Overview of Future Generali Home Insurance
A leader in global insurance and financial markets, Generali Group was established in Trieste, Italy, in 1831. Today the group has gained immense popularity for its impeccable services and innovative products not just in Western Europe, but also Eastern Europe and Asia. Generali group works with the aim of providing prudent investment management solutions and balancing profitability and financial risks. In India, Future Generali Insurance is a joint venture between the Future Group and Generali Group. Future Group boasts of being the defining organization in the sector of retail trade. Founded in September 2007 the company works towards catering to the need of Indians by providing them global level assistance in diverse insurance products. Future Generali provides a comprehensive solution to customers and organizations by offering product and services in retail, commercial, personal and rural insurance. Currently, the company has evolved as the most trusted total insurance solutions company.
From buying a house to building a home out, be it decorating it with tiny objects over the years or planning its architecture and interiors,
Every step involved in building and acquiring a home is an experience to cherish. A huge financial investment coupled with intense emotional involvement is an essential to attain the dream of building your home. Your house is your most important asset definitely deserves the best protection and care from various dangers, threats and unforeseen circumstances. It is really important to choose a comprehensive home insurance policy to fulfil this purpose. Future Generali provides an all-inclusive insurance plan to shield your house from dangers.
Features and Benefits
- The policy can be availed throughout India.
- Quick and prompt claim settlement
- The policy can be availed for the house owned by you
- In case you are a tenant, you can insure the contents available inside the house
- Coverage is provided for loss or damage to domestic and electronic appliances like laptops, cameras, etc.
- The policy provides coverage against tenant’s legal liability, domestic help compensation and public liability
- The policy provides coverage for crockeries, baggage, cycle, cash withdrawal using ATM card, fraud and misuse of credit card, cost incurred for veterinary treatment
- This single claim protects you and your family against and house every possible dangers
- Extremely affordable and attractive premium rates
- All valuable items including jewellery is covered under this policy
What is Covered Under this Policy
Future Generali Home Insurance has been innovatively designed to suit the varied needs of every customer. The policy covers your house, your family against the following dangers –
- Loss or damage to crockeries, baggage, cycle
- Fraudulent cash withdrawal using your ATM card, fraud and misuse of credit card resulting out of theft and breakage into your house
- Cost incurred for the treatment of your pets is covered
- Valuable items, including jewellery is covered under this policy
- The policy protects the insured against tenant’s legal liability, domestic help compensation and public liability
- For a rented house, the policy provides coverage for the contents inside the house
- Coverage is provided for loss or damage to portable equipment, domestic and electronic appliances like laptops, cameras, etc.
There are certain things which aren’t covered/included under Future Generali Home Insurance policy –
- Loss or damage of property due to wear and tear/depreciation
- Any loss and damage caused to goods of consumable and perishable nature
- Any kind of consequential loss or damage is not covered by this policy
- Loss or damage caused to any kind of communication devices, including mobile phones is not eligible to be covered under this policy
How to buy Future Generali Home Insurance?
You can buy Future Generali Home Insurance with maximum ease, minimum effort, and really quickly, by following the steps mentioned below –
- Get an online quote by generating your quote online. This would require you to select the covers you need under the policy, while you also get the freedom to opt for additional coverages. This is an essential and additional protection for your valuables.
- The company needs to be provided with the details of the house which you want to insure. Along with filling this up, you also have to fill in the correct details of contents you have chosen to be insured.
- After confirmation of the premium to be paid, you need to agree to the terms and conditions provided by the company. Once this is done, just select your preferred payment method and complete the payment.
- Future Generali provides you with the choice of downloading your policy schedule. You can keep a hard copy of the same for your own reference. A soft-copy of the policy is also sent to the insured via email.
Future Generali Insurance Claim Process
The claim settlement process is quick and hassle-free and simple provided the correct documentation is in place. As soon as the claim occurs, the insured has to initiate the claim by getting in touch with the company. Within 7 business working days of initiating the claim (along with the completed documentation process), Future Generali Insurance will send an assigned claims settlement team to examine the extent of damage to your property, and judge the authenticity of your claim. Then the final assessment report and necessary documents to the company after a thorough examination of the loss/damage incurred by the insured. The company will take the necessary steps thereafter to settle the claim. Future Generali also provides customers with an in-house team of professionals who can give specialized advice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- I wish to protect my home and the contents in it, what kind of insurance do I need to buy, ideal for suiting my needs?
- How is the insurable value of my house structure and contents calculated?
- Is there a need to pay additional premium to cover loss and damages caused by earthquake and terrorism?
- Is it compulsory for me to buy all the covers, while buying the home insurance policy?
- Do I have the freedom to choose coverage for items like jewelry, ornaments under the home insurance policy?
Future Generali’s fire insurance covers the entire structure of your house, and also any permanent fixtures and fittings (like kitchen units and bathrooms) inside the house. The cost of repairing or rebuilding your home if it's damaged by flood, fire or any of the other risks detailed in the policy, is also covered. Future Generali’s comprehensive home insurance policy protects your home and its contents against fire and allied perils.
The most authentic way to calculate the replacement or reinstatement cost of your home is to get a building contractor/ any other building professional to provide you with a detailed estimate of the cost. Please note, that only the property structure’s cost and its associated systems like fixtures, and finishes will be included in the estimate. The estimate is calculated exclusive of land value.
Yes, earthquake and terrorism are add on covers. You can be opt for it as an extension while buying the home insurance policy by paying an additional premium amount
No, it isn’t a compulsion. In fact, fire insurance for building and contents and burglary and housebreaking covers are compulsorily provided with the standard home insurance policy.
This can happen only based on the prior consent given by insurer. Unless there is a positive consent, the policy does not cover items like jewelry ornaments, art works, computer and documented information, scripts, shares, cash and stocks. These items can be covered only on specific request and is subject to valuation.
Related Home Insurance Articles
- Questions to Ask When Purchasing Home Insurance
- Types of Home Insurance in India
- What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover in a Fire
- What does Renters Insurance Cover?
- What is High Value Home Insurance?
- What is Landlord Insurance Policy?
- Why Do You Need Homeowner Insurance This Festive Season?
- Why Should You Buy Home Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Standard Fire & Special Perils Policy
- How do You Calculate Home Insurance Costs?
- How Much Does It Cost To Insure a House
- How to Buy Home Insurance Online
- How to Claim Home Insurance?
- How to Claim Home Insurance for Water Damage?
- How to Compare Home Insurance Companies
- How to get the Best Rate on Home Insurance?
- How to choose Home Insurance Coverage
- Why Home Insurance Price Increase Every Year
- How to get Discounts on Home Insurance?
- Why is House Insurance so Important
- What is Home Insurance Premium?
- What Are the Most Important Features of a Home Insurance Policy?
- How Can You Save Money on Home Insurance
- How to Secure Your Home While Away on Vacation
- 5 Myths About Home Insurance
- Hazard Insurance Vs Home Insurance