A recurring deposit account can be opened with Kotak Mahindra Bank by any resident individual or a member of a Hindu Undivided Family (HUFs). The bank offers a variety of tenures when it comes to RD with the minimum and maximum tenures being 6 months and 10 years, respectively. The interest rates offered are attractive and ranges from 4.40% p.a. to 5.25% p.a. for general citizens. Senior citizens are offered an additional interest of 0.50% on all tenures.
Know more about Recurring Deposit
The interest rates offered by Kotak Mahindra Bank on recurring deposits are listed below:
|Tenure||Interest rate p.a. (General Public)||Interest rate p.a. (Senior citizens)|
|3 years - less than 4 years||5.10%||5.60%|
|4 years - less than 5 years||5.20%||5.70%|
|5 years - 10years||5.25%||5.75%|
*The interest rates are effective from 27 November 2019. The rates can be changed by the bank at its discretion.
Kotak Mahindra Bank - Short Term RD Interest Rates
You can open a short-term recurring deposit with Kotak Mahindra Bank to fulfil short-term saving goals. The bank offers small tenures that start from 6 months and go up to 18 months with the rate of interest being in the range of 4.40% p.a. to 4.75% p.a. Senior citizens can avail interest between 4.90% p.a. and 5.25% p.a. on opening short-term RDs with Kotak Mahindra Bank.
Kotak Mahindra Bank - Medium Term RD Interest Rates
As far as medium-term recurring deposits goes, Kotak Mahindra offers tenures that range from 1 year 9 months to less than 5 years. The rate of interest offered is in the range of 5.00% p.a. to 5.20% p.a. The highest interest paid under medium term RDs is for the tenure of 1 year 9 months. Individuals above the age of 60 years who invest in medium term RDs are eligible for interest in the range of 5.50% p.a. to Rs.5.70% p.a.
Kotak Mahindra Bank – Long Term RD Interest Rates
Long term RDs are tenures that run from 5 years to 10 years. The bank offers general public an interest of 5.25% p.a. while senior citizens are paid 5.75% p.a.
Kotak Mahindra Bank RD Interest Rates
- Are premature withdrawals allowed for Kotak Mahindra Bank recurring deposits?
- On which date will the recurring deposit amount be debited from my savings account for my Kotak Mahindra RD?
- What are the payout options for Kotak Mahindra Bank recurring deposits?
Premature withdrawals are allowed for Kotak Mahindra Bank RDs but with a penal charge of 0.5%. For deposits that are prematurely withdrawn within a month of opening it, only the principal amount is returned and no interest is paid.
Your savings account will be debited for your Kotak Mahindra RD on the same date every month as the date that the first instalment was debited.
The interest and principal amount of your Kotak Mahindra Bank RD will be paid out only on maturity or if you prematurely withdraw your deposit (subject to the penal charge).
RD Interest Rate Pages
- United Bank RD Interest Rates
- Uco Bank RD Interest Rates
- Allahabad Bank RD Interest Rates
- Central Bank RD Interest Rates
- Federal Bank RD Interest Rates
- Indian Bank RD Interest Rates
- Andhra Bank RD Interest Rates
- Kotak Mahindra RD Interest Rates
- Syndicate Bank RD Interest Rates
- IOB RD Interest Rates
- City Union Bank RD Interest Rates
- Citybank RD Interest Rates
- Indusind Bank RD Interest Rates
- Corporation Bank RD Interest Rates
- BOM RD Interest Rates
RD Other Pages
- Recurring Deposit Vs. Chit Fund
- Miss to Pay the Recurring Deposit Due
- Difference Between Recurring Deposit and SIP
- Open RD Account through HDFC NetBanking
- RD Account in SBI
- Advantages of Recurring Deposit
- Flexi RD
- SBI Flexi RD Schemes
- Monthly Recurring Deposit
- Co-operative Bank Recurring Deposit
- City Union Bank Recurring Deposit
- Indian Bank Recurring Deposit
- Union Bank Recurring Deposit
- UCO Bank Recurring Deposit