selecting the payment mode from Credit Card / Net Banking options. If you are using the net banking option, you will have to login with your net banking user ID and password to access your bank account and make payments. If you are using a credit card to make payments, you will have to enter such details as the name on the card, the 16-digit card number, the three-digit CVV and the expiry date after which you will receive the e-receipt that serves as the premium deposit acknowledgment.
Shriram Life Insurance Premium Calculator:
To access the Shriram Life premium calculator, visit http://www.shriramlife.in/slp/PremiumCalculator.aspx and select the plan for which you wish to compute premiums. Once you select the plan, you will be redirected to the next page where you will be requested to enter other details such as your date of birth, your age, the policy term, the sum assured, and other optional riders and hit calculate to know how much premium is applicable to a particular policy.
Shriram Life Insurance Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the grievance redressal process with Shriram Life Insurance?
A. In order to raise a complaint or grievance, one must contact the company via the phone, email or by visiting their office.
What if the Shriram officials are not able to satisfactorily resolve my grievance?
A. In case there is no one at Shriram Finance who seems to be able to provide you with a satisfactory resolution to your problem within 15 days, you can contact the Insurance Ombudsman.
What is the grace period in which I can make my premium payments after the due date?
A. There is a grace period of 30 available for quarterly, half-yearly, and yearly payment options in which premium payments must be made in full. The grace period is 15 days in the case of monthly payment option.
What if I fail to pay my premiums even after the grace period?
A. In case you don’t pay your outstanding premium even after the due date, the policy will lapse and benefits will cease.
Can a lapsed policy be revived?
A. Yes, in most cases with Shriram Life Insurance policies, the plan can be revived subject to the payment of all outstanding premiums with interest and penalties (if any). Revival is at the discretion of Shriram Life Insurance Co. Revival must be made within 5 years of the first unpaid premium.
To whom is my death claim amount paid through a Shriram Life Insurance Policy?
A. The death claim is payable to:
The nominee that you’ve named in your policy.
Your legal heir, in case no nominee has been named.
In case the nominee is a minor, the death claim is paid to the appointee.
If there is a registered assignment, the assignee will get the death claim.
Under a HUF clause, the Karta will be eligible for the death claim.
Under the MWP Act, the Trustee will be eligible for the death claim.
Where can I find the claim forms that need to be filled in for a benefit pay-out from Shriram Life Insurance Co.?
A. The forms for all the claims will be available with Shriram Life Insurance.
How do I switch between funds?
A. To be able to switch between funds, you will have to fill up the appropriate forms that can be gotten from Shriram Life Insurance.
What is the policy renewal process with Shriram Life Insurance Co.?
A. To renew the policy you can get in touch with the company via that phone. You can even renew the policy online too.
What is the process to cancel the policy?
A. In order to cancel an in-force policy, you will have to visit your nearest Shriram Life Insurance Co. Branch with your identification documents and your policy documents. Approach an executive and surrender the policy, it will take a few working days for the refund of the premiums or any other dues to get credited back into your account.
How do I cancel my Shriram Life insurance policy?
A. To cancel your Shriram Life insurance policy, all you have to do is visit the nearest branch of the company along with your original policy bond and surrender it to the officials, and the company will refund your money after deducting certain fees within a few days.
How do I renew my Shriram Life insurance policy?
A. For renewal of life insurance policies, you will have to contact the company’s customer care and complete the entire process online.
Can I revive a lapsed life insurance policy?
A. Yes, most life insurance policies offered by Shriram Life can be revived once they lapse. The policyholder will have to pay all the outstanding premiums along with penalties (if any) and interest. However, the final decision regarding the revival of a life insurance policy is at the discretion of Shriram Life Insurance Company Limited. Also, any lapsed policies must be revived within the first five years of the first unpaid premium.
News About Shriram Life Insurance
New Assured Income Plus plan from Shriram Life Insurance
Shriram Life Insurance has launched Assured Income Plus, an endowment assurance plan under which insurers have to pay premiums only for five years.
They will receive the benefits of the policy in five equal instalments after maturity. If the insurer dies before the end of the policy term but after paying up all premiums, the nominee(s) will receive the assured amount in lump sum.
If the insurer dies before instalments are given out but after completing the policy term, the amount will be paid in five instalments to the nominee(s). This non-linked, non-participating policy offers a life cover of at least 10 times the annualised premium for persons up to the age of 50, and minimum 7 times the annualised premium for persons aged 51 and above. The product intends to help customers achieve long-term goals with short-term investments.
