Home is a place where we spend most of our time. It not only provides us shelter, but also brings our loved ones under one roof. For most of us, investing in a home is once in a lifetime affair. We work hard, save every penny to realize our housing dreams. In this age of increased risks such as exposure to perils, fire and burglary, it's important to secure the home and its belongings by means of a home insurance.
Home Insurance provides cost effective coverage for the building/structure and assets such as furniture, electronics etc. that are part of a standard household. It functions akin to any other insurance product with easy to understand features and terms.
Bharati Axa General Insurance Company Limited, a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises and AXA Group extends home insurance solutions in the form of two different plans. The policy also covers the insured, spouse and two dependent children (aged 23 years and below) against fatal accidents that may lead to disability.Smart Householders Package Policy
|Basic Cover||Fire insurance for building/structure & its contents|
|Basic Cover + Burglary Cover||
The company also provides major non-life insurance products such as Motor Insurance, Health Insurance etc.
Key Benefits & Features of Bharti AXA’s Smart Householders Package Policy
- Provides comprehensive cover for the building, fittings and fixtures against perils such as earthquake which includes underground utilities such as sewer and water lines, electricity cables and drain inspection covers.
- Alterations and improvements to the building structure, capital additions not exceeding 10% of the sum insured.
- Tenant fixtures, costs of fire extinguishing, loss or damage to locks and keys by accident are also covered.
- Insurance cover for contents in the house which includes appliances, furniture, glass and sanitary ware in case of fire, perils such as earthquake and burglary.
- Cover is also provided for valuables such as jewelry, loss of documents like passport.
- The policy covers loss or damage to contents such as furniture and appliances during transportation to a new home by professional packers and movers.
- Compensation for loss of rent if the structure or a specific section of the house is deemed unfit for occupation. It pays for alternate rental accommodation of the insured during the policy period.
- Up to three pedigree pets are covered under the policy. Compensation is provided in case of theft or accidental death of the pets.
- The policy also covers legal liability to third parties and domestic servants.
- Damage or loss to the covered items due to war or war like operations.
- Purported or willful act of negligence by the insured or any of the occupants in the insured home.
- Exclusions are specific to the type of policy selected. Refer to the policy document for a detailed list.
Add On Covers
In addition to the standard coverage, Bharti AXA provides a slew of Add On options to enhance coverage and make it all inclusive. Following are optional covers available for Smart Householders Package Policy.
- Terrorism Cover
- Cover for Domestic Appliances
- Jewelry and Valuables Cover
As soon as a claim situation occurs, call the claims center immediately on 080-49123900 to register a claim. Keep handy information such as name of the insured, policy number, contact details, date and nature of loss and all related information.
After registering the claim, fill the Claim Form and submit relevant documents as per directions provided by the claims advisor. The claim amount would be settled within 10 days from the receipt of related documents.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is covered under the Add-On option - Jewelry and Valuable Cover?
Gold and silver jewelry, valuables such as watches, cameras etc. are covered against theft, burglary, fire, natural perils, waylaying and snatching.
- Are family members covered for compensation under this policy?
Yes, they are. The insured and his spouse including two dependent children under 23 years of age are covered against accidents.
- Where is the “Claims Form” available?
The claims form is available under the home insurance section under Claim Process tab on bharti-axagi.co.in. This form can be downloaded and printed.
- How can I renew my existing home insurance policy from Bharti AXA?
You can renew the home insurance online on the Bharti AXA web portal, by making a payment using Net banking, Debit or Credit card.
Related Home Insurance Articles
- Questions to Ask When Purchasing Home Insurance
- Tata AIG Home Insurance Standard Fire and Special Perils Cover
- Tata AIG Home Secure Supreme
- Tata AIG Instachoice Home Insurance
- Types of Home Insurance in India
- What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover in a Fire
- What does Renters Insurance Cover?
- What is High Value Home Insurance?
- What is Landlord Insurance Policy?
- Why Do You Need Homeowner Insurance This Festive Season?
- Why Should You Buy Home Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Standard Fire & Special Perils Policy
- How do You Calculate Home Insurance Costs?
- How Much Does It Cost To Insure a House
- How to Buy Home Insurance Online
- How to Claim Home Insurance?
- How to Claim Home Insurance for Water Damage?
- How to Compare Home Insurance Companies
- How to get the Best Rate on Home Insurance?
- How to choose Home Insurance Coverage
- Why Home Insurance Price Increase Every Year
- How to get Discounts on Home Insurance?
- Why is House Insurance so Important
- What is Home Insurance Premium?
- What Are the Most Important Features of a Home Insurance Policy?
- How Can You Save Money on Home Insurance
- How to Secure Your Home While Away on Vacation
- 5 Myths About Home Insurance
- Hazard Insurance Vs Home Insurance