Bosch is one of the leading multinational electronics and engineering company in the world. It is a German organisation and its headquarters are located in Gerlingen. The core products of this organisation include automotive components like controls, brakes, electrical drives, fuel systems, electronics, generators, steering systems, and starter motors.
*Note: Prices that are specified below is based on INR
Bosch Historical Share Price (NSE)
|07- Jun-18||*100* Dividend|
The market capitalisation of Bosch or Robert Bosch GmbH, as of early 2018 stands at over Rs.55,000 crore.
Bosch Wealth and Performance:
Q1 FY 2018-19
- For the quarter ended on June 30, 2018, Bosch Limited reported its total revenue from operations to be at Rs.3,212 crore. With respected to the same quarter of the previous year, this marked an increase of 21.3% in the income from operations.
- The profit before tax (PBT) for the June quarter of the FY 2018-19 stood at Rs.649 crore, in comparison to a PBT of Rs.462 crore reported for the corresponding quarter of the previous year. This marked a growth of 42.4% y-o-y.
- A similar growth was also recorded in the net profit for the period. The figure, as of June 30, 2018, stood at Rs.431 crore as against Rs.303 crore as on June 30, 2017.
- The company’s basic earnings per share (EPS) also grew y-o-y from Rs.99.1 to Rs.141.2.
- In the June quarter, the domestic sales grew by 21.7% while export sales grew by 7.4%. The company’s mobility solutions business also registered a growth of 20.5% in the quarter.
- For the year ended on March 31, 2018, Bosch Limited reported its total revenue from operations to be at Rs.11,872.2 crore. The same figure for the fiscal year 2016-17 was reported to be at Rs.11,243 crore.
- The company’s profit before tax for the FY 2017-18 was reported to be at Rs.2,040 crore, in comparison to Rs.2,094 crore for the previous fiscal year. The profitability was impacted on account of an increases in the expenditure for the year.
- Consequently, the net profit after tax for the year was stated to be at Rs.1,370 crore, as against Rs.1,741 crore reported as on March 31, 2017. As a result, the company’s earnings per share also dropped down from Rs.560.2 to Rs.449.1 y-o-y.
- The company’s mobility solutions business sector registered a growth of 15% over the course of the year. Its domestic sales improved by 14.8% whereas the company’s export sales grew by 16.8%.
- The sales turnover in at the end of FY 2016-2017 stood at Rs.11,242.60 crore. The excise duty charge was a little more than Rs.807 crore.
- The net sales were recorded at Rs.10,435.20 crore. The other income stood at Rs.914.40 crore.
- The total income for Bosch stood at more than Rs.11,000 crore.
- The manufacturing expenses for Bosch stood at Rs.108 crore and the cost of material consumed went up to more than Rs.5,500 crore.
- The personal expenses came up to a total of Rs.1,342.80 crore.
- The selling expenses and the administrative expenses were Rs.78 crore and Rs.1,376.20 crore, respectively.
- The total expenses for Bosch went over Rs.8,400 crore.
- The operating profit for Bosch stood at Rs.1,960.40 crore.
- The EBITDA was Rs.2,577.80 crore for Bosch in 2017.
Bosch Stock Trends in 2018:
- The Open Price stood at Rs.20,169.05 at BSE on 1 January 2018. On the same day, the Open Price at NSE stood at Rs.20,165. The Close Price recorded was Rs.19,791.90 and Rs.19,784.75 at NSE and BSE, respectively. The High Price was Rs.20,170 (BSE) and Rs.20,620 (NSE). By the end of the month, the Open Price stood at Rs.19,540 at BSE and Rs.19,495 at NSE. The Close Price was recorded at Rs.19,400.25 and Rs.19,343.80 at NSE and BSE, respectively. The Low Price at BSE was Rs.19,230.15 and the Low Price at NSE was Rs.19,291.10.
- On 1 February 2018, the Open Price for Bosch stocks stood at Rs.19,549.95 at BSE and Rs.19,475 at NSE. The High Price was recorded at Rs.19,619 and Rs.19,575 at NSE and BSE, respectively. The Low Price stood at Rs.19,337.80 at NSE and Rs.19,300 at BSE. The Close Price was Rs.19,517.85 at NSE and Rs.19,481.85 at BSE. By the end of the month, the Open Price showed a downward trend. The Open Price on 28 February 2018 stood at Rs.18,900.85 at BSE and Rs.18,980 at NSE. The Close Price stood at Rs.18,689 at BSE and Rs.18,687.30 at NSE. The High Price crossed Rs.18,900 at both the stock exchange. The Low Price, however, stood at Rs.18,635 and Rs.18,610 at NSE and BSE, respectively.
