“There is no place like home.” A home is our sanctuary, a place where we nurture our dreams and a place where we share our lives with our loved ones. As a treasured possession, our home has to be safeguarded, so that our families live comfortably and in complete harmony. Your home and its contents require constant care and protection from natural or man-made calamities and only a comprehensive home insurance policy can give you the complete security that it requires.
Your home might be damaged due to natural disasters, fire accidents, burglary, vandalism or social unrest and this shatters the homeowner’s peace of mind. An ideal solution would be to invest in an ICICI Lombard home insurance plan which offers you extensive coverage for your home and household contents. This plan provides complete financial assistance with timely payouts and also offers zero home loan liability to the policyholder, where the insurance plan covers the repayment of the home loan following unfortunate incidents. An ICICI Lombard home insurance policy can easily be availed by home owners with affordable premiums, which is generally a small portion of the coverage received.
Features and benefits of ICICI Lombard Home Insurance
An ICICI Lombard home insurance plan offers two types of covers to homes aged up to 50 years - Structure Cover and Contents Cover. Individuals can opt for either of the covers or can take both for a more comprehensive coverage for up to a period of 5 years.Structure Cover
As the moniker suggests, this cover is applicable to the entire structure of a home for up to a period of 10 years and the compensation will be provided for damages to the home structure caused by various types of disasters. The entities that are included under this cover are fittings, fixtures, walls, sheds, gates, fitted kitchens, built-in wardrobes, etc., Home owners who have taken a home loan can be benefited by availing this type of cover for their new homes. The sum insured for this type of cover is calculated based on the cost that would be incurred if the insured property was to be rebuilt today. The sum insured or the reinstatement value is not a resultant of the market value of the house but the reconstruction cost.Contents Cover
The content coverage part of an ICICI Lombard home insurance plan offers protection to household contents like furniture, home appliances, electronic gadgets, jewellery and other personal belongings against burglary, fire, flood and accidental damages for up to 5 years. This cover can be taken by tenants and students residing in a rented property and individuals owning a lot of valuable items. The contents cover can also be extended at extra costs on personal belongings carried while travelling. Here, the sum insured or the market value for household contents is determined by deducting the depreciation value from the market value of the items.General Inclusions
- Individuals should always opt for a consolidated cover with both Structure Cover and Contents Cover, as this would work out to be more economical.
- The Fire and Special perils cover offers complete coverage against fire, explosions, floods, storms, lightning, malicious damages, riots, strikes, landslides, earthquakes, aircraft damages, impact damages, bursting or overflowing of water pipes, missile testing, etc.
- A home can be completely protected against burglary or attempted break-ins and coverage can be availed for loss of contents like jewellery, silver articles and precious stones which are kept in a locked cabinet.
An ICICI Lombard home insurance plan also offers compensation for expenses on an alternative accommodation taken while a policyholder’s house is getting renovated. The coverage amount can be extended up to Rs 1, 00,000.
The Terrorism cover reimburses the cost of damages done due to acts of terrorism.
Home owners can also opt for several add-on covers or riders along with their standard home insurance policy to provide an extra level of protection to their homes. Add-ons from ICICI Lombard generally cover risks or damages caused due to natural disasters like earthquakes or floods.
- Damages done deliberately to the property.
- Losses or damages caused by wars and other perils.
- Losses or damages caused by general wear and tear.
- Losses sustained when the property has not been occupied for more than 30 days, without any intimation to ICICI Lombard.
- Cash /Paintings / Works of Art / Antiques / Bullion / Mobile Phones / Laptops
- Losses caused due to electrical disturbances.
- Electrical or Mechanical Breakdowns
Customers can initiate claims by registering at the 24/7 toll free helpline and provide all the required information. Details regarding the policy and the accident need to be reported while making a claim. After the claim is authenticated by ICICI Lombard, it is sent for further processing to the claims department. This department verifies and registers the claim request and a surveyor is appointed within 48 hours. After the required documents have been submitted to the surveyor, the Final Survey Report is given within 7 days. ICICI Lombard processes claims within a period of 7 days after receiving all the documents.Documents required for making a claim
- Filled-in claim form
- Copy of ICICI Lombard home insurance policy
- FIR Copy
- Final Report from the police
- Copy of Invoices / Price Lists / Repair Estimates
- How do I renew my ICICI Lombard home insurance policy?
Customers have the option of renewing their existing home insurance policies by visiting the nearest branch office. They can also do renewals online on ICICI Lombard’s website.
- How is my property and its contents evaluated while availing home insurance?
Your home structure is evaluated according to the home area multiplied by the rate of construction per sq.ft on the date the policy was taken. Home contents are evaluated based on their market value.
- What happens when an insured property is sold?
When an insured property is sold, the policyholder can cancel the home insurance policy and get back the premium that has been paid.
- Do I require home insurance if I am living on rent?
Yes, you can take home insurance for the household contents in your rented property.
- What are the documents required to be submitted while buying home insurance from ICICI Lombard?
Customers need to submit only the filled-in proposal form while buying the policy.
Related Home Insurance Articles
- Questions to Ask When Purchasing Home Insurance
- Tata AIG Home Insurance Standard Fire and Special Perils Cover
- Tata AIG Home Secure Supreme
- Tata AIG Instachoice Home Insurance
- Types of Home Insurance in India
- What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover in a Fire
- What does Renters Insurance Cover?
- What is High Value Home Insurance?
- What is Landlord Insurance Policy?
- Why Do You Need Homeowner Insurance This Festive Season?
- Why Should You Buy Home Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Standard Fire & Special Perils Policy
- How do You Calculate Home Insurance Costs?
- How Much Does It Cost To Insure a House
- How to Buy Home Insurance Online
- How to Claim Home Insurance?
- How to Claim Home Insurance for Water Damage?
- How to Compare Home Insurance Companies
- How to get the Best Rate on Home Insurance?
- How to choose Home Insurance Coverage
- Why Home Insurance Price Increase Every Year
- How to get Discounts on Home Insurance?
- Why is House Insurance so Important
- What is Home Insurance Premium?
- What Are the Most Important Features of a Home Insurance Policy?
- How Can You Save Money on Home Insurance
- How to Secure Your Home While Away on Vacation
- 5 Myths About Home Insurance
- Hazard Insurance Vs Home Insurance
News About ICICI Lombard Home Insurance
A survey shows that 93% participants do not have a home insurance policy
As per a recent survey conducted by ICICI Lombard, about 93 percent of participants responded saying that they do not own a home insurance policy. The surprising part is that that 62 percent of those who participated in the survey are aware of the advantages of a home insurance policy.
It has also been stated that most home owners do not feel that getting a home insurance is even required and 59 percent admitted that if the premium amount was lower and claims process, then they would have bought a home insurance policy.
10th March 2016