Komal Jeevan policy offered by LIC is a children's money back plan which offers financial protection against the event of demise during the plan's term and periodic payments in case the assured survives. The grandparent or the parent can purchase this LIC money back plan for a child, whose age is between 0 to 10 years.
Eligibility Conditions for LIC Komal Jeevan
|Minimum age of the child||0 years|
|Maximum age of the child||10 years|
Key Features of LIC Komal Jeevan
|Plan type||Children's insurance|
|Risk cover commencement||The risk starts two years from the commencement date of the policy or from the immediate anniversary of the policy that comes after the child completes seven years of age, whichever is later.|
|Premiums||The premiums for this particular policy can be paid on monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or yearly basis. You may also pay the premiums via salary deductions. The premiums can be paid till the policy anniversary that comes immediately after the child (assured) reaches the age of eighteen years or till the assured's early death. You may also choose to pay single premium by paying a lump sum amount.|
|Guaranteed Additions||A guaranteed addition of Rs. 75 for every one thousand of the assured sum is provided by the policy after each year is completed. The payment of these guaranteed additions will take place either at the end of the policy's term or after the demise of the assured.|
|Loyalty Additions||The payment of the loyalty addition depends on the Corporation's experience. If the Corporation makes profits with its life insurance business then the policy gets a share of these profits. The bonuses are payable along with maturity benefits or after the event of death.|
Benefits / Advantages of LIC Komal Jeevan
- Death Benefit - In the event of the demise of the assured, prior to commencement of risk, the plan shall be cancelled and the premiums that are paid under the plan shall be refunded. This refund will exclude the premium paid for the waiver benefit. In case, the death of the assured happens after the commencement of risk but prior to the maturation of the policy then the entire assured sum along with the Guaranteed Additions and Loyalty Additions will be payable.
- Maturity Benefit - The Loyalty Additions along with the Guaranteed Additions will be paid upon survival till the end of the term of the policy.
- Premium Waiver Benefit - This particular optional benefit can be an addition to the basic plan. You must pay an additional premium to enjoy this benefit. The advantage of termination of premiums can be secured by the proposer from death till the end of deferment period.
- Surrender Value - Purchasing a Life Insurance Policy is a very long commitment. By paying the surrender value, you may choose to terminate the contract at an earlier stage.
- Guaranteed Surrender Value - After the commencement of the policy, it must run for a period of three years before it can be surrendered. Guaranteed Surrender Value prior to risk commencement date is 90 percent of the premiums. However, this is excluding the premiums that have been paid in the first year. After the risk commencement date, the Guaranteed Surrender Value is 90 percent of the premiums that are paid before the risk commencement date. This is excluding any premium paid in the first year along with 30 percent of premiums that are paid after the risk commencement date.
- Survival Benefit - The percentage of the assured sum as mentioned in the table below is payable upon survival till the end of the specified durations
|On anniversary of the policy that is immediately after the assured's age of||Percentage of the assured sum|
|18 years||20 percent|
|20 years||20 percent|
|22 years||30 percent|
|24 years||30 percent|
This Insurance Company has not partnered with BankBazaar.com. For more details, please visit its website/branch office. The trademarks, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective owners.