The LIC Jeevan Surabhi Insurance Plan no. 108 (25 years) is best suited for individuals who are required to draw lump sum amounts regularly when in need, apart from other old age and family related benefits. It is a regular money back with-profits plan for a term of 25 years and a premium paying term of 18 years. By opting for this plan, you can avail a part of sum assured for specified periods, upon survival. Jeevan Surabhi plan offers a life insurance cover throughout the term plan and the cover increases after every five years.
Eligibility Conditions for LIC Jeevan Surabhi - 25 years
|Minimum entry age||14 years (Last birthday)|
|Maximum entry age||45 years|
|Minimum maturity age||70 years|
Key Features of LIC Jeevan Surabhi - 25 years
The following are the key highlights of the LIC Jeevan Surabhi Plan no.108:
|Plan type||Money Back Plan|
|Premium paying terms||18 years|
|Policy term||25 years|
|Premium payment frequency||Monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, yearly|
|Minimum sum assured||Rs.50,000|
|Maximum sum assured||No Limit|
Benefits of LIC Jeevan Surabhi - 25 years
The following benefits can be availed if you opt for the LIC Jeevan Surabhi Plan:
Survival Benefit: The sum assured is paid in parts on survival at the end of specific periods, given in the table below:
|Percentage of Sum Assured Payable|
|Duration||Payment term - 18 years|
Maturity Benefit: You are eligible for all the bonuses accrued until the maturity date of your policy term in a lump sum, on survival till that date.
Death Benefit: On death of the assured person, the sum assured amount, additional cover and bonuses, if any, is payable at once. There is no deduction (from the claim amount) of survival benefits paid before the death of the assured.
- The LIC Jeevan Surabhi - 25 years plan is eligible for participation in profits of the life insurance business of the corporation. The profits are shared as bonuses to the assured.
- For every thousand sum assured, you can avail simple reversionary bonuses annually at the end of financial year.
- If the policy is continued for a certain duration, the assured may also be eligible for an additional bonus.
Surrender Value: In case of a pre-termination of the policy, the following surrender values are available:
Guaranteed Surrender Value - You can surrender this policy once the policy term has reached 3 years or more. 30% of the basic premium is provided as the guaranteed surrender value without considering the premium of the first year, provided not a single survival benefit payment has been missed. In case of a missed payment, the guaranteed surrender value will be 30% of the premium payments made on the due date or after the due date of the most recent survival benefit.
Corporation policy - Surrenders
- A special surrender value is paid to the assured which is equivalent to or higher than the guaranteed surrender value.
- The benefit accrued on the surrender is the discount earned on the claim amount in case of its maturity or death. It depends on the number of premium payments made and the duration for which is the surrender value is computed.
- Premature termination of policy results in a lower surrender value than the total amount paid as premium.
- The surrender value is reviewed regularly by the corporation, based on factors such as experience, economy and others.
How the LIC Jeevan Surabhi - 25 years Works
In the LIC Jeevan Surabhi Plan - 25 years, the duration of the premium payment is 18 years, while the cover provided is for 25 years. If the assured survives till 18 years of the policy's duration, 20% of the Sum Assured is payable to the assured person. However, the assured is still covered until the policy reaches its full maturity and receives bonus as well. In case the life insured loses his or her life during the tenure of the policy, the nominee gets the Sum Assured amount, which goes up by 50% in every five years.
There are certain optional benefits that can be chosen for added protection in the Jeevan Surabhi - 25 years plan. An optional plan can be taken in addition to the basic plan. However, you are required to make additional premium payments to avail the benefits. Accidental Death Benefit is one of the riders offered along with the LIC money back plan.