HCL or Hindustan Computers Limited is an Indian multinational organisation that offers IT services. The company has its headquarters in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. HCL Technologies is a subsidiary of the HCL Enterprise.
*Note: Prices that are specified above is based on INR
HCL Historical Share Price (NSE)
The market capitalisation of HCL Technologies, as of early 2018 is more than Rs.134,000 crore.
HCL Technologies Wealth and Performance:
Q1 FY 2018-19
- For the quarter ended on June 30, 2018, HCL Technologies Limited reported its consolidated revenues from operations to be at Rs.13,878 crore. With respect to the same quarter of the previous year, this marks an increase of 14.2%.
- The company’s net income registered a growth of 10.7% y-o-y with the final figure reported to be at Rs.2,403 crore at the end of the June quarter for the FY 2018-19.
- Considering its consolidated profit before tax, HCL Technologies reported the figure to be at Rs.3,066 crore for the quarter, as against a PBT of Rs.2,762 crore reported for the same quarter of the previous fiscal year.
- The company’s basic earnings per share (EPS) grew from Rs.15.49 to Rs.17.46 y-o-y.
- For the year ended on March 31, 2018, HCL Technologies Limited reported its consolidated total income to be Rs.51,786 crore, in comparison to Rs.48,641 crore disclosed at the end of the previous fiscal year.
- The company’s expenses for the period registered a growth of a little over Rs.1,500 crore y-o-y. Consequently, this impacted the profitability of the company.
- The consolidated profit before tax of HCL Technologies Limited was disclosed to be Rs.11,024 crore, in comparison to Rs.10,542 crore revealed as on March 31, 2017. Similarly, the company’s profit after tax was stated to be Rs.8,722 crore - a marginal increase over the profit reported for the same period, last year.
- On a y-o-y basis, the company’s basic earnings per share grew from Rs.60.33 to Rs.62.23.
- As of March 31, 2018, HCL Technologies reported its consolidated financial liabilities to be at Rs.338 crore - an improvement with respect to the previous financial year.
- The total sales turnover at the end of FY 2016-2017 was Rs.19,318.21 crore. The total income crossed the Rs.20,000 crore mark.
- At the end of June 2017, the net sales turnover for HCL for the quarter stood at Rs.5,179 crore. The other income went up to Rs.199 crore. The total income was more than Rs.5,300 crore.
- The employee expenses was more than Rs.1,700 crore during that quarter. The total expenses came up to a total of Rs.3,067 crore.
- At the end of September 2017, the net sales turnover stood at Rs.5,460 crore. The other income went up to Rs.162 crore. The total income of HCL Technologies stood at Rs.5,622 crore. The employee expenses went up to more than Rs.1,800 crore. Other expense were recorded at Rs.1,275 crore. The total expense during this quarter stood at Rs.3,161 crore.
- The net sales turnover stood at Rs.5,723 crore. The other income went up to Rs.143 crore. The total income of HCL was more than Rs.5,800 crore.
- The employee expenses came up to a total of Rs.1,878 crore and other expense went up to Rs.1,305 crore.
- The total expenses of HCL Technologies stood at Rs.3,182 crore.
HCL Technologies Stock Trends in 2018:
- The Open Price on 1 January 2018 stood at Rs.885.25 at BSE and 889 at NSE. The High Price stood at Rs.890.70 and Rs.890.50 at NSE and BSE, respectively. The Low Price was Rs.879.35 (BSE) and Rs.875.95 (NSE). The Close Price at NSE was Rs.878.70 and the Close Price at BSE was Rs.881. By the end of the month, the Open Price for HCL Technologies stocks showed an upward trend. It stood at Rs.1,000.30 at BSE and Rs.999.95 at NSE. The High Price was Rs.1,017.90 and Rs.1,014.70 at NSE and BSE, respectively. The Close Price stood at Rs.985.65 (BSE) and Rs.986.55 (NSE). The Low Price at both BSE and NSE crossed Rs.980.
- On 1 February 2018, the Open Price stood at Rs.985 and Rs.982.10 at BSE and NSE, respectively. The High Price stood at Rs.1,031 and Rs.1,014.95 at BSE and NSE, respectively. The Low Price at NSE was Rs.969 and the Low Price at BSE was Rs.972.95. The Close Price stood at Rs.985.65 (BSE) and Rs.984.90 (NSE). By the end of the month, the Open Price went down slightly and it stood at Rs.946.10 at BSE and Rs.954.90 at NSE. The High Price was recorded at Rs.958.35 and Rs.957.40 at NSE and BSE, respectively. The Low Price was Rs.937 at BSE and Rs.935 at NSE. The Close Price stood at Rs.940.30 at both BSE and NSE.
