Bajaj Auto is one of the leading automobile manufacturers in India. The company is extremely popular for its two wheelers and three wheelers. The company also has a strong foothold in other domains that include iron and steel, lighting, home appliances, finance, insurance, etc.
The market capitalisation of Bajaj Auto, as of early 2018 is more than Rs.85,500 crore.
Bajaj Auto Wealth and Performance:
Q1 FY 2018-19
The key financial highlights of the company’s performance for Q1 FY 2018-19, ended 30 June 2018 are as follows:
- Bajaj Auto recorded an increase of 20.71% in the net profit and stood at Rs.1,115 crore ($161.89 million), as against Rs.924 crore a year earlier.
- The total revenue from operations registered a growth of 27% and stood at Rs.7,419 crore.
- EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) margin, remained flat at 18.4% as compared to a year ago. EBITDA is a measure of company’s operating profitability.
- The sales volumes recorded an increase of 38% and stood at 1.2 million units.
- Net sales of the company registered an increase of 26.6% and stood at Rs.7,267.19 crore, as against Rs.5,740.3 crore a year earlier.
- The total three-wheeler sales recorded an increase of 74% to 1,96,677 units.The growth was attributed to the domestic market.
- The company clocked 94,431 units in the domestic three-wheeler market and recorded a growth of 68.86% to 101,424 units over the previous year.
- Baja Auto registered an increase in the export performance by 24.8% and stood at 4,35,730 units.
The key financial highlights of the company’s performance for the full FY 2017-18, ended 31 March 2018 are as follows:
- The company recorded a turnover of Rs.26,911 crore.
- The Profit After Tax (PAT) stood at Rs.4,068 crore. Bajaj Auto crossed the Rs.4,000 crore mark for PAT for the first time ever.
- The Profit Before Tax (PBT) stood at Rs.5,783.
- The operating EBITDA stood at Rs.5,145 crore.
- The volume recorded an increase of 9% and stood at 40,06,791, as against 36,65,950 in FY17.
- The operating profit stood at Rs.4,829 crore.
- Net sales and Opg Inc. were at Rs.25,424 crore.
The key financial highlights of the company’s performance for the Q4 FY 2017-18, ended 31 March 2018 are as follows:
- The company recorded 11% YoY increase in the turnover and stood Rs.7,140 crore.
- Net sales and Opg Inc. were up 15% YoY and stood at Rs,6,849 crore.
- EBITDA stood at Rs.1,431 crore and increased 8%.
- The operating profit recorded a growth of 8% and stood at Rs.1,343 crore.
- The PBT stood at Rs.1,594 crore and registered 8% increase.
- The PAT stood at Rs.1,080 crore, up 6% YoY.
- Sales volume recorded a growth of 18% and stood at 1,662,577 units.
- The operating revenue of Bajaj Auto stands at more than Rs.24,000 crore (TTM). The other income for Bajaj Auto went up to Rs.1,140.27 crore (TTM). The total income went up to over Rs.25,000 crore(TTM). The expenses, on the other hand, went up to Rs.19,631.84 crore (TTM). The operating profit stood at Rs.5,511.22 crore (TTM).
- In FY 2016-2017 (till March 2017) the operating revenue stood at more than Rs.21,000 crore. The other income generated by Bajaj Auto was Rs.1223.47 crore. The total income went up to Rs.22,990.15 crore. The total expenses for the company was more than Rs.17,000 crore.
- From March 2017 to June 2017, the revenue earned by Bajaj Auto was more than Rs.5,500 crore. The other income during this time stood at a little over Rs.323 crore. The total earning during this quarter was more than Rs.6,000 crore. The total expenses stood at Rs.4,916 crore.
- From June 2017 to September 2017, the revenue earned by Bajaj Auto stood at Rs.6,566.43 crore. The other income was also higher than the last quarter and it was recorded at Rs.297.18 crore. The total income of the company crossed Rs.6,800 crore. The total expenses met by Bajaj Auto during this quarter stood at Rs.5,268.96 crore.
- From September 2017 to December 2017, the revenue earned by the organisation was more than Rs.6,300 crore. The other income was lower than the last quarter and stood at Rs.225.8 crore. The total income of Bajaj Auto went up to over Rs.6,500 crore. The expenses were slightly low compared to the previous quarter. It stood at over Rs.5,100 crore during this time.
Bajaj Auto Stock Trends in 2018:
- On 1 January 2018, the Open Price of Bajaj Auto stocks stood at Rs.3,326 at BSE and Rs.3,340 at NSE. The Close Price was Rs.3,293.40 and Rs.3289.25 at BSE and NSE, respectively. The High Price at NSE was Rs.3,345 and Rs.3,348 at BSE. The Low Price was recorded at Rs.3,293.40 and Rs.3,289.25, respectively, at both stock exchanges. By the end of the month, the Open Price went up slightly and stood at Rs.3,352 (BSE) and Rs.3,348 (NSE). The Close Price was recorded at Rs.3,338 at BSE and Rs.3,337.15 at NSE.
