‘Home is where the heart is’ - that phrase holds true for almost all of us. After a long day, there is nothing more one wants than to return to their safe haven and welcoming comfort of loved ones. You ‘home’, no matter how modest or grand, is an invaluable investment in your eyes for it is the one place where you can be completely at ease and relax. Being something that we invest our hard earned money in, it is only natural that we would like to protect our house from all possible perils and unexpected dangers like theft, burglary, storms, earthquakes, fire, etc. You can provide all-round protection to your house with the help of a home insurance policy.
Ensure peace of mind with Cholamandalam, one of the leading general insurers in the country, which offers two comprehensive home insurance policies – Cholamandalam Home Insurance and Cholamandalam Home Protect.
The Cholamandalam Home Insurance policy provides cover not only for the structure of your house but also for the contents of your house from potential risks like theft, burglary, man-made / natural calamities, etc. which can result in loss or damage of durables like furniture, electronics, fittings, jewellry, etc. In addition to the above, this policy also provides Personal Accident Cover in case the insured sustains any bodily injury which may result in permanent total disablement or death. The other policy offered by Cholamandalam is the Home Protect features 3-fold protection. His policy secures not just your home and its contents but also your family members against unexpected and unforeseen events. As one of the most popular home insurance policies available in India, Cholamandalam provides you and your beloved house with nothing short of first-class protection.
Type of Cholamandalam Home Insurance Policies
Home InsuranceFeatures & Benefits
- This policy covers not only thee external structure of your house but also the contents (assets) present inside.
- It provides protection to valuable items like jewellry, electronic appliances and any other item which you wish to get covered.
- You can take this policy if you’re living in a self-owned accommodation or even a rented accommodation.
- Save time, money and a lot of hassle by easily applying for this policy online.
- The policy covers you against burglary, acts of terrorism, fire, etc.
- Fire, lightning, aircraft damage, explosion / implosion.
- Malicious/terrorist damages, strike, riot.
- Landslide or rockslide.
- Hurricane, storm, cyclone, typhoon, tempest, flood, tornado and inundation.
- Natural disasters like volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, etc.
- Bush fire.
- Missile testing operations.
- Leakage from automatic sprinkler installations.
- Damage due to impact by rail/road vehicle or an animal.
- Overflowing / bursting of water pipe, tank or apparatus.
This policy covers the contents of your house against any loss due to burglary/attempted burglary or house break-in. Jewellry stored in a safe will also be covered under this policy.
Some of the exclusions of this policy are as follows:
- Damage or loss resulting from war, foreign invasion, war-like operations or hostilities.
- Damage or loss occurring due to normal wear and tear / depreciation.
- Damage or loss caused directly or indirectly / contributed by / arising as a consequence of nuclear weaponry, ionizing radiations, contamination due to radioactivity from nuclear waste / combustion of nuclear fuel or by radioactive, hazardous, toxic or explosive properties of any nuclear assembly or component.
- Damage or loss caused due to contamination or pollution.
Features & Benefits
- This policy provides comprehensive cover to the structure of your house, the valuable contents of your house and also your family members from unforeseen events.
- Purchasing this policy is completely hassle-free. No extensive documentation or valuation of certificates is required.
- A smooth and hassle-free claims process to relieve you your time of stress.
What Is Covered
This policy covers the building structure & contents against lightning, fire, explosions, implosions, riots, strike, malicious acts / act of terrorism, missile testing operations, rockslide/landslide, shock, earthquake, cyclone, flood, typhoon, storm, tornado, tempest, hurricane, etc.
- Destruction or damage related to explosives, business related books, computer system records, documents, paper money/coins, cheques, stamps, securities, manuscripts, drawings, plans; curios, unset precious stones, bullion or works of art over the value of INR 10,000.
- Damage / loss to consumable items.
- Damage / loss to livestock, motorcycles or cycles.
