Buying a house and building a home out of it not just requires a huge amount of financial investment, but it also entails a high level of emotional involvement. As your house is one of your most valuable assets, it deserves the best possible protection and care from various unforeseen circumstances. It is really important to choose an all-encompassing home insurance policy for the same.
Overview of SBI General Home Insurance
A joint venture between the State Bank of India and Insurance Australia Group (IAG), SBI general has a widespread network and established presence in almost 14,000 Branches of State Bank of India. Currently, the organisation boasts of a branches across 56 Indian cities. SBI general serves three major customer segments; Corporate segment, Retail segment and SME segment. SBI General offers Motor, Health, Travel, Personal Accident & Home Insurance for individuals, amongst the many other products and services provided.
SBI General understands how important your house is to you and as a proud owner of your dream home, you desire the best insurance cover for it. The comprehensive and innovative home insurance policy offered by the company makes it easier for you to protect your house. With SBI General's Long Term Home Insurance Policy, you can bask in the glory of the home you have just acquired and enjoy a stress-free stay.
Features and Benefits
- Provides in-built coverage against earthquakes
- The policy tenure ranges from a minimum of 3 years to a maximum period of 30 years
- Provides coverage against any loss or damage to your house as a result of manmade or natural calamities
- By paying an additional amount on your policy, you can opt for coverage against loss/damage caused by terrorist activities
- The rate of premium depends on the location and tenure of the home insurance policy
The policy provides coverage against the following –
- Natural calamities like earthquake, tempest, storm, hurricane, flood, landslide etc.
- Fire, lightening, inundation, explosion (excluding boilers and pressure vessels), etc.
- Loss/damage caused due to man-made calamities like riots, strikes, malicious activities, etc.
- With an additional payment, one can also opt for Terrorism Cover
- Covers your house against impact damage, missile testing operations, bursting of water tanks, pipes and other apparatus
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What are the major exclusions under the SBI General Long Term Home Insurance policy?
The major exclusions under this policy are as follows –
- Theft occurred during/after operation of peril
- Volcanoes or other natural convulsions
- Burning of property by Public Authority
- Mechanical and electrical breakdown
- Acts of gross negligence
- Forest Fire
- Explosion of boilers, damage caused by centrifugal forces
- Loss/damage of unspecified currency, documents, cheques, etc.
- What is the tenure range of SBI General Long Term HI policy?
SBI General offers a wide range of tenure for its Long Term Home Insurance policy. It ranges from a minimum of 3 years to 30 years.
- Can I apply for SBI General Long Term Home Insurance policy, online?
You can download the form for the same from SBI General’s official website. After filling the form duly, please submit it at the nearest SBI General branch.
- How do I avail the Terrorism Cover?
By paying an extra amount, you can buy the Terrorism Cover for your home.
- What does the Terrorism Cover do?
The Terrorism Cover protects your house against any loss/damage caused by terrorist activities. For further details on this, please contact the nearest SBI General branch.
Related Home Insurance Articles
- Questions to Ask When Purchasing Home Insurance
- Tata AIG Home Insurance Standard Fire and Special Perils Cover
- Tata AIG Home Secure Supreme
- Tata AIG Instachoice Home Insurance
- Types of Home Insurance in India
- What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover in a Fire
- What does Renters Insurance Cover?
- What is High Value Home Insurance?
- What is Landlord Insurance Policy?
- Why Do You Need Homeowner Insurance This Festive Season?
- Why Should You Buy Home Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Standard Fire & Special Perils Policy
- How do You Calculate Home Insurance Costs?
- How Much Does It Cost To Insure a House
- How to Buy Home Insurance Online
- How to Claim Home Insurance?
- How to Claim Home Insurance for Water Damage?
- How to Compare Home Insurance Companies
- How to get the Best Rate on Home Insurance?
- How to choose Home Insurance Coverage
- Why Home Insurance Price Increase Every Year
- How to get Discounts on Home Insurance?
- Why is House Insurance so Important
- What is Home Insurance Premium?
- What Are the Most Important Features of a Home Insurance Policy?
- How Can You Save Money on Home Insurance
- How to Secure Your Home While Away on Vacation
- 5 Myths About Home Insurance