- On March 1, 2018, the opening share price of Bosch Limited was observed to be Rs.18,701. Over the course of the month, the scrip moved on to shed marginally on account of turbulence in the international markets. The scrip descended into the Rs.17,000 region and the shares eventually hit their 52-week low at Rs.16,975.
- However, in the final week of March, Bosch Limited stock price spiked sharply on the back of company updates. By early April, the shares were back to their previous levels at Rs.19,800 and they retained their bearings at those levels for the remainder of the month.
- Over the course of May, the stocks, once again, lost a little over 5% to descend into the Rs.18,000 region. The company announced a final dividend of 1,000% in June, although it didn’t do much for the share price. Through the months of June and most of July, the share price of Bosch remained below the Rs.18,000 level.
- In late July, the stock price rose finally to deliver decent gains to the investors. By early August, the shares had ascended back to their previous levels at Rs.19,000. The rise was seen well over the course of the month and on August 31, the shares hit their 52-week high at Rs.22,400.
Bosch Stock Trends in 2016 and 2017:
- On 1 January 2016, the Open Price was Rs.18,612.30 at BSE and Rs.18,650 at NSE. The High Price during this time was recorded at Rs.19,300 and Rs.19,289.95 at NSE and BSE, respectively. The Low Price stood at Rs.18,600 (BSE) and Rs.18,570 (NSE). The Close Price on the same day was Rs.19,199.10 at NSE and Rs.19,189.30 at BSE. Towards the end of the month, the Open Prices saw a downward trend. It stood at Rs.16,960 at BSE and Rs.16,991 at NSE. At both stock exchange, the High Price crossed the mark of Rs.17,600. The Low Price stood at Rs.16,991 and Rs.16,960 at NSE and BSE, respectively. The Close Price was Rs.17,444.25 (BSE) and Rs.17,495.95 (NSE).
- On 1 April 2016, the Open Price stood at Rs.20,825 at NSE and Rs.20,700 at BSE. The High Price was recorded at Rs.20,700 at BSE and Rs.20,825 at NSE. The Close Price stood at Rs.19,888.55 and Rs.19,878.50 at NSE and BSE, respectively. At both the stock exchange, the Low Price crossed the Rs.19,700 mark. Towards the end of the month, the Open Price went slightly down. It stood at Rs.20,065.45 at BSE and Rs.19,948 at NSE on 29 April 2016. The High Price at NSE was RS.20,099.75 and the High Price at BSE was Rs.20,065.45. The Close Price stood at Rs.19,600 and Rs.19,544.90 at BSE and NSE, respectively.
- By September, an upward trend was shown by the Bosch stocks. On 1 September 2016, the Open Price stood at Rs.24,338 (BSE) and Rs.24,280 (NSE). The High Price at NSE stood at Rs.24,629.95. On the other hand, the High Price at BSE was Rs.24,635.50. The Low Price stood at Rs.23,911 at BSE and Rs.23,957 at NSE. The Close Price was Rs.24,118.10 and Rs.24,078.15 at NSE and BSE, respectively. By the end of the month, the Open Price went down slightly and stood at Rs.22,737 at NSE and Rs.22,708.50 at BSE. The High Price was Rs.22,899.95 and Rs.22,903.40 at BSE and NSE, respectively. The Close Price, on 20 September 2016, stood at Rs.22,797.85 at NSE and Rs.22,733.25 at BSE.
- On 1 December 2016, the Open Price stood at Rs.20,511 at NSE and Rs.20,648 at BSE. The High Price stood at Rs.20,648 and Rs.20,550 at BSE and NSE, respectively. The Low Price at both stock exchange went above Rs.20,100. The Close Price, however, stood at Rs.20,382.20 at NSE and Rs.20,363.50 at BSE. By the end of the month, the Open Price went slightly up. On 20 December 2016, the Open Price at BSE was Rs.20,765.80 and Rs.20,700 at NSE. The High Price stood at Rs.21,200 and Rs.21,100 at NSE and BSE, respectively. The Close Price stood at Rs.20,999.40 and Rs.21,049.95 at BSE and NSE, respectively.
- On 2 January 2017, the Open Price stood at Rs.21,105 at BSE and Rs.21,200 at NSE. The High Price was recorded at Rs.21,285.05 and Rs.21,280 at NSE and BSE, respectively. The Close Price was Rs.21,091 (BSE) and Rs.21,096.10 (NSE). By the end of the month, the Open Price showed an upward trend. The Open Price stood at Rs.22,254.95 at NSE and Rs.22,226.35 at BSE. The Close Price was recorded at Rs.22,141.85 and Rs.22,130.75 at BSE and NSE, respectively.