19th January 2016
Shriram Life Secure Plus – a new life insurance product by Shriram Life
Shriram Life Insurance Company, one of the leading private life insurance providers in India, recently launched Shriram Life Secure Plus – a non-linked, non-participating term life insurance plan. The new life plan is available at affordable rates and policyholders can buy it by paying lower premiums.
The Shriram Life Secure Plus plan is designed to cater to the needs of those people who look for life insurance coverage at affordable rate. The plan offers comprehensive insurance coverage and returns the premiums at maturity. The Shriram Life Secure Plus also offers maturity benefits, provided the plan is continued till maturity which is equal to the total premiums paid.
Policyholders can also get tax benefits on the premiums paid and rebate on higher sum assured. The Shriram Life Secure Plus pays a lump sum amount as death benefit, in case the life assured dies within the policy tenure. The minimum entry age of a policyholder needs to be 18 years and maximum 50 years for availing this policy. The policy terms are 10, 15 and 20 years. Policyholders can choose to pay their premiums on yearly, half-yearly and quarterly basis. The policy accepts a minimum sum assured of Rs.5, 00,000 and a maximum of Rs.20, 00,000. Celebrating the company’s 10th year of operations in India, Shriram Life Insurance Company has offered a onetime bonus of Rs. 10 on per Rs.1000 sum assured for all its participating products.
8th September 2015
Banks to be a new channel for Shriram Life’s products
In a bid to increase its growth through reach and customer base, the decade old private insurer Shriram Life is planning to put its banks’ tie-up to use.
With a one-side discussion already being over, the insurance company is waiting for a reply from the banks on the possible advancement of plans. Though a few banks have shown interest in the proposal, Shriram Life is waiting for the green due from a regulation that will allow banks to sell policies of different companies. With a few new products already in the pipeline, the insurer is confident that a forthcoming pension plan from them will add much value to banking customers.
24th August 2015
Shriram Life Insurance Announced Promising Results for Q1, 2015
Shriram Life Insurance, a subsidiary of Shriram Group made an announcement on their Q1 results that ended on June 30,2015 on Thursday. It is vital to note the company is the only private insurance company to have been able to make profits in the first year of its operations and three consecutive years of operations at a stretch.
The company experienced grown lead by retail distribution network that is said to be strong. The growth was at 129% for 55,000 policies calculated up to the end of the quarter as compared to 24,000 sold in the prior year, during the same period. The Q1 results have brought Shriram Life among the top 6 Private Life Insurers in the India.
CEO and Whole Time director of SLIC, Manoj Jain commented, “This exponential increment in Policy count is attributable to expansion made in last couple of years; where we added more than 200 branches in Tier III and Tier IV cities of the country. These expansion efforts are in line with Shriram group philosophy of Inclusive growth. SLIC shall continue taking life insurance to the section where it is needed the most the AAM AADMI.”
He also mentioned that the profit after tax (PAT) statistics for the company which rose by 42% y-o-y at Rs.17 crores at the end of the Q1 compared to Rs.12 Crores for the same quarter the prior year is healthy.
Some of the other key statistics of the life insurance company from the Q1 results include:
- Profit before tax rose by 54% to Rs. 20 crores, against Rs. 14 Crores in the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
- Accumulated Profit was at Rs. 312 Crores, against Rs. 245 Crores in the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
- New Business Premium increased by 52% to Rs. 115 Crores as against Rs. 76 Crores in the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
- Individual business revenue grew by 38%, while the overall industry experienced a fall by 8% in individual business revenue.
SLIC also won the MMA award for Management Excellence in Services Sector, last year and the Indian Insurance Award for Best Insurance Company for Non-Urban Coverage – Life Insurance.
14th August 2015
Shriram Life Insurance bags MMA Award for Managerial Excellence
In another major accolade for the Shriram Life Insurance Company, the firm got honored with the MMA Award for Managerial Excellence, 2015. MMA recognized Shriram Life Insurance in multiple areas which include customer centric product delivery, financial inclusion and business growth.
Shriram Insurance Company is focused at selling life insurance products to customers in India. The company has been the most consistent life insurance performer in recent years. It has the unique distinction of operating profitably in 9 out of its 10 years of operation. The company is dedicated to spreading life insurance awareness and launching insurance products that cater to various sections of society.
9th July 2015
The award for the ‘Best insurance company for non-urban coverage- Life Insurance’ goes to Shriram Life Insurance!