- The Open Price on 1 February 2018 was Rs.3,325 at BSE and Rs.3,340 at NSE. The High Price was Rs.3,421 and Rs.3,418 at NSE and BSE, respectively. The Close Price stood at Rs.3,409.50 (BSE) and Rs.3,412.95 (NSE). The Low Price for Bajaj Stocks during this time stood at Rs.3,297.85 and Rs.3,290 at BSE and NSE, respectively. By the end of the month, the Open Price went down a little at both at BSE and NSE and stood at Rs.3,010. The Close Price was recorded at Rs.3018.80 and Rs.3,020.60 at BSE and NSE, respectively.
- The price of the stock at the beginning of March stood at Rs.3,067 on NSE. The scrip fell throughout the month by 292 and stood at Rs.2,775 by the end.
- In the month of April, the price of the stock picked up the pace by around 220 points. The opening price of the stock by the end of April 2018 was Rs.2,972.
- The scrip had a good start in the month of May and stood at Rs.3,019. However, it continued to fall throughout the month by around 245 points. By the end of May, the price of the stock stood at Rs.2,775.
- In the month of June, the price of the stock increased by around by 200 points and reached Rs.2,908. However, it fell towards the end of the month and stood at Rs.2,720.
- The price of the stock picked up the pace by around 325 points in the month of July and reached Rs.3,137 by mid-month. However, it fell towards the end of the month by around 460 points and stood at Rs.2,678.
- In the month of August, the scrip was stable and changed marginally. The opening price of the stock by the end of August was Rs.2,720.
- As on 12 September 2018, the price of the stock stood at Rs.2,836.
Bajaj Auto Stock Trends in 2016 and 2017:
- The Open Price on 1 January 2016 was almost the same at both BSE and NSE. The Close Price was recorded at Rs.2,520.05 (BSE) and Rs.2,518 (NSE). The High Price for the Bajaj Auto stocks during this time was Rs.2,530 at BSE and marginally higher at NSE. By the end of the month, there was a downward trend was noticed. On 29 January 2016, the Open Price stood at Rs.2,270 at both stock exchanges. The Close Price were almost the same at BSE and NSE.
- The Open Price on 1 April 2016, stood at Rs.2,407 at BSE and Rs.2,410 at NSE. The High Price was recorded at Rs.2,424.95 and Rs.2,427.40 at BSE and NSE, respectively. The Close Price was recorded at Rs.2,419.85 and Rs.2,417.15 at NSE and BSE, respectively. By the end of the month, the Open Price went up a little. It stood at RS.2,487 at NSE and Rs.2,490 at BSE. The High Price crossed the marked of Rs.2,500 at both the stock exchanges. The Close Price was Rs.2,484.60 at BSE and Rs.2,491.95 at NSE.
- On 1 September 2016, the Open Price of Bajaj Auto stocks went further up and stood at Rs.2,980 and Rs.2,978.50 at BSE and NSE, respectively. The High Price was Rs.3,018 at NSE and Rs.3017.05 at BSE. The Close Price stood at Rs.2,996.55 and Rs.2,999 at BSE and NSE, respectively. By the end of the month, the Open Price was recorded at Rs.2,888.80 at BSE and Rs.2,857.95. The High Price stood at Rs.2,857.95 at NSE and Rs.2,888.80 at BSE. The Low Price was recorded at 2,832.15 and Rs.2,827.60 at BSE and NSE, respectively.
- The Open Price on 1 December 2016 stood at Rs.2,680.55 at BSE and at Rs.2,684 at NSE. The High Price of Bajaj Auto stocks stood at Rs.2,718 and Rs.2,714 at NSE and BSE, respectively. The Close Price stood at Rs.2,685.15 at BSE and Rs.2,694.90 at NSE. The Low Price stood at Rs.2,718 at NSE and Rs.2,714 at BSE. The Open Price went down slightly by the end of the month and on 30 December 2016 it stood at Rs.2,655.55 (BSE) and Rs.2,684 (NSE). The High Price at BSE was Rs.2,667 and the same at NSE was Rs.2,718. The Close Price stood at Rs.2,694.90 and Rs.2,633.85 at NSE and BSE, respectively.
- The Open Price at the beginning of January 2017 stood at Rs.2,640 (BSE) and Rs.2,642.70 (NSE). The Close Price was recorded at Rs.2,552 at NSE and Rs.2,556 at BSE. The High Price at both stock exchange crossed Rs.2,650. By the end of the month, Open Price went up slightly for the Bajaj Auto stocks. The Open Price at BSE was Rs.2,825.35 and at NSE it was Rs.2,821.10. The High Price crossed the Rs.2,900 mark at both BSE and NSE.
