The dates for the Lok Sabha elections have been announced by the Election Commission of India (ECI). Inhabitants of Tamil Nadu can now download their voter ID cards and search for their names online using their name or EPIC number. They can also search for their names on an area wise, district wise, or constituency wise basis on the official website of the Chief Electoral Officer (CEO), Tamil Nadu. Voters can also apply and register online.
Download Tamil Nadu Voter List
To download the Tamil Nadu voter list, follow the steps given below:
- Step 1:Visit the official website of the Chief Electoral Officer, Tamil Nadu.
- Step 2: Click on the tab called “Elections” which is under the ‘'Our Services’' category.
- Step 3: Click on the ‘'Final Electoral Rolls SSR 2020” tab.
- Step 4: Click on the tab “Mother Roll Reprinted SSR 2020” which will redirect to the page that displays the electoral rolls of the state in a PDF format
- Step 5: You can open the page for the polling station details by selecting the “District name” and “Assembly Constituency name”.
- Step 6: Enter the verification code to open the PDF.
- Step 7: The PDF file of the electoral rolls can be downloaded or searched to find your name.
Find Your Name in Tamil Nadu Voter List Online
Follow the steps given below to find your name in the voter list online as well as to download your voter ID card:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the Chief Electoral Officer, Tamil Nadu.
- Step 2: Click on the option called “Our Services / Electoral Services”.
- Step 3: Click on the tab for “Search Voter List” to find your name online. You will be redirected to the page where you can enter either your name or date of birth or the name of your assembly constituency or district or location on the map to find your name on the voter ID list.
In case you do not find your name on the list, then you would have to fill out the Form 6 which is for inclusion of your name in the Tamil Nadu voter list.