Every Indian citizen who pays income tax have to file his/her income tax return (ITR) at the end of the financial year. ITR can be filed online on the e-filing website of the Income Tax Department of India.
On the website, people have to:
- Select the ITR form applicable to them.
- Download the Excel/Java Utility for the form.
- Fill the form, validate it and generate XML file for the same.
- Save the XML file and upload it on the e-filing website.
Note – If people select form ITR 1 and ITR 4S, then they can file their ITR online using the ‘Quick e-file ITR’ option that is present on the e-filing website.
On submission, the website will display ITR-V (ITR Verification) in case of successful submission. If people do not e-verify their ITR-V or provide their Digital Signature, then they have to save and print their ITR-V and send it to CPC Bangalore to verify it.
Process to Check ITR-V Receipt Status?
Once people send their ITR-V, they can easily find out if CPC Bangalore has received it or not. On receiving, CPC Bangalore will confirm that it has received the ITR-V through an email. People can easily check their ITR-V receipt status online on the website of the Income Tax Department of India. If the status says not received for 10 days, then they can contact on the helpline number for information.
Follow the steps mentioned below to check the receipt status:
- On the website, click on ‘ITR-V Receipt Status’.
- You will be directed to another page where you have to provide certain information such as PAN and Assessment Year. You also have choose how you wish to know the status:
- by PAN and Assessment Year, or,
- eFiling Acknowledgement Number.
- Enter the captcha code.
- Click on ‘Submit’.
You can also check the ITR-V receipt status on some third-party websites.
How to Check the Status of ITR-V?
Once the Income Tax Return (ITR) is filed, it is important to validate the same by verifying the ITR-V receipt online or by sending to the Central Processing Centre (CPC) of the taxpayer. An individual can easily check the status of his/her ITR-V by following the steps mentioned below:
Step – 1: Visit the official income tax filing portal at https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home
Step – 2: From the menu on the left side of the home screen, click on the ‘ITR Status’ option.
Step – 3: The user will be redirected to a new webpage.
Step – 4: On this new page, the user will be required to fill in his/her Permanent Account Number (PAN) and the Acknowledgement Number which is generated at the end of the ITR filing process. These two fields will be followed by a Captcha code which is required to be filled in the assigned field.
Step – 5: Once the steps mentioned above are completed, the user will be required to click on the 'Submit' button.
- Income Tax
- Income Tax Slab
- Income Tax Slabs 2017-2018
- Income Tax Return
- Income Tax Refund
- Income Tax for Senior Citizens
- Which ITR To File
- Medical Reimbursement
- ITR-V to Income Tax Department
- Income Tax For Pensioners
- Income Tax Calculator
- Income From Other Sources
- Income From House Property
- How To Calculate Income Tax
- e-Filing ITR
- How To Calculate TDS From Salary
- How To Claim TDS Refund
- Conveyance Allowance
- Dearness Allowance
- Leave Travel Allowance
- Special Allowance
- TDS Rates Chart
- TDS Rates 2016
- Medical Allowance
- Tax Benefit On Tuition Fees
- City Compensation Allowance
- Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement
- Tax Exemptions
- Tax Benefits On Loans
- Tan Number
- How To File TDS Returns
- Tax Deductions Under 80C
- Tax Benefits For Consultants
- Advance Tax Exception
- TDS on Immovable Property
- Fringe Benefit Tax
- Tax Benefits For Education Loans