Tamil Nadu Value Added Tax is basically a levy by the Central Government of India on the products and services provided to the end consumer in India. The Modi Government has recently replaced all indirect tax regimes with GST!
It takes very little effort to file TN VAT returns online. This can be done by the dealer, him or herself or anyone else keeping in mind that all the accurate details for tax filing are available to him or her as well as the login details to the website is available to them. It is advisable to have it done online, since it not only saves time but saves from hassles such as activating offline banking or visiting the bank physically. E-filing also requires an internet banking which is available to customers of most well-known banks in India, including Government banks.
Steps To E-File TN VAT Returns
E-Filing of Returns Top Dealers can file returns through internet by accessing the site https://ctd.tn.gov.in/home Here are the following steps to for filing returns on TN VAT.
- Log on to the home page.
- Enter your TPIN and designated password and click Submit.
- Click on the e Returns button on the page.
- From the choices that are displayed, select Monthly Returns.
- On the Monthly Returns menu page, various form names will be displayed.
- For instance, click on Form I which is the Returns page, which will redirect you to a page where you have to select the month and year you are filing TN VAT for.
- Once you click ‘Submit’, you will be prompted to fill in the return values based the proforma of ‘Form I’.
- Fill the values in respective columns based on the transaction that the dealer or you have performed during that month.
- Click on ‘Save’ to save the entries that you have made.
- Confirm the entries, once prompted on the screen.
- Once you have confirmed all the entries, you will be directed to fill the payment /Input Tax Credit details.
- Here, you have to fill the values pertaining to the payment/Input Tax Credit details in this screen and click ‘Save’ for saving.
- You will then have to fill the ‘Annexure I’ details where you have two options. You can either file it online, here or upload as an ‘Excel File attachment’ in the specified format as mentioned on the page.
- The uploading feature allows you to browse and upload from the system. However, make sure you have followed the required guidelines.
- The Annexure I form is however easy to fill up online.
- Once submitted the form, you can switch over to ‘Annexure II/Annexure III/Annexure IV/Declaration’ by selecting the respective buttons available on the top of the screen and fill them up in the same way.
- Once all Annexure have been filled, click on the the Declaration button.
- Here simply fill up the company or dealer name and click on ‘Confirm.’
On the same website you can also view your filed returns as long you have the TPIN credentials. Here is how:
- Before Confirmation, you can view the details of form I, Form I Payment details, Annexure I, Annexure II, Annexure III, View Annexure IV – Input Tax Paid, View Annexure IV – Export by simply clicking the labeled links.
- After you have seen and viewed the details on the screen, you can make necessary changes by selecting the adequate button in the top of menu or confirm the entry.
- Once the entry is confirmed the user cannot change any data with respect to that particular month and year return.
- On click of ‘View Form I’ link the page will try to open the Form-I file in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- On click of ‘Open’ button you will have access to view the respective return part you filled online.