Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Company Limited is the first private sector general insurance company in India to be licensed since 2001 Royal Sundaram general insurance offers Motor, Health, Personal Accident and other products to individual customers. Royal Sundaram also offers specially designed products to the Small and Medium enterprises and Rural customers.
From basic individual health insurance cover to specialist medical insurance plans, Royal Sundaram Health Insurance offers a wide array of health insurance plans which also includes maternity benefits and the option to auto-recharge sum insured every policy year even if a claim has been made.
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance at a Glance
Total members covered
Coverage for a maximum of 5 family members
Pre and Post Hospitalization cover
Medical expenses covered for 30 days before your hospitalization and 60 days for post hospitalization for related medical expenses
Reimbursement of expenses, subject to a maximum of Rs.750/- per Insured Person, towards Master Health Check up for the Insured Person, after each 4 consecutive claim free years of the policy
Critical Factors of the Plan
Life long renewable
Plans are lifelong renewable and covers you for your entire lifetime.
Any pre-existing condition will be covered after a waiting period of 3 year
Non ICU- 2% of Sum Insured, ICU- 4% of Sum Insured
Additional Features of Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
Get Cumulative bonus for every claim free years from 5% up to 50 %
Cashless hospitalization at over 3000+ network hospitals
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Highlights Updated on 20 Oct 2017
|Waiting Period for Pre-existing Disease||3 years|
|Incurred Claims Ratio||58.57%|
|Number of Policies Issued||181827|
*For Year 2015-2016
Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Co. Ltd., India’s first private insurer (promoted by Sundaram Finance and RSA) began operations in the year 2001. It has grown tremendously over the years to become a leading player in the Indian insurance industry.
Their product portfolio comprises various product lines ranging from auto to home insurance on the personal front and fire to engineering to liability insurance on the corporate front.
Royal Sundaram was responsible for introducing many innovative services/offerings which, today, have become the norm for most insurance companies e.g. cashless claims processes, cash allowances for hospitalisation and value-add partnerships with top institutions to extend market reach.
Their efforts have led them to create a customer-base of over 5 million clients, who are provided superior customer service through a multi-channel distribution network of agents, institutional tie-ups, brokers etc. The company’s presence is felt in over 180 cities nationwide.
As part of its health insurance segment, the company offers the following policies:
- Family Good Health
- Smart Cash Plan
- Lifeline Health Insurance
A health insurance policy which serves to provide financial protection to the proposer and his family, including dependant parents, economically and adequately.
|Entry Age||91 days to 21 yrs|
|Policy Period||1 or 2 yrs.|
|Medical Screening||Required for entrants over 50 yrs. Dependent parents up to 65 yrs.|
|Basis|| Floater |
- (family includes self, spouse, dependent children and parents)
- Up to 2 adults and up to 3 children
|Sum Assured|| Rs.2, 3 or 4 lakhs |
Cumulative Bonus: 5% - 50% on renewal fpr every claim-free year
|Premium|| Based on the oldest insured member |
1 yr. policy: Rs.3,341 to Rs.33,403
2 yr. policy: Rs.6,348 to Rs.63,466
|Coverage||- Inpatient hospitalisation expenses: |
Room charges, Fees of medical professionals, cost of / charges for equipment and supplies, cost of
consumables, OT charges etc.
- Pre/Post-hospitalisation expenses: Up to 30/60 days respectively
- Pre-existing diseases: After a 4 yr. waiting period
- Daily Cash Allowance: Rs.500 per day of hospitalisation (max. 20 days per insured member, subject to
an overall limit of 60 days for all members)
- Convalescence Benefit
- For hospitalisation beyond 21 days: Up to Rs.10,000 per insured member (overall limit Rs.20,000 for all members)
- Specified day care procedures
- Ambulance costs: Up to Rs.1,000 per hospitalisation
- Health-check costs: Up to Rs.750 per insured member after 4 successive claim-free years
The Smart Cash Plan offered by Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company takes care of your daily expenses incurred in transportation, food, patient’s attendance, guest accommodation, etc. This is daily cash benefit plan. The plan is particularly designed to cover your out of pocket expenses in treating injury or illnesses. The Smart Cash Plan comes with three variants namely - Silver, Gold and Platinum.
The Smart Cash Plan comes with a host of attractive feature and benefits such as tax benefits, hospitalization benefits, emergency flight tickets reimbursement and a grace period of 30 days to name a few. The plan provides cover for Hospitalization, Join Hospitalization, ICU charges, Critical Illnesses, Childbirth, Guest expenses, Food expenses, Travel expenses and expenses incurred in Emergency Family Member visit. This is an individual plan, but you can include children, spouse, parents, dependents and self under this plan. Also, it provides cover for childbirth and maternity related expenses.
