Rising home insurance is like a timed bombshell to customers!
A new financial year! If nothing, you must have surely noticed a steady rise in your home insurance premiums . In fact, a humungous surge! You are not the only one. Statistics show the same. But this could also be because with the rising income, there are more items to buy cover for. You may have just upgraded your car, or brought home a new member to the family (health insurance for that member) and suchlike. But a great many people have said that it’s the insurance firm that is hiking the premiums.
Insurance providers too are not lacking in their sob stories. Many home insurance schemes come with inflationary clauses keeping in mind the increasing prices of resources, land and related labor. Due to rising number of natural calamities and personal accidents, the claims have increased manifold. And since the firms tend to bear the lion’s share of the claim expenditures, it makes sense to them to levy bigger premium amount.
Tips to deal with this:
- Shooting up your deductibles as much as you can actually help you to lower premiums. No Insurance is designed to cover minor contingencies and setting a higher deductible can bring down the premium a lot.
- If you yourself install some safety measures like a backup generator, a surge protector for the entire building, deadbolts and smoke or carbon dioxide sensors and inform the insurance provider of all these, you can get a hefty reduction in the premium.
- When you choose a location for your house, ensure that it is far from storm or flood prone areas. In short locate yourself shrewdly. For instance having a brick or stone house in windy places or a wood-framed house areas prone to earthquakes.
- You can have your home inspected by a professional from fire force and submit the certificate to your insurer to get a bit of reduction.
- Never ever make claims for minor things as the rates increase with more claims.
- You can ignore land value totally when it comes to home insurance. It highly dubious that the land underneath your house will be robbed or get destroyed in a fire. Just keep it for the home.
- It is better to purchase all your insurance policies (for e.g., house and car insurance) from one firm as you can avail great discounts on grounds of being a multiple policyholder.
- Don’t opt for attractive but unnecessary add-ons, however cheap they might seem.
- Questions to Ask When Buying Home Insurance
- Why Should You Buy Home Insurance
- Tata AIG Home Insurance Standard Fire and Special Perils Cover
- Tata AIG Home Secure Supreme
- Tata AIG Instachoice Home Insurance
- Types of Home Insurance Policies
- What Does Home Insurance Cover in a Fire?
- What does Renters Insurance Cover?
- What is High Value Home Insurance?
- What is Landlord Insurance Policy?
- Why Do You Need Homeowner Insurance This Festive Season?
- Hazard Insurance Vs Home Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Standard Fire & Special Perils Policy
- How to Calculate Home Insurance?
- How to Buy Home Insurance Online
- How to Claim Home Insurance?
- How to Claim Home Insurance for Water Damage?
- How to Compare Home Insurance Companies
- How to get the Best Rate on Home Insurance?
- How to choose Home Insurance Coverage
- Why Home Insurance Price Increase Every Year
- How to get Discounts on Home Insurance?
- Why is House Insurance so Important
- What is Home Insurance Premium?
- What Are the Most Important Features of a Home Insurance Policy?
- How Can You Save Money on Home Insurance
- How to Secure Your Home While Away on Vacation
- 5 Myths About Home Insurance