LIC’s Limited Premium Endowment Plan is a participating non linked plan which offers the perfect combination of protection and savings.The plan ensures that you will benefit from your investment if you survive the policy and offers financial protection to your family in case anything should happen to you during the policy term.
Eligibility Criteria for LIC's Limited Premium Endowment Plan
|Eligibility criteria feature||Eligibility|
|Minimum age at entry||18 years|
|Maximum age at entry||50 years|
|Minimum sum assured||Rs. 3,00,000|
|Maximum sum assured||No limit on the maximum basic sum assured|
|Minimum policy term||12 years|
|Maximum policy term||21 years|
|Maximum maturity age||69 years|
Key Features of LIC's Limited Premium Endowment Plan
|Type||Participating non linked life insurance policy|
|Premium payment terms||8 and 9 years|
|Policy term||12, 16 and 21 years|
|Maturity benefit||Sum assured on death + Vested Simple Reversionary bonus + Final additional bonus(if any) will be paid as maturity benefit|
|Mode of premium payment||Annually, bi annually, quarterly, monthly|
|Free look period||15 days from the date of receipt of the policy|
|Grace period||15 days for monthly mode and 30 days for all other modes|
|Sum assured||Rs. 3,00,000 is the minimum sum assured under the policy|
|Surrender value||The policy can be surrendered for cash given that the premium has been paid for three whole years. The surrender value to be paid will be a percentage of the total premiums paid.|
|Loan facility||Loan can be availed only if the policy has acquired a surrender value|
|Lapse of policy||The policy will lapse if premiums are not paid in due time|
|Policy revival||A lapsed policy can be revived within two years from the date of first unpaid premium|
Benefits and Advantages of LIC's Limited Premium Endowment Plan
Listed below are the benefits and advantages of LIC’s Limited Premium Endowment Plan.
- The policy offers the double benefit of financial protection in case of death of the policyholder and savings.
- Death benefit- Sum assured on death along with reversionary bonus and final additional bonus(if any) will be paid as death benefit to the nominee in case of unfortunate death of the policyholder.
- Maturity benefit- The plan qualifies for Maturity benefit which will be paid at the end of policy term considering all the premiums have been paid in full. Sum assured along with reversionary bonus and final additional bonus will be paid as maturity benefit.
- Convenience- The plan can be purchased online with no hassles.
- Participation in profits- The policy will be entitled to reversionary bonuses by participating in profits.
- Flexibility-The plan offers the flexibility of paying premiums monthly, quarterly, biannually or annually depending on what the customer is comfortable with.
How does the plan work?
Let’s consider the example of Ms. Ananya,, a 28 year old professor who opts for LIC’s Limited Premium Endowment plan with a sum assured of Rs. 5,00,000 for a policy term of 16 years and a premium paying term of 9 years.. If Ms. Ananya will be paying a yearly premium of Rs. 43, 995, she will get a maturity benefit of Rs.09,10,000 if she survives the policy. If Ms. Ananya passes away before the termination of the policy, his nominee will receive sum assured along with various bonuses such as reversionary bonus from participation in profits and additional bonus.
The policy offers two types of optional riders that one can avail along with the policy. Listed below are the two types of riders one can avail with the policy.
- LIC’s Accidental Death and Disability benefit rider
- LIC’s New Term Assurance rider
This Insurance Company has not partnered with BankBazaar.com. For more details, please visit its website/branch office. The trademarks, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective owners.
GST of 18% is applicable on life insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017