The minimum entry age required for the Smart Cash Plan is 91 days. The maximum entry age for the same is 70 years (applicable for Gold and Platinum variant). There is no maximum entry age applicable for Silver Smart Cash policyholders. The maximum sum insured under this plan varies between Silver, Gold and Platinum. No exit age is applicable for this plan.
Lifeline Health Insurance
This is a health insurance policy that can be taken as an individual plan or as a family floater plan to secure health insurance benefits for the entire family. It has 3 variants that offer slightly different features to policyholders.
|Basis||Individual Family Floater - Self, spouse and dependent children - Maximum 2 adults and up to 4 children||Individual Family Floater - Self, spouse and dependent children - Maximum 2 adults and up to 4 children||Individual Family Floater - Self, spouse and dependent children - Maximum 2 adults and up to 4 children|
|Entry Age||Minimum 18 Year, No Maximum. For dependent children under the family floater plan the age should be between 91 days and 25 years old.||Minimum 18 Year, No Maximum. For dependent children under the family floater plan the age should be between 91 days and 25 years old.||Minimum 18 Year, No Maximum. For dependent children under the family floater plan the age should be between 91 days and 25 years old.|
|Policy Period||1,2 or 3 years||1,2 or 3 years||1,2 or 3 years|
|Sum Assured||Rs. 2 lakhs to Rs. 5 lakhs||Rs. 5 lakhs to Rs. 50 lakhs||Rs. 25 lakhs to Rs. 1 crore|
|Number Of People Covered||Up to 6 for family floater plans||Up to 6 for family floater plans||Up to 6 for family floater plans|
|Medical Screening||None in case of no pre-existing diseases||None in case of no pre-existing diseases||None in case of no pre-existing diseases|
Pre and post hospitalization expenses: 30 to 60 days up to sum insured
All day care procedures
Ambulance cover: Up to Rs. 3,000
Organ donor expenses
Cover for Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy treatment up to Rs. 20,000
Animal bite vaccination covered up to Rs. 2,500
Hosptial cash for 30 days if hospitalized for more than 2 days: Rs. 1000 per day
Re-load of sum insured without having to pay premium again.
Pre and post hospitalization expenses: 60 to 90 days up to sum insured
All day care procedures
Ambulance cover: Up to Rs. 5,000
Organ donor expenses
Cover for Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy treatment up to Rs. 30,000
Animal bite vaccination covered up to Rs. 5,000
Emergency domestic evacuation covered up to Rs. 1 lakh
Hosptial cash for 30 days if hospitalized for more than 2 days: Rs. 2,000 per day
Re-load of sum insured without having to pay premium again.
Pre and post hospitalization expenses: 60 to 180 days up to sum insured
All day care procedures
Ambulance cover: Up to Rs. 10,000
Organ donor expenses
Cover for Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy treatment up to Rs. 50,000
Animal bite vaccination covered up to Rs. 7,500
Emergency domestic evacuation covered up to Rs. 3 lakhs
Hosptial cash for 30 days if hospitalized for more than 2 days: Rs. 5,000 per day
Re-load of sum insured without having to pay premium again.
Emergency hospitalization abroad: Rs 20 lakhs. Comes with a deductable of $1,000 per hospitalisation
Out patient department treatment covered up to Rs. 10,000
Maternity cover for 2 deliveries: Rs. 2 lakhs for sum insured up to Rs. 50 lakhs and Rs. 2.5 lakhs for sum insured more than Rs. 50 lakhs
|No Claim Bonus||10% of the sum insured subject to a max of 50% of sum insured||20% of the sum insured subject to a maximum of 100% of sum insured||20% of the sum insured subject to a max of 100% of sum insured|
|Treatment Outside India||Not covered||Not covered||Option to avail treatment abroad. Also covers treatment of 11 critical illnesses abroad.|
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Policies Offer
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance offers health insurance policies with a wide range of sum insured options to suit the varying needs of its customers. The health insurance policies offered by Royal Sundaram Health Insurance offers the following insurance coverage:
- Cashless hospitalisation at more than 3,000 network hospitals.
- Pre and post-hospitalisation expenses.
- 147 day-care procedures.
- Lifetime renewability option.
- Tax benefits on health insurance premiums under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Increased cover of up to additional 50% sum insured for hospitalisation as a result of an accident.
- Maternity expenses.
- Pre-existing disease cover with a 3-year waiting period.
- Get a cumulative bonus of 5-50% for every claim-free year.
