Every Indian citizen who pays income tax have to file his/her income tax return (ITR) at the end of the financial year. ITR can be filed online on the e-filing website of the Income Tax Department of India.
On the website, people have to:
- Select the ITR form applicable to them.
- Download the Excel/Java Utility for the form.
- Fill the form, validate it and generate XML file for the same.
- Save the XML file and upload it on the e-filing website.
Note – If people select form ITR 1 and ITR 4S, then they can file their ITR online using the ‘Quick e-file ITR’ option that is present on the e-filing website.
On submission, the website will display ITR-V (ITR Verification) in case of successful submission. If people do not e-verify their ITR-V or provide their Digital Signature, then they have to save and print their ITR-V and send it to CPC Bangalore to verify it.
Process to Check ITR-V Receipt Status?
Once people send their ITR-V, they can easily find out if CPC Bangalore has received it or not. On receiving, CPC Bangalore will confirm that it has received the ITR-V through an email. People can easily check their ITR-V receipt status online on the website of the Income Tax Department of India. If the status says not received for 10 days, then they can contact on the helpline number for information.
Follow the steps mentioned below to check the receipt status:
- On the website, click on ‘ITR-V Receipt Status’.
- You will be directed to another page where you have to provide certain information such as PAN and Assessment Year. You also have choose how you wish to know the status:
- by PAN and Assessment Year, or,
- eFiling Acknowledgement Number.
- Enter the captcha code.
- Click on ‘Submit’.
You can also check the ITR-V receipt status on some third-party websites.
How to Check the Status of ITR-V?
Once the Income Tax Return (ITR) is filed, it is important to validate the same by verifying the ITR-V receipt online or by sending to the Central Processing Centre (CPC) of the taxpayer. An individual can easily check the status of his/her ITR-V by following the steps mentioned below:
Step – 1: Visit the official income tax filing portal at https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home
Step – 2: From the menu on the left side of the home screen, click on the ‘ITR Status’ option.
Step – 3: The user will be redirected to a new webpage.
Step – 4: On this new page, the user will be required to fill in his/her Permanent Account Number (PAN) and the Acknowledgement Number which is generated at the end of the ITR filing process. These two fields will be followed by a Captcha code which is required to be filled in the assigned field.
Step – 5: Once the steps mentioned above are completed, the user will be required to click on the 'Submit' button.
Tax Top Pages
- Tax Credit
- Stamp Duty
- Withholding Tax
- Cancelled Cheque
- Income Tax Act
- Tax Evasion
- Tax Rebate
- Gross Salary
- Professional Tax
- Trademark Registration
- Corporate Tax
- Net Salary
- Tax Exemption
- Advance Tax Payment
- Gst News
- Ghmc Property Tax
- Form 15G
- Deferred Tax
- Marginal Tax Rate
- Csd Price List For Cars Bikes
Tax Trending Pages
- Auditor Appointment As Per Section 288
- Base Erosion And Profit Shifting
- Basic Salary
- Benefits And Drawbacks Of Huf
- Benefits Of Tax Exemption
- B Khata Property Tax
- Calculate Income From Other Sources
- Calculating Interest Penalty Under Sections 234A 234B And 234C
- Capital Gain Exemption
- Capital Gains Account Scheme
- Capital Gains Bonds
- Capital Gains On Mutual Funds
- Capital Gain Tax On Sale Of Property
- Case Study On Home Loan
- Case Study On Pre Construction
- Central Excise Act
- Central Excise And Service Tax
- Central Excise Duty
- Central Sales Tax
- Central Sales Tax Act