Whoever said wishes don’t come true hasn’t explored our offers!
  • Hazard Insurance Vs Home Insurance

    Giving a major chunk of your life’s earnings – if one investment calls for such an act, it is buying a roof over your head. Your home. Hence going a couple of extra mile to protect that asset from all possible threats (at least financially) is definitely worth it. And of course it begins with buying a suitable home insurance policy with the right coverage. By planning into the future and understanding what you may require under grim situations, you can save yourselves a lot of anguish, resources and time.

    Calamitous events, whether natural or manmade, are as inescapable as they are unpredictable and mostly occurs without notice. But although we cannot prevent catastrophes at all times, we can expect their possible repercussions, comprising property damage, disruption in service availability, shortage of essential supplies and other inconveniences. While policies can differ from company to company, any regular homeowner’s insurance scheme will come down to ‘Hazards Insurance Vs Home Insurance’.

    Let us check out the key differences between hazard insurance and home insurance:

    Hazards Insurance

    Home Insurance

    Fire/ Smoke & related perils

    Covered on first-loss basis

    Natural calamities

    Some offers cover at no or additional premium

    Do not cover for contents such as garments, furniture, devices and books against destruction/ loss

    Contents such as garments, furniture, devices and books against damage/ loss covered

    Damage caused by vehicles

    Covered under accidents in the premises

    Robbery/ Sabotage

    Covered on first-loss basis by most firms


    Will be decided after assessment of cause

    Damage caused by water heater, air conditioner or in-home sprinkler system

    Will be covered if specifically requested as add-ons

    Frozen or ruptured pipes

    Only some insurance companies offer flood cover

    Electrical failures are covered

    Available if you pay extra premium

    Civil commotion or riot related damage not covered

    No Cover offered for this

    If you own especially prized belongings such as electronic gadgets, porcelains, chinaware, furs or artwork, you are advised to get a "floater" to indemnify them. This is because the hazard insurance in your home insurance scheme is likely to restrict the coverage on such items.

    If your house is located in a place vulnerable to earthquake or floods, you might need another policy or add-on to handle those aspects.

    This Page is BLOCKED as it is using Iframes.