- Get daily cash benefit to cover non-medical expenses during the period of hospitalisation. The insurer offers double cash benefit in the case of hospitalisation due to an accident and triple cash benefit in the case of admission to Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
Buy Health Insurance Online
Health insurance policies offered by Royal Sundaram Health Insurance can be purchased online through the company website. You can get an instant quote on your chosen policy with a couple of minutes. A health insurance policy can be purchased online without the hassle of physical documentation process. The guide to buy health insurance online is as follows:
- Visit the Royal Sundaram Health Insurance portal. Go through the various features and benefits of the health insurance policies offered by the company.
- Choose a policy and click on 'Buy Now' tab.
- Enter details about the insured member, his or her dependents, and the sum insured.
- Choose the policy term, which is usually 1 or 2 years.
- The online premium calculator can be used to calculate the premium of your chosen health insurance policy.
- Make a note of the instant quote.
- Click on 'Proceed' to purchase the health insurance policy.
- Use net banking, credit card or debit card to pay the insurance premium online through the insurer's website.
- The policy documents will be sent to your email ID upon successful completion of the premium payment.
- The health insurance policy becomes effective once the payment is processed.
- Print the policy documents to keep a hard copy of your health insurance policy.
Why Royal Sundaram Health Insurance?
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance is one of the top health insurance providers in India. The company offers quality health insurance plans at affordable prices. Here are some reason why customers prefer Royal Sundaram Health Insurance:
- The insurers offers a wide range of health insurance plans with lifetime renewability and a wide sum insured range.
- The insurance company has a high Claim Settlement Ratio which is an indicator of its capability to settle a high number of claim in any given financial year.
- Excellent customer service which includes online premium calculator, 24/7 helpline number, network hospital locator, hassle-free claim process, call back option, a dedicated grievance redressal cell, and online renewal.
- To enhance your health cover, you can choose to add-on covers such as cash benefits, personal accident cover, and critical illness cover.
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Policy Status
Registered customers can log in to the Royal Sundaram Health Insurance website using their valid credentials to check their health insurance policy status.
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Contact Number
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Customer Service helpdesk number is 1860 425 0000
- For policy-related queries, you can mail to email@example.com.
- You can also make a service request like requesting a policy copy or policy cancellation by submitting an online form on the company website. You will receive a response in 2 working days.
- There is a ‘Call Back’ option wherein the customer can submit a call-back request on the company website and an insurance agent will call you back to resolve your query.
- Complaints can be registered on the company website.
- Claims can be intimated via phone or through insurer's website.
- A customer can engage in a live chat with an insurance agent regarding health insurance plans on the insurer's website.
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Renewal
Renew your health insurance policy before the expiry date. If you have failed to renew it before or on the due date then renew it within the grace period to avoid policy lapse and losing out on policy benefits. Royal Sundaram Health Insurance policies can be renewed online through the insurer's website. Enter the policy number and expiry date to get your renewal notice. Pay the renewal premium online using net banking, credit card or debit card.
Also Read: How to File a Claim with Royal Sundaram?
Also Read: Best Health Insurance Plans of 2017
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance FAQs
- Why should I choose a Royal Sundaram Health Insurance policy?
Some of the advantages of being insured by Royal Sundaram Health Insurance are:
- Minimal documentation and no requirement for pre-screening medical tests for customers up to 50 years of age.
- Coverage for pre-existing diseases after four years of continuous coverage under Royal Sundaram.
- More than 3000+ network hospitals to avail cashless facilities.
There are 3 types of health insurance plans available for Royal Sundaram customers:
- Lifeline Insurance Plan
- Smart Cash Insurance
- Family Good Health Policy
The major difference here is that Cumulative Bonus is applicable only in case of a claim-free year. Indexation Benefit, on the other hand, is irrespective of claims made during the year. There is no reversal of Indexation Benefit unlike Cumulative Bonus.
The total insured sum is the maximum payable amount in case of hospitalization due to illness. However, hospitalization due to accidents are eligible for maximum cover of 150% of the insured amount.
In situations where your insured amount is exhausted due to hospitalization for treatment of illnesses, you will still have the excess 50% left for treatment emergency accidental injuries. This provides an added buffer towards unpredictable incidents.
With the ‘Total Care Plus’ plan, policyholders can receive maternity benefit after 3 years of continuous premium payments. Maternity benefits are also available for ‘Lifeline’ customers, if both spouses are covered under this plan and have been paying premiums for 3 years. ‘Hospital Cash’ plans do not provide coverage for maternity-related expenses.
Customers can choose health insurance portability, which is the ability to change to a different insurance provider from Royal Sundaram, by applying for the same at least 45 days before next renewal date.
