Owning a house is a matter of pride for every hardworking individual. Not only is it a lifetime investment but also one which brings with it a sense of immense security. We want nothing but the best for the house we have built with our hard earned money, so it goes without saying, we would want the best protection to safeguard our home from all kinds of perils which are out there. Any damage to your home can not only set you back financially, but can also rob you of precious memories. Considering the potential dangers which your house may be exposed to, you can ensure your peace of mind by taking a home insurance policy.
Royal Sundaram, one of the leading general insurance providers in the country, offers two comprehensive home insurance policies which have been designed not only to shield your house but also protect the contents of your house in case the unforeseen does take place.
Types of Royal Sundaram Home Insurance Policies
Royal Sundaram offers two well-designed home insurance policies which help protect not only the structure of your house but also the contents within. Read on to find out more about why this may be the right policy for your home!
- Home Shield Insurance
Features & Benefits
- This is an extremely affordable policy which provides comprehensive cover to structure being used for residential purposes.
- The policy covers the cost of reconstruction, fees charged by architects, surveyor, consulting engineer etc. and also the cost of debris removal.
- No documentation is required to avail this policy which you can get in under 5 minutes.
- Enjoy long term coverage for a duration of up to 20 years.
- Save up to 50% on your premium by choosing a tenure of 10 years and above.
- Your policy cover commences as soon as premium is received.
- With InstaRenew, you can renew your policy anytime and anywhere!
- In case of any queries, you can always get in touch with a policy representative via phone or online.
What Is Covered
This policy provides covers for :
- Reconstruction cost, subject to the maximum amount of the sum insured.
- Professional’s fees like architects, surveyors, consulting engineers and such other persons.
- Cost of debris removal.
Provides cover against:
- Natural causes like fire, earthquake, lightning, storm, bush fire, cyclone, hurricane, tempest, flood, tornado, typhoon, inundation loss, etc.
- Man-made causes like explosion, implosion, aircraft damage, missile testing operations, leakage from automatic sprinkler installations, bursting or overflowing of water tanks, pipes and related apparatus.
- Landslide or rockslide.
- Malicious acts like riots, strike & intentional damage.
- Damage caused to the structure due to impact by road / rail vehicle or animals.
- Structure and compound wall of kutcha construction.
- Damage / loss caused due to invasion or war.
- Damage / loss resulting from radioactive explosives or contamination.
- Loss or damage due to any acts of terrorism.
- Loss/damage caused due to contamination/pollution.
- Damage or destruction caused due to routine wear and tear of the structure.
- Impact damage caused by the insured.
Features and Benefits
- This policy covers the contents of your house, from household articles like furnishings, clothing, etc. to home appliances like television sets, washing machines, etc.
- Also provides cover for jewelry, for up to an amount of Rs 1.5 lakh, worn by family members.
- Provides cover for home appliances for n amount of Rs 3 lakh.
- Provides cover against perils like fire accidents, electrical or mechanical breakdown, burglary, theft, flood inundation, etc.
- This policy does not require any documentation and can be issued in under 5 minutes.
- You can renew your policy anytime and anywhere with the InstaRenew facility available with this policy.
- Enjoy long term coverage for a duration of up to 20 years.
- Avail a discount of 50% on the premium amount when you opt for policy term of 10 year or above.
- Policy cover commences as soon as premium is received.
- In case of any queries regarding your policy, you can instantly get in touch with a policy representative via phone or online.
What is Covered
This policy provides cover for:
- Jewellry worn by the family members residing in the house with you.
- Household contents like fixtures, fittings, furnishings, carpeting, furniture, crockery, clothing, etc.
- Household electronics / appliances like personal computers, television sets, microwaves, washing machines, refrigerators, air conditioners, etc.
This policy provides cover against:
- Loss resulting from natural causes like earthquake, flood inundation, storm, cyclone, rockslide, landslide, etc.
- Fire accidents, mechanical/electrical breakdown, explosion, implosion, etc.
- Theft, burglary, riot, strike, damage caused with malicious intent, or chain snatching (for jewelry).
Following are not covered under the Home Content Policy:
- Loss due to radioactive contamination / explosion.
- Loss / damage caused due to war or terrorism.
- Loss/damage caused due to contamination / pollution.
- Forest fire
- Routine wear and tear of appliances with time.
- Damage or loss caused due to the repair or dismantling of the insured apparatus.
Royal Sundaram Home Insurance Policy Claims Process
When the unfortunate strikes, it is often a stressful situation. There are losses, personal and financial, to be dealt with. This is also the time when a smooth insurance claims process can provide some much needed relief. Royal Sundaram proudly presents an ISO certified Claims Process which makes the process of filing for a claim so much easier and hassle free. If you wish to file for a claim on your Home Insurance policy, you can do so in a few simple steps which are as follows:
- You must place a request for a claim form via phone or email. You can also procure the claim form by downloading it from the Royal Sundaram website.
