A post office RD provides a number of benefits to account holders, but a number of tech-savvy individuals opt for a bank RD primarily on account of ease of use. While one had to physically go to the post office to know details about an Recurring Deposit, this is changing, with the Department of Posts adopting modern technology to provide better facilities to customers. Maintaining and modifying a post office RD would’ve previously taken a lot of time and energy, but customers can rejoice now, for they can access their details online, thanks to the Department of Posts (DoP) new initiative, the e-Banking portal.
The e-Banking portal provides a host of services, including one wherein a customer can access his/her RD account.
Know more about Recurring Deposit
Step By Step Process to Login into Your Post Office RD Account
Individuals who have a RD with the post office can use this new facility by clicking here. Before they access their details, they will need to register themselves. This can be done by following these simple steps:
- Click on the “Register Now” tab in the page.
- A new page which deals with Offline Registration Maintenance will open. Click on “Continue”.
- Next, one would have to submit details like their name, gender, date of birth, mobile number, customer ID or Account ID, and contact details. These details should match the ones submitted with the post office.
- Once done, a user ID will be generated, which can be used for all future sessions.
Facilities Available After Logging into Your Post Office RD account
The internet banking facility offered by the Department of Posts enables one to do a number of activities, including those related to a RD account. The common permitted actions are mentioned below:
- Ability to change the password and ‘sign-on’.
- Check personal details and verify them.
- Personalize the page as per an individual’s choice.
While these are generic actions, there are certain RD specific options which can be of great use. RD account holders who login using this facility are entitled to the following:
- Get a summary of their account.
- Get details pertaining to their RD account.
- Get details related to any loan on their RD.
- Details related to TDS.
- Manage transactions related to their RD, including making payments towards the account and clearing loans on a particular RD account.
In addition to this, the facility also provides features which enables one to get mail, request for a particular service or provide feedback.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How can I check my post office RD balance online?
- Can I open post office RD online?
- Is investing in a post office RD a good idea?
- Is it necessary to register before using the login facility?
- Can I provide feedback using the login facility offered by post office?
You can check the balance on your Post Office RD by using the net banking facility. All you need to do is log in using the username and password.
Yes, you can open a post office RD online. The other option available to you for opening an account is to visit the nearest post office.
Investing in an RD is always a good option irrespective of where you invest.
In order to use the login facility, it is necessary to register.
Yes, you can provide your feedback on anything using the login facility offered by Post office.
RD Interest Rate Pages
- United Bank RD Interest Rates
- Uco Bank RD Interest Rates
- Allahabad Bank RD Interest Rates
- Central Bank RD Interest Rates
- Federal Bank RD Interest Rates
- Indian Bank RD Interest Rates
- Andhra Bank RD Interest Rates
- Kotak Mahindra RD Interest Rates
- Syndicate Bank RD Interest Rates
- IOB RD Interest Rates
- City Union Bank RD Interest Rates
- Citybank RD Interest Rates
- Indusind Bank RD Interest Rates
- Corporation Bank RD Interest Rates
- BOM RD Interest Rates
RD Other Pages
- Recurring Deposit Vs. Chit Fund
- Miss to Pay the Recurring Deposit Due
- Difference Between Recurring Deposit and SIP
- Open RD Account through HDFC NetBanking
- RD Account in SBI
- Advantages of Recurring Deposit
- Flexi RD
- SBI Flexi RD Schemes