- The Open Price at the beginning of April was Rs.2,800 (BSE) and Rs.2,808.40 (NSE). The High Price at NSE stood at Rs.2,837.50 and at BSE it stood at 2,783.90. Towards the end of the month, the Open Price stood at Rs.2,888.05 at BSE and Rs.2,870.15 at NSE. The Close Price stood at Rs.2,860.60 and Rs.2,866.05 at BSE and NSE, respectively.
- On 1 September 2017, the Open Price stood at Rs.2,830 at BSE and Rs.2,827.90 at NSE. The High Price at NSE was Rs.2,935 and the same at BSE was Rs.2,937.20. The Close price stood at Rs.2,918.65 and Rs.2,916.35 at BSE and NSE, respectively. By the end of month, the Open Price stood at Rs.3,064 and Rs.3,066 at NSE and BSE, respectively. The Close Price was Rs.3,108.15 at BSE and Rs.3,109.40 at NSE.
- On 1 December 2017, an upward trend was recorded for the Bajaj Auto stocks. The Open Price stood at Rs.3,344 at BSE and this was also the High Price recorded on that day. The Close Price stood at Rs.3,216.90 and Rs.3,212.65 at NSE and BSE, respectively. Towards the end of the month, the Open Price went further up. It was recorded at Rs.3,295 at NSE. However, at BSE it went down slightly and stood at Rs.3,333 on 29 December 2017. The Close Price was recorded at Rs.3,323.20 and Rs.2,222.60 at BSE and NSE, respectively.
Should I invest in Bajaj Auto stocks?
The Bajaj Group is one of the top business houses in this country. It has a strong foothold in various domains like manufacture of three wheelers, manufacture of two wheelers, home appliances, iron and steel, finance, insurance, etc.
Determination, resourcefulness, dedication, and integrity defines Bajaj Group in today’s world. The pros of buying the Bajaj Auto stocks are:
- Debt is very low.
- You can expect great return on equity.
The EPS growth rate for Bajaj Auto stocks is mediocre. However, ensure that you do substantial research before you invest in any stock.
The Bajaj Group is one of the leading companies in India and it has a strong in various domains of business like manufacture of three wheelers, manufacture of two wheelers, home appliances, iron and steel, finance, insurance, etc. Bajaj Auto is the flagship company of the group and it is ranked as the fourth largest two and three wheeler manufacturer across the globe. This brand is extremely popular in countries in Africa, Latin America, Middle East, South and South East Asia, etc.
The company was established by Jamnalal Bajaj is the year 1926. The company celebrated its 125th birthday on 4 November 2014.
History of Bajaj Auto:
Jamnalal Bajaj, the adopted son of Mahatma Gandhi, established the Bajaj Group in the year 1926, the time when the struggle for freedom under the British rule was at its zenith. The company was taken over by his son Kamalnayan Bajaj in the year 1942, when he was only 27 years old. After India won the freedom struggle in 1947, Bajaj Group flourished and became extremely successful.
Management of Bajaj:
Rahul Bajaj – Rahul Bajaj is the Chairman of Bajaj Group of Companies. He completed his graduation in Economics and Law. He is also a Business Graduate from the Harvard Business School. In 1968, he was the CEO of Bajaj Group. Later on he became the head of Bajaj Group.
Rajiv Bajaj – Rajiv Bajaj is the MD of Bajaj Group of Companies. He completed Mechanical Engineering from the Pune University in the year 1988. In 1990, he did his masters from Warwick University in Manufacturing Systems Engineering. At Bajaj, he worked in different sectors like Manufacturing and Supply, R&D, and Marketing and Sales. Since April 2005, Rajiv Bajaj has served the company as its Managing Director.
Bajaj Auto Listings and Indices:
Bajaj Auto is a part of the different indices. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Nifty 200
- Nifty 500
- Nifty 100
- S&P BSE 200
- S&P BSE 100
- S&P BSE Auto
- S&P BSE Sensex
BSE – 532977
NSE - BAJAJ-AUTO
ISIN - INE917I01010
Sector - AUTO-2&3WHEELERS
Bajaj Auto Contact
Phone – 02066104120
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Stocks vs. Mutual Funds: here's what we recommend
Stock market investments require a lot of research and knowledge. They do not generally offer any tax benefits and are regarded as high-risk investments. Hence,it is crucial to have a diversified portfolio. At Bankbazaar, we encourage our readers to invest on mutual funds . It doesn't require a lot of knowledge and equity linked mutual fund schemes offer tax benefits. Additionally, since mutual funds comprise stocks from multiple companies, they help in building a diversified portfolio.
DISCLAIMER: The contents of this post/blog does not constitute financial or other professional advice nor does it imply in any manner a principal-agent relationship, and is not a professional advice on a specific financial matter.