Bank of Baroda offers you attractive interest rates when it comes to recurring deposit. The bank offers two types of recurring deposit schemes called recurring deposits and flexible recurring deposit. The rate of return offered on various RD tenures range between 5.50% to 6.25%per annum for general public. Senior citizens are offered an additional interest of 0.50% on all tenures for deposits below Rs.1 crore. The tenure for which an RD can be opened with Bank of Baroda is in the range of 181 days (6 months) to 10 years.
Know more about Recurring Deposit
Listed below are the interest rates offered by Bank of Baroda , according to the tenure selected by the customer.
|Tenure||Regular RD interest rates (p.a.)||Senior citizen RD rates (p.a.)|
|181 days to less than 1 year||5.50%||6.00%|
|1 year to 3 years||6.00%||6.50%|
|3 years 1 day up to 5 years||6.25%||6.75%|
|5 years 1 day up to 10 years||6.00%||6.50%|
Note: The rate of interest mentioned above is for deposits less than Rs.2 crore.
Important Information about recurring deposit schemes offered by Bank of Baroda
|Minimum amount to be deposited||Rs.100|
|Tenure||12 months to 120 months|
|Additional interest rate for senior citizen||0.50%|
|What is the maximum interest rate offered by the bank?||6.25% for General Public 6.75% for Senior Citizens|
|For which tenure is the highest interest rate offered?||3 years 1 day to 5 years|
|What is the maximum loan amount that can be availed against the recurring deposit?||95% of outstanding balance|
|TDS on the RD account||Will be deducted as per Income Tax rules (if Form 15G/15H, no TDS will be deducted)|
|Penalty for delayed payments of instalments||No penalty|
Eligibility Criteria for Bank Of Baroda Recurring Deposit Scheme
- All individuals and non-individuals.
- Individual can open the account in his/her own name or in joint name.
- Minor of 10 years or above.
- In the name of a minor with their father or mother.
- Club, association, educational institutions, joint stock companies
Documents Required for Bank Of Baroda RD Scheme
- Photocopy of ID proof
- Photocopy of address proof
- Passport-size photograph
Short-Term Bank of Baroda Recurring Deposit Interest Rates
Recurring deposit accounts opened for a short-term helps you earn interest in the range of 5.50% to 6.00% p.a. Short-term RDs are those which are opened for a period that ranges between 181 days to less than a year.
Medium-Term Bank of Baroda RD Interest Rates
If you open an RD account for a medium-term tenure, the rate of interest offered by Bank of Baroda is in the range of 6.00% to 6.25% p.a. The tenures that range from 1 year to 5 years.
Long-term Bank of Baroda RD Interest Rates
An RD account opened for long-term helps to get interest of 6.00% p.a. Any tenure opted above 5 years falls under the category of long-term tenure.
Bank of Baroda Recurring Deposit Schemes
As mentioned earlier, Bank of Baroda offers two types of recurring deposit schemes in which you can invest your money. These are:
- Yatha Shakti Jama Yojna (Flexible Recurring Deposit Scheme): The bank pays interest on a half-yearly basis under the scheme. The account can be opened with a minimum amount of Rs.100 while the maximum deposit amount can be increased up to 3 times of the core instalment, subject to a maximum of Rs.10,000 per month. The tenure of deposit offered by the bank for this scheme is between 12 months to 120 months. You can avail 95% of the outstanding balance in the RD account as loan or overdraft facility. In case of premature withdrawal, the bank shall levy of penalty of 1%.
- Recurring deposits: Under this recurring deposit scheme, the minimum monthly contribution is Rs.50 in rural and semi-urban branch and Rs.100 in urban and metro branch. The minimum and maximum tenure is 6 months and 120 months respectively. Interest earned in the account is paid on a quarterly compounding interval. In case of premature withdrawal, a penalty of 1% from the applicable rate is deducted.
BOB RD Interest Rates Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is nomination facility available on recurring deposit accounts offered by Bank of Baroda?
Yes, nomination facility is available.
- What is the maturity of deposit?
The maturity of deposit is one month after payment of last installment or due date, whichever is later.
- Will TDS be deducted if I submit form 15G/15H?
No, TDS will be deducted if you submit form 15G/15H as applicable.
Can I regular RD be converted to Baroda Yatha Shakti Jama Yojana Scheme?
Yes, a regular RD account can be converted to flexible recurring deposit scheme i.e., Baroda Yatha Shakti Jama Yojana Scheme.
- Is the flexible recurring deposit scheme available for NRE deposits?
As of now, the product is not available for NRE deposits.
Bank of Baroda RD Schemes
- Baroda Samriddhi Half Yearly Recurring Deposit
- Baroda Samriddhi Quarterly Recurring Deposit
- Bank of Baroda Yatha Shakti Jama Yojana
- Baroda Regular Income Cum Recurring Deposit Scheme
RD Interest Rate Pages
- United Bank RD Interest Rates
- Uco Bank RD Interest Rates
- Allahabad Bank RD Interest Rates
- Central Bank RD Interest Rates
- Federal Bank RD Interest Rates
- Indian Bank RD Interest Rates
- Andhra Bank RD Interest Rates
- Kotak Mahindra RD Interest Rates
- Syndicate Bank RD Interest Rates
- IOB RD Interest Rates
- City Union Bank RD Interest Rates
- Citybank RD Interest Rates
- Indusind Bank RD Interest Rates
- Corporation Bank RD Interest Rates
- BOM RD Interest Rates
RD Other Pages
- Recurring Deposit Vs. Chit Fund
- Miss to Pay the Recurring Deposit Due
- Difference Between Recurring Deposit and SIP
- Open RD Account through HDFC NetBanking
- RD Account in SBI
- Advantages of Recurring Deposit
- Flexi RD
- SBI Flexi RD Schemes