The 7th Central Pay Commission mandates that employees who are transferred on official duty or who are retiring are given specific travel allowances as entitlements. There are four important components to this, which includes the reimbursements.
Travelling allowance is provided to employees who are transferred for the purpose of official duty or those who are retiring shortly. The entitlements are described in detail below.
Travel entitlement for family and self - For journeys on transfer of an employee with/without family, the travel entitlements are as follows:
Travel within the country
Pay Level in Pay Matrix Entitlement for Travel 14 and above AC-I by train / Club class or Business class by air 12 and 13 AC-I by train / Economy class by air 6 to 11 AC-II by train / Economy class by air 5 and below First Class, AC-III, or AC Chair car by train
Government officials are allowed to travel by Premium/Premium Tatkal/Suvidha trains. Reimbursement is offered as per Premium Tatkal Charges for bookings. For official tour or training, reimbursement is offered as per dynamic/flexi fare in Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Duronto trains. Travel entitlements for journey in Suvidha/Tatkal/Shatabdi/Duronto/Rajdhani trains will be as follows:
12 and above AC 1st class or Executive (For Premium trains) 6 to 11 AC 2nd class or Chair Car (For Shatabdi trains) 5 and below AC 3rd class or Chair Car
Other travel entitlements are as detailed below:
For travel to places that are not connected by rail, the entitlement is:
- AC bus travel for employees eligible for train travel by AC II tier and above
- Deluxe or ordinary bus for all other employees
- For travel between regions that are connected by rail, the employee can choose to travel by an alternative mode of transport as long as the total fare does not go beyond the train fare in the entitled class.
- All mileage points earned during official travel of employees will be used by the corresponding department for the travel of other officers on duty. In case the employee who earned the reward points uses the same for his/her personal travel needs, departmental action will be taken against him/her.
- If seats are unavailable in the entitled class, the employee can choose to travel in a lower class.
- For travel to places that are not connected by rail, the entitlement is:
- Travel within the country
- Composite Transfer and Packing Grant (CTG) - The Composite Transfer and Packing Grant is paid at 80% of the previous month’s basic pay for transfers to locations that are more than 20 km away. For transfers to and from Lakshadweep, Andaman, and Nicobar Islands, the CTG will be 100% of the previous month’s basic pay.
- Reimbursement of transportation charges on personal items - The details of the same are as shown below:
- Reimbursement of conveyance charges - These charges are as follows:
- Travel entitlement for family and self - The travel entitlements for a retiring employee will be the same as that provided on transfer, as indicated in 1a above.
- Composite Transfer and Packing Grant (CTG) - Composite Transfer and Packing Grant will be paid at 80% of the previous months’ basic pay to retired employees who have settled more than 20 km away from their original stations. In the case of transfer to and from Lakshadweep, Andaman, and Nicobar Islands, the CTG is paid at 100% of the previous months’ basic pay.
- Reimbursement of transportation charges on personal items - This is similar to the entitlement on transfer of an employee, as mentioned in section 1c above.
- Reimbursement of conveyance charges - This is similar to the entitlement on transfer of an employee, as mentioned in section 1d above.
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix Table
- 7th CPC Children Education Allowance
- 7th Pay Commission Pension Calculator
- 7th Pay Commission HRA
- 7th CPC Travelling Allowance
- 7th CPC Ltc Rules
- 7th CPC Leave Rules
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation
- 7th CPC for pbor armed forces
- 7th CPC Fitment Table
- 7th CPC Advances
- 7th CPC Macp Scheme
- 7th Cpc Classification Of Posts
Travelling Allowance (TA) on Transfer
The TA offered on transfer of an employee includes four components:
If transfer is to a place located less than 20 km away from the old station, one third of the composite transfer grant is provided. This is applicable to transfers within the same city as well. However, a change of residence is necessary to be eligible for this grant.
If a husband and wife are transferred individually within a time span of 6 months, 50% of the transfer grant is offered to the spouse who is transferred last.
|Level||By Steamer/Train||By Road|
|12 and above||6,000 kg by 4-wheeler wagon, goods train, or double container||Rs.50/km|
|6 to 11||6,000 kg by 4-wheeler wagon, goods train, or single container||Rs.50/km|
|4 and below||1,500 kg||Rs.15/km|
The rates mentioned above will increase by 25% when there is a 50% hike in Dearness Allowance (DA). The rates for transporting goods by steamer is equal to the rates for transportation in ships operated by the Shipping Corporation of India. The reimbursement claim is processed once all the relevant vouchers are submitted by the employee.
When transporting goods by road, the rates are considered on a per kilometre basis.
|6 and above||1 car or 1 motorcycle/scooter|
|5 and below||1 scooter/motorcycle/bicycle/moped|
Travelling Allowance (TA) for Retiring Employees
The TA for retiring employees has 4 components. These are as follows:
If the retiring employee settles at the last station of duty or within 20 km from that place, he/she will be paid one-third of the CTG as long as there is a change in residence.