- You may also notify your claim online, following which the claim team shall contact you to explain the procedure to you.
- While placing the request for a claim form, do remember to mention your Policy Number for the company’s reference.
- The claim form shall be mailed to you within 2 working days.
Once you have received the claim form, kindly fill in the form completely and send it back to the company, along with the required documents.
Royal Sundaram Home Insurance FAQs
- Is the cost of land a part of the coverage provided by the Home Shield Policy?
- Are there any conditions applicable on the reimbursement of professional fee or cost of debris removal under the Home shield policy?
- What is referred to as a kutcha construction?
- My house has suffered partial damage. Can I still file for a claim?
- Are compound/boundary walls covered under the Home Shield policy?
- Is it possible to increase the sum insured of the amount of the policy?
- Does the Home Content policy cover loss of jewellry occurring while abroad?
- Do I need to estimate the value of the contents of my house?
- In case I wish to make a claim on my Home Content policy, what are the documents I will need to provide?
No, the cost of land is not covered under the damages which are covered by the Royal Sundaram Home Shield policy.
Yes, under the Home shield policy, reimbursement of Professional’s fees is subject to a maximum of 3% of the total claim amount. Reimbursement of debris removal is subject to a maximum of 1% of the claim amount.
Any building where the walls / roof are made from canvas / cloth / tarpaulin / asphalt / plastic cloth / bamboo or hay / grass and or thatched leaves / planks of wood, is referred to as a kutcha construction, which is not covered under the Home Shield Policy.
Yes, you may make a claim even for partial damages.
As long as the compound/boundary wall is not a kutcha structure, it is covered under the policy.
Yes, you may increase the amount of sum insured by paying an increased premium for the remaining duration of the policy.
No, the policy only covers loss of jewellry within India.
There is no requirement for assessing the value of the contents of your house. All you need to do is choose a plan which you think might be sufficient to cover the value of the said contents.
Following are the documents you need to provide (subject to nature of the claim):
- Properly filled Claim Form
- First Information Report (FIR) for the loss of jewellry, theft, burglary and larceny.
- An estimate of the repairs / replacement.
- Meteorological Report, in case loss / damage / destruction has resulted from a cyclone, flood or storm.
- Fire Brigade Report, in case of damage / loss / destruction caused by fire.
- Non-traceable Certificate, in case of theft or a burglary.
- Any other documents required, depending on the nature of the claim.
Yes, following are the ranges of compensation to be provided under the Home Content policy:
- Household items like carpets, curtains, furniture, fittings, crockery etc. - Rs 1.5 lakh to Rs 5 lakh; Upper limit per item ranges between Rs 10,000 – Rs 20,000.
- Household appliances like microwaves, washing machines, refrigerators, mixer/grinder etc. – Rs 1.5 lakh to Rs 3 lakh; upper limit per item ranges from Rs 15,000 to Rs 40,000.
- Electronics like television sets, air conditioners, personal computers – Rs 50,000 to Rs 2 lakhs; upper limit per item ranges between Rs 20,000 to Rs 40,000.
- Jewellry worm by family members – Rs 50,000 to Rs 1.5 lakh; upper limit for each item ranges from Rs 7,500 to Rs 20,000.
Yes, even if you live in a rented residence, you can avail this policy to protect the contents of your home.
In case a claim is made and also accepted by the insurance company, there shall be no change in the premium but in the amount of sum insured, which shall be automatically be reduced by the amount of compensation paid.
Related Home Insurance Articles
- Questions to Ask When Purchasing Home Insurance
- Types of Home Insurance in India
- What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover in a Fire
- What does Renters Insurance Cover?
- What is High Value Home Insurance?
- What is Landlord Insurance Policy?
- Why Do You Need Homeowner Insurance This Festive Season?
- Why Should You Buy Home Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Standard Fire & Special Perils Policy
- How do You Calculate Home Insurance Costs?
- How Much Does It Cost To Insure a House
- How to Buy Home Insurance Online
- How to Claim Home Insurance?
- How to Claim Home Insurance for Water Damage?
- How to Compare Home Insurance Companies
- How to get the Best Rate on Home Insurance?
- How to choose Home Insurance Coverage
- Why Home Insurance Price Increase Every Year
- How to get Discounts on Home Insurance?
- Why is House Insurance so Important
- What is Home Insurance Premium?
- What Are the Most Important Features of a Home Insurance Policy?
- How Can You Save Money on Home Insurance
- How to Secure Your Home While Away on Vacation
- 5 Myths About Home Insurance
- Hazard Insurance Vs Home Insurance