The GST Certification Course is offered by the Ministry of MSME (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises). The aim of the course is to help businessmen, accountants, Chartered Accountants (CAs) Certified Management Accountants (CMAs), Company Secretaries (CSs), and other professionals to enhance their knowledge regarding the Goods and Services Tax by offering specialised, updated knowledge systematically, improving their problem-solving and analytical skills to enhance decision making, and imparting skills and knowledge required for self-employment and employment in the industry.
Benefits of GST Certification Course
The following are the benefits of the GST Certification Course:
- It helps in raising an individual’s salary by 15% to 25% on average.
- It increases the number of job opportunities available to individuals.
- It enables individuals to start their own consultancy.
- It helps develop skills of different taxation, finance, and accounting professionals.
- It offers a classroom-environment for better learning along with structured course content.
Details Regarding GST Certification Course
The duration of the GST Certification Course is only four days and it can be undertaken on the weekends. Class timings actualise from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and the fee to enrol for the course is Rs.7,500 (including GST). Candidates who apply for the course through payment modes such as UPI, NEFT, and other cashless modes can avail a discount of 5% on the GST applicable to the course fee.
Who is the GST Certification Course for?
The GST Certification Course can be attended by the following entities:
- Graduates of arts or commerce or engineering, Chartered accountants, Certified Management Accountants, Company Secretaries, and law aspirants.
- Professionals moving from the finance domain to taxation.
- Individuals who want career opportunities in taxation.
- Finance professionals who wish to meet their own professional requirements in taxation.
Syllabus of GST Certification Course
The following definitions and concepts under the Goods and Services Tax will be covered by the GST Certification Course:
- GST Levy
- GST Time of Supply
- GST Place of Supply
- Transitional problems
- Input Tax Credit
- GST Valuation
- GST Returns
- GST Registration
- GST Payment
- GST Assessment
- GST Refund
- GST Penalties
- GST Offences
- GST Advance Ruling
- GST FTP
- GST Customs Duty
- GST Moot Court
- GST Ethical Practice
The Goods and Services Tax was among the biggest tax changes India has ever seen. A shift in tax paradigm materialised when the country implemented GST on the 1st of July, 2017. In order to keep up with the changes and to ensure that awareness is increasing with each passing day, the Ministry of MSME has decided to offer the GST Certification Course. Individuals who undertake the course and complete it successfully will receive a certificate on the final day of the course. Individuals can access the official website of the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Agra, at www.ppdcagra.in.