- On March 1, 2018, the opening share price of HCL Technologies was observed to be Rs.943.80 on the NSE. Over the course of the month, the shares didn’t make any noticeable gains. The scrip managed to end the month on a positive note at Rs.968.60 on the NSE.
- The month of April proved to be a landmark month for the investors. The scrip moved up to deliver exceptional gains in this period. The HCL Tech share price reached its 52-week high at Rs.1,108 on the NSE, which was soon followed by a sharp nosedive.
- Owing to this sharp fall, the HCL Tech shares were back to their previous levels at Rs.920 by early May. In the same month, the company announced an interim dividend of 100%. Through the course of May and June, the stock price of HCL Technologies Limited remained at levels below Rs.940.
- The month of July brought some relief to the investors as the shares managed to make some gains. The scrip rose steadily to cross the Rs.990 mark and on a couple of instances, it ventured into the Rs.1,000 region. However, the shares failed to find momentum at those levels and consequently, they dropped back into the Rs.900 region.
- In early August, the company announced an interim dividend of 100%. This announcement was followed by a bull run and this time, the shares managed to cross the psychologically important mark of Rs.1,000. The steady rise was seen well into the month of September, with the shares trading at levels above Rs.1,020.
HCL Technologies Stock trends in 2016 and 2017:
- The Open Price on 1 January 2016 stood at Rs.848 and Rs.855 at BSE and NSE, respectively. The High Price was Rs.855.10 at NSE and Rs.853.30 at BSE. The Low Price stood at Rs.844.20 (BSE) and Rs.843.50 (NSE). The Close Price stood at Rs.845.85 and Rs.845.50 at NSE and BSE, respectively. By the end of the month, on 29 January 2016, the Open Price at NSE stood at Rs.845.25 and the Open Price at BSE stood at Rs.845. The High Price hovered around Rs.870 at both stock exchange. The Low Price at BSE stood at Rs.842.35, which was marginally higher than the Low Price at NSE. The Price at BSE was Rs.866 and the same at NSE stood at Rs.865.75.
- On 1 April 2016, the Open Price stood at Rs.828.90 at BSE and Rs.820 at NSE. The High Price stood at Rs.824 (NSE) and Rs.828.90 (BSE). The Close price at NSE was 820.40 and the same at BSE was Rs.820.70. The Low Price during this time hovered around Rs.807 at both stock exchange. By the end of the month, the Open Price of HCL stocks went down slightly. It stood at Rs.795 at BSE and Rs.794 at NSE. The Low Price stood at Rs.748.20 (BSE) and Rs.747.20 (NSE). The Close Price stood at Rs.750.30 and Rs.750.45 at NSE and BSE, respectively.
- On 1 September 2016, the Open Price stood at Rs.781.30 at NSE and Rs.783 at BSE. The High Price was Rs.789 at BSE and marginally higher at NSE. The Close Price at NSE stood at Rs.783.80 and at BSE it stood at Rs.784.35. Towards the end of the month, on 29 September 2016, the Open Price stood at Rs.798.05 at BSE and Rs.799 at NSE. The High Price crossed the Rs.800 mark at both stock exchange. The Close Price at NSE stood at Rs.791.05 and the Close Price at BSE stood at Rs.792.45
- The Open Price went up slightly in December. On 1 December 2016, the Open Price stood at Rs.803.15 (BSE) and Rs.803.90 (NSE). The Low Price stood at Rs.792 at both NSE and BSE at that time. The Close Price at NSE was Rs.803.10 and at BSE it was Rs.801.70. By the end of the month, the Open Price for HCL Technologies stocks showed an upward trend. It stood at Rs.819.60 at BSE and Rs.822 at NSE. The High Price at NSE was Rs.830 and the High Price at BSE was Rs.830.35. The Close Price stood at Rs.827.40 and Rs.827.95 at BSE and NSE, respectively.
- On 2 January 2017, the Open Price stood at Rs.825 at BSE and Rs.823 at NSE. The High Price at NSE was Rs.834 and the High Price at BSE was Rs.833.70. The Close Price stood at Rs.829.30 and Rs.828.50 at BSE and NSE, respectively. By the end of the month, the Open Price of HCL Technologies stocks went up a little. The Open Price at BSE stood at Rs.835.45 and the same at NSE stood at Rs.835.25. The Close Price stood at Rs.811.15 and 808.85 at NSE and BSE, respectively. The Low Price hovered around Rs.787 at both the stock exchange.