Hospital Cash offers daily fixed benefits aimed at covering incidental expenses that normally don’t get covered by health insurance policies. As such, Hospital Cash is more of a supplementary plan to health plans.
Yes, you can buy policies directly from the company’s website. You can also get quotes and proceed with buying at a later time at your convenience.
Pre-existing diseases will be covered under health insurance policies from Royal Sundaram after 3 years of continuous premium payment.
A claim intimation can be done by calling the customer service helpdesk number 1860 425 0000 or emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. A claim form will be sent to you in 2 working days. Submit the duly-filled claim form along with the supporting documents. If the claim is approved, a cheque will be sent to you.
- Cashless claim procedure: Notify the insurer within 72 hours of planned hospitalisation and 24 hours of emergency hospitalisation. The network hospital has to send a pre-authorisation request form to the insurer. Third-Party Administrator (TPA) will verify the request and reply within 3 hours post receipt.
- Reimbursement claim procedure: Notify the insurer within 72 hours of planned hospitalisation and 24 hours of emergency hospitalisation. Send the duly-filled claim form and supporting documents within 30 days from the date of discharge to Royal Sundaram. The claim amount will be made to the proposer.
For the online payment method, visit the insurer's website, enter the policy number and expiry date to get your renewal notice. Pay the renewal premium online using net banking, credit card or debit card. Upon successful payment, the policy will be renewed. For the offline method, visit the nearest bank branch to pay the renewal premium.
Visit the insurer’s website, click on ‘Customer Service Request’ tab, select the product type, enter your policy number and personal details, and select ‘Claim Related’ service request to track your claim status. You can also call customer service helpdesk number 1860 425 0000 or email to email@example.com.
Registered customers can log in to the insurer's website by entering their email ID and password.
Visit the insurer’s website, click on ‘Customer Service Request’ tab, select the product type, enter your policy number and personal details, and select ‘policy cancellation’ service request. You can also call customer service helpdesk number 1860 425 0000 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Customer Service helpdesk number is 1860 425 0000.
Examples of Network Hospitals in Major Cities
|CITY||NAME OF HOSPITAL|
|DELHI||J P MEMORIAL HOSPITAL|
|MUMBAI||NATIONAL HOSPITAL & ICCU|
|KOLKATA||TATA MEDICAL CENTER|
*Disclaimer - This is not an exhaustive list but an indicative representation of hospitals that form a part of the company's wider network.
News About Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
Royal Sundaram General looking to increase business by 25%
Royal Sundaram General has made a 5-year growth plan to increase their income that comes from home, accident, and health insurance by 25%. The company is also looking to increase the income that’s coming in from their commercial line of business like engineering, property, and marine segments to 20% from 12%. The private company had earned Rs.200 crore last year and is projected to rake in Rs.220 crore at the end of this financial year. Motor insurance has been a major contributor to this income by raking in close to 75%. Royal Sundaram General has close to 20 products to offer and are now planning on bringing this number down to 10. This move is being made to make the products offered to make them more comprehensive.
18th January, 2017
StanChart customers get new health insurance product from Royal Sundaram
Standard Chartered Bank customers get a Royal Sundaram flagship health insurance product through bancassurance channel. Royal Sundaram is leveraging its partnership by offering a highly customisable lifeline suit health insurance product set with global benchmark and an exhaustive product knowledge to the corporate and retail customers of Standard Chartered bank. The cover has three sub plans that are Classic, Elite and Supreme with various benefits and premiums. The product will also cover the cost of taking second opinions of 11 critical illnesses.
13th January, 2016
RSA Offloads Stake in Royal Sundaram Insurance
At a time when most foreign insurance players are either trying to enter or enhance stakes in the Indian insurance market, RSA Group of UK has decided to sell its share in Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Co. Post RSA’s exit, Sundaram Finance will become the whole owner of the general insurance venture. RSA Group will receive Rs.450 crores for the sale of its entire holding i.e. 26% on completion of the transaction.
With the ordinance to raise FDI limits in the Indian insurance industry from 26% to 49% set to be ratified by the Parliament, more foreign participation was expected. Industry observers report many foreign players already having initiated discussions with the IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India) to invest in Indian insurance companies as a result of the ordinance. RSA Group’s exit is contrary to this trend. However, the company has explained its exit as part of its overall corporate strategy to strengthen focus on its core markets by divesting its position in non-core markets like India.
RSA Group and Sundaram Finance have been partners in Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Co. for 15 years. The insurance joint venture pioneered private insurance in India when it began operations in the year 2000 and has since established itself as a leader with an extensive reach in over 180 cities in India.
23rd February 2015
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.
Disclaimer: Premiums may vary depending upon factors like age, location and prevailing taxes/GST.