- Cracks, partial fractures, flaws and defects which may develop over time but don’t pose an immediate danger.
- Routine wear and tear of any item with normal use or exposure.
- Damage caused due to gross negligence or intentional malicious act of the policyholder or their employee(s).
- Damage caused due to pre-existing faults before commencement of current policy and unknown to policyholder.
- Any glass like ornamental, curved, embossed, silvered, lettered, etc. which is other than plain ordinary glazed kind.
- Loss / damage during transport by any carrier working operating under the contract of affreightment.
- Any damage caused by the supplier / manufacturer of the property, under the Maintenance Act.
Under the Content Cover
- Domestic Electrical Appliances – TV’s, refrigerators, microwaves, washing machines, ACs, etc. covered under electrical breakdown.
- Additional rent for alternate accommodation
- Purchase Protection Cover – For new appliances purchased within the policy period for 30 days from the purchase date.
- Baggage – Loss of baggage during travel within India shall be compensated at market value of the lost items.
- Jewellery and valuables
- Crockery like plates and glass
Under Cover for People
- Family Floater Accident Hospitalization Cover – To cover medical expenses of any immediate family member (spouse and/or 2 children) who has suffered injuries which require hospitalization.
- Workmen’s Compensation – Legal liability arising from injury/illness caused to an employee within the premises of the insured building.
- Public Liability – To cover any legal liability arising from the event of injury/death/damage to any third person or their property within the insured building structure.
- Personal Accident Cover
Chola Ms Home Insurance FAQs
- Does the Cholamandalam Home Insurance policy cover the contents of the house along with the building structure?
- What added protection does the Home Insurance Policy provide?
- I live in a rented house. Am I eligible for a Cholamandalam Home Insurance policy?
- What is unique about the Cholamandalam Home Protect policy?
- What does the Personal Accident Add-on cover?
- What is meant by Purchase Protection Cover?
Yes, this policy also covers the contents of your house like electrical appliances, jewelry and other valuables.
In addition to protecting the structure and contents of your house, this insurance policy also provides personal accident cover and cover against holiday cancellation.
Yes, this policy can also be taken if you stay in a rented accommodation.
This policy provides unique 3-fold protection i.e. providing cover for your house, its valuable contents and also your family members residing with you in the house.
This add-on cover provides the insured with a fixed amount in the event of an immediate family member (spouse and/or children) having met with an unfortunate accident which has resulted in permanent disablement or fatality.
This Add-on cover can be taken with the Home Content policy and automatically covers domestic appliances which have been purchased within 30 days of the purchase of the policy. These appliances are covered against damage by earthquake, flood, fire, etc.
Other Products from Chola MS
Related Home Insurance Articles
- Questions to Ask When Purchasing Home Insurance
- Tata AIG Home Insurance Standard Fire and Special Perils Cover
- Tata AIG Home Secure Supreme
- Tata AIG Instachoice Home Insurance
- Types of Home Insurance in India
- What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover in a Fire
- What does Renters Insurance Cover?
- What is High Value Home Insurance?
- What is Landlord Insurance Policy?
- Why Do You Need Homeowner Insurance This Festive Season?
- Why Should You Buy Home Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Standard Fire & Special Perils Policy
- How do You Calculate Home Insurance Costs?
- How Much Does It Cost To Insure a House
- How to Buy Home Insurance Online
- How to Claim Home Insurance?
- How to Claim Home Insurance for Water Damage?
- How to Compare Home Insurance Companies
- How to get the Best Rate on Home Insurance?
- How to choose Home Insurance Coverage
- Why Home Insurance Price Increase Every Year
- How to get Discounts on Home Insurance?
- Why is House Insurance so Important
- What is Home Insurance Premium?
- What Are the Most Important Features of a Home Insurance Policy?
- How Can You Save Money on Home Insurance
- How to Secure Your Home While Away on Vacation
- 5 Myths About Home Insurance
- Hazard Insurance Vs Home Insurance