- On 3 April 2017, the Open Price stood at Rs.875 at BSE and Rs.874 at NSE. The Low Price at NSE was Rs.858.50 and the Low Price at BSE was Rs.859.60. The Close Price stood at Rs.865.20 and Rs.866.25 at BSE and NSE, respectively. Towards the end of the month, a downward trend in the Open Price was noticed. On 28 April 2017, the Open Price stood at Rs.818.90 and Rs.812.90 at BSE and NSE, respectively. The High Price stood at Rs.820 at NSE and Rs.819.85 at BSE. The Close Price at BSE was Rs.812.30 and the Close price at NSE was Rs.814.10.
- On 1 September 2017, the Open Price stood at Rs.866.10 at BSE and Rs.863 at NSE. The High Price at NSE at stood at Rs.885 and the High Price at BSE stood at Rs.869.70. The Close Price was Rs.865.20 and Rs.865.75 at BSE and NSE, respectively. By the end of the month, the Open Price went up slightly. The Open Price at BSE was Rs.877.05 at BSE on 29 September 2017. On the same day, the Open Price at stood at Rs.877 at NSE. The Close Price stood at Rs.874.80 and Rs.874.50 at NSE and BSE, respectively.
- On 1 December 2017, the Open Price stood at Rs.850 at BSE and Rs.847 at NSE. The Close Price stood at Rs.830 at NSE and Rs.829.55 at BSE. Towards the end of the month, the Open Price stood at Rs.880.90 (BSE) and Rs.878.30 (NSE). The Close Price was Rs.890.50 and Rs.890.65 at NSE and BSE, respectively.
Should I invest in HCL Technologies stocks?
HCL Technologies is one of the leading multinational companies in India that offers IT services. HCL Technologies did well after the recession in 2008. In the next 5 years, the stocks offered 300% gains. The growth is not as great as that period now. However, it can surely rise in the future. Ensure that you perform substantial research before you invest in any stock.
HCL Technologies Limited is a multinational organisation that that offers IT services and it is headquartered in Noida, UP. Some of the services provided by HCL Technologies include remote infrastructure management, enterprise transformation, etc. HCL tech has its offices spread across 34 countries including Germany, France, the United States of America, etc.
History of HCL Technologies:
In the year 1976, six engineers led by Shiv Nadar established an organisation that would manufacture PCs or Personal Computers. In 1991, an organisation named HCL Overseas Limited was incorporated as the tech development service provider. In 1994, the company’s name was changed to HCL Consulting Limited. In the year 1999, the organisation was finally named HCL Technologies Limited.
Management of HCL Tech:
Shiv Nadar – Mr. Nadar is the Chairman and Founder of HCL Technologies. He was born and brought up in Tamil Nadu. He was a part of the DCM management trainee system and there he met some people with whom he joined hands and impacted an industry and pioneered modern computing.
Roshni Nadar Malhotra – Roshni Nadar Malhotra is the CEO and Director of HCL Corporation. She is responsible for the strategic decisions with respect to the organisation’s overall direction. She is also a trustee of the Shiv Nadar Foundation.
HCL Technologies stocks listings and indices:
HCL Technologies is a part of several indices. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Nifty 100
- Nifty 200
- Nifty 500
- Nifty 50
- S&P BSE 100
- S&P BSE 500
- S&P BSE AllCap
- S&P BSE Dollex – 200
BSE – 532281
NSE – HCLTECH
ISIN - INE860A01027
Sector - COMPUTERS-SOFTWARE
# 501-503 IVth Floor, Oxford House, Custom Bag Estate, Behind Manipal Hospital,
#690, 5& 6th Floor, Gold Hill Square (GHS), Bommanahalli, Hosur Main Road,
Bangalore, KA 560068
Stocks vs. Mutual Funds: here's what we recommend
Stock market investments require a lot of research and knowledge. They do not generally offer any tax benefits and are regarded as high-risk investments. Hence,it is crucial to have a diversified portfolio. At Bankbazaar, we encourage our readers to invest on mutual funds . It doesn't require a lot of knowledge and equity linked mutual fund schemes offer tax benefits. Additionally, since mutual funds comprise stocks from multiple companies, they help in building a diversified portfolio.
The contents of this post/blog does not constitute financial or other professional advice nor does it imply in any manner a principal-agent relationship, and is not a professional advice on a specific financial matter.