Shriram Life Insurance belonging to the Shriram group won the award for the ‘Best insurance company for non-urban coverage- Life Insurance’ at the Indian Insurance awards. The Indian Insurance awards organized by Fintelekt aims to reward the achievements of life insurance companies in India. The award recognized Shriram Life Insurance’s effort to provide quality life insurance to those in rural and semi-urban areas.
The company also recently won an award by ABP News BFSI awards for the best life insurance company in the insurance sector.
2nd July 2015
Shriram Life to open 75 new offices
Shriram Life Insurance is expecting a 25% growth in new business and plans to add 75 new offices in the western and northern India. The Shriram Life Insurance CEO, Manoj Jain stated that they are confident of a 20-25 per cent growth in the current financial year. Shriram Life Insurance business premium increased to Rs.498 crore in the year 2015 by a 28 percent from the previous year.
The branches will extend in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Odisha, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Punjab and Gujarat. Manoj Jain also added that the company identified the western and northern markets as the most business potential regions and that they will continue to consolidate in the southern market.
Shriram Life Insurance was incorporated in the year 2005. It is based in Hyderabad and has over 460 branches and 190 of these branches are in South India. But, about 40% of the company’s business comes from North India through the incredibly good branch network.
The company is also partnering with gold loan and micro-finance firms to reach out to the population in the rural India. Out of the 1.9 lakh policies that were sold by the company in 2014; 85,000 to 90,000 policies were from the rural markets.
Manoj Jain also said that the company has made profit in 9 out of the 10 years. And that it is the only private life insurer who has made profit in the first three consecutive years and the only private insurer to achieve the distinction.
Manoj also added that the company has been able to perform so well because of the efficient use of capital and their low cost of operation.
30th June 2015
Shriram Life Insurance Company’s earnings go up in the last financial year.
Shriram Life Insurance Company recently announced its annual results for the financial year 2015. The life insurance company has a pre-net plus of 103 crore during the financial year ending March 31, 2015. The firm announced its profit of Rs. 80 crore in March 2015 post paying tax. The company's operational efficiency has been the major factor behind this growth of profit.
Shriram Life Insurance Company is by now one of the top nine insurance companies in India. The company has been successful in reaching to the lower and lower middle segment of the country and in exceeding the minimum social and rural regulatory norms. The company had a great year in terms of policy count in the last financial year. It could sell 1 .91 lakh policies in the past financial year which is a growth of 38% over the previous year.
The company is committed to ensure prosperity to its stakeholder as well. Recently, it announced a maiden dividend of 9% for its stakeholders. Celebrating the completion of its 10 years of operations in India, the company has declared a special onetime bonus for all the participating policies which are effective at 31st March 2015. Going forward, the company has plan to expand its operations to states like UP, Odisha, Bihar, MP, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Punjab.
22nd June 2015
Shriram Life Insurance Co. Enhances Product Portfolio with 3 New Offerings
Shriram Life Insurance Co. (SLIC), which recorded growth of 26% for the fiscal year 2014-2015 (as of January 2015), launched three new life insurance plans aimed at providing policyholders the dual benefits of protection and returns.
These new products are expected to boost business in the run-up to the financial year-end, which is a time marked by taxpayers investing in tax-saving options. The three new plans comprise a guaranteed wealth protection plan, employee plan and a life protection plan.
SLIC is a joint venture between the Indian-based Shriram Capital Ltd. and the South African financial services major Sanlam. The two partners have initiated talks to increase Sanlam’s stake in order to enhance capital funds to fuel expansion.
Although more than adequately solvent, the life insurance major plans to divert funds raised from Sanlam’s stake enhancement towards business expansion which will include opening new branches and launching new plans.
16th March 2015
Good news for pensioners in the Budget 2015
Finance minister Arun Jaitley delivered good news for pensioners in the budget 2015 with the introduction of a new pension scheme and other tax incentives. The government’s National Pension Scheme will get a boost from this plan. Insurance and mutual fund players aren’t very happy with the special attention given to the NPS. The deduction limit in the pension product has been increased to Rs. 1.5 lac from Rs. 1 lac. A new pension scheme, the Atal Pension Yojana has been launched wherein a defined pension will be provided based on the person’s contribution. The finance minister has come up with the idea of setting up a Senior Citizen Welfare Fund aimed at securing the pensioner’s finances.
9th March 2015
This Insurance Company has not partnered with BankBazaar.com. For more details, please visit its website/branch office. The trademarks, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective owners.
GST of 18% is applicable on life insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017