Income tax forms are forms that need to be filled and submitted when one files for taxes. ITR 2A form is also a tax form that was introduced just recently. It is a income tax return form for salaried individuals and members of Hindu United Families who own more than one house property and don’t earn income from capital gains.
When should one e-file Income Tax Return?
Given below are cases where in one should compulsorily e-file for Income Tax return.
- If the individual’s gross income exceeds Rs.5 lakh
- If the individual is seeking a refund
- The individual has foreign assets and income
Structure of ITR 2A:
Given below is the structure of ITR 2A form. The form is divided into different forms and schedules.
- Part-A: This part of ITR 2A includes personal details of the individual along with the filing status
- Part-B-TI: This part of the form deals with the computation of total income
- Part B-TTI: Computation of tax liability on total income
- Tax Payments: This contains details of payments of advance tax and tax on self-assessment. It also contains details of tax deducted at source on Salaries and Tax deducted at source on non-Salary income
- Schedule-S: Computation of income earned from salary
- Schedule-HP: Computation of income under the head Income from House Property
- Schedule-OS: Computation of income under the head Income from other sources.
- Schedule-CYLA: Statement of income after set off of current year’s losses
- Schedule-BFLA: Statement of income after set off of unabsorbed loss brought forward from earlier years.
- Schedule- CFL: Statement of losses to be carried forward to future years.
- Schedule-VIA: Statement of deductions (from total income) under Chapter VIA.
- Schedule 80G: Statement of donations entitled for deduction under section 80G
- Schedule SPI: Statement of income arising to spouse/ minor child/ son’s wife or any other person or association of persons to be included in the income of assessee in Schedules-HP, CG and OS.
- Schedule-SI: Statement of income which is chargeable to tax at special rates
- Schedule-EI: Statement of Income not included in total income (exempt incomes)
- Schedule-5A: Statement of apportionment of income between spouses governed by Portuguese Civil Code.
Who can file using ITR 2A?
- Itr 2a is applicable for individuals who are salaried and own more than one property and do not possess any capital gains
- Individuals with long term capital gains from certain transactions where the security transaction tax is paid can apply using ITR 2A
- NRIs can also use ITR 2A form
Who is not Eligible to Use ITR 2A?
- Any individual who earns income from capital gains
- Individuals who earn income from business or profession
- Residents of India who own a foreign asset
- Residents who earn income from outside the country
Itr 2a Form Download:
ITR 2A form can be downloaded from the Income Tax filing website forms download section. The form can be downloaded for free with no additional cost.
Download: ITR 2A - Excel Format.