- On 3 April 2017, the Open Price stood at Rs.22,621.05 at BSE and Rs.22,640 at NSE. The High Price stood at Rs.22,880 at NSE and Rs.22,895 at BSE. The Close Price was Rs.22606.95 and Rs.22,635.75 at BSE and NSE, respectively. Towards the end of the month, on 28 April 2017, the Open Price at NSE stood at Rs.22,601.10 and the Open Price at BSE stood at Rs.22,585.20. The Low Price stood at Rs.22,440.25 and Rs.22,425 at BSE and NSE, respectively. The Close Price was recorded at Rs.22,991.60 (NSE) and Rs.22,929.15 (BSE).
- The Open Price stood at Rs.22,200 at BSE and Rs.22,140 at NSE on 1 September 2017. The High Price was recorded at Rs.22,241.85 and Rs.22,250 at NSE and BSE, respectively. The Close Price was Rs.22,175.35 (BSE) and Rs.22,167.95 (NSE). By the end of the month, the Open Price went down slightly. It stood at Rs.20,713.75 at BSE and Rs.20,882 at NSE. The High Price stood at Rs.20,882 and Rs.20,869.95 at NSE and BSE, respectively. The Close Price stood at Rs.20,515.95 (BSE) and Rs.20,545.10 (NSE).
- On 1 December 2017, the Open Price was Rs.20,415 (BSE) and Rs.20,498 (NSE). The Low Price stood at Rs.19,821 at NSE and Rs.19,900 at BSE. The Close Price was Rs.19,985.75 (BSE) and 19,988.15 (NSE). Towards the end of the month, on 29 December 2017, the Open Price was Rs.20,120 at BSE and Rs.20,110 at NSE. The High Price at both stock exchange crossed the mark of Rs.20,200. The Close Price stood at Rs.20,103.05 and Rs.20,165.55 at BSE and NSE, respectively.
Should I invest in Bosch stocks?
Bosch is one of the leading organisations that supplied technology and services in areas like industrial tech, mobility solutions, consumer goods, etc. Outside Germany, the largest development centre of Bosch is situated in India. The flagship organisation of the Bosch Group in India is called Bosch Limited.
The advantages of Bosch stocks are mentioned below:
- No debt on the company.
- You can expect excellent return on equity.
The disadvantages of Bosch stocks are mentioned below:
- The EPS growth is mediocre.
- The PE Ratio is very high.
Please do a substantial amount of research before you go ahead and invest in any stock.
Bosch or Robert Bosch GmbH is a Germany multinational electronics and engineering organisation that has its headquarters located in Gerlingen. This company was founded by Robert Bosch in 1886 in Stuttgart. Robert Bosch Stiftung owns 92% of Bosch. The core products of Bosch include generators, fuel systems, electrical drives, controls, brakes, steering systems, etc.
History of Bosch:
The history of this organisation started on 15 November 1886 at a backyard in Sttutgart. The very first low voltage gas engine magneto was presented by Bosch a year later. The first factory was opened in 1901 in Stuttgart. The 8-hours work for employees was introduced by Robert Bosch. A partnership was established between Denso (Japanese company) and Bosch after the Second World War. Robert Bosch Stiftung was founded in the year 1964. In the year 2001, Mannesmann Rexorth AG was acquired by Bosch. Telex Communications and Electro Voice were acquired in the year 2006.
Management of Bosch:
Soumitra Bhattacharya – Mr. Bhattacharya is the MD or Managing Director of Bosch Limited and the President of Bosch India Group. He has an experience of over 33 years. By profession he is a Chartered Accountant from the ICAI.
Dr. Andreas Wolf – Dr. Wolf is the Joint MD of Bosch Limited. He holds the degree of Mechanical Engineer and completed his PhD from the Technical University Dresden. He has served Bosch for 24 years.
Bosch Listings and Indices:
Bosch Limited is listed as a part of several indices. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Nifty 50
- Nifty 100
- Nifty 200
- S&P BSE 500
- S&P BSE AllCap
- Nifty 50 USD
- S&P BSE Dollex – 100
- S&P BSE Dollex – 200
NSE – BOSCHLTD
BSE – 500530
ISIN - INE323A01026
Sector – AUTOANCILLARIES
Post Box Number – 3000, Hosur Road, Bangalore, Karnataka – 560030.
Stocks vs. Mutual Funds: here's what we recommend
Stock market investments require a lot of research and knowledge. They do not generally offer any tax benefits and are regarded as high-risk investments. Hence,it is crucial to have a diversified portfolio. At Bankbazaar, we encourage our readers to invest on mutual funds . It doesn't require a lot of knowledge and equity linked mutual fund schemes offer tax benefits. Additionally, since mutual funds comprise stocks from multiple companies, they help in building a diversified portfolio.