Akin to other public sector banks, Union bank offers RD schemes with attractive interest rates and flexible features. Two schemes form the core of the term deposit portfolio. These options help investors to steadily build corpus over a period of time by way of monthly remittances under this scheme. Recurring Deposit are also known as Cumulative Deposits. The RD scheme is open to all categories of customers which includes salaried individuals and corporates.
Know more about Recurring Deposit
Recurring Deposit schemes from Union Bank of India
The traditional RD scheme with appealing features and benefits. Monthly installment amount can be as low as Rs.50 with a deposit period ranging from 6 months to 120 months. A unique feature exclusive to this scheme is that any interim discontinuation of monthly installments, owing to a genuine reason, will result in the existing amount converted into a fixed deposit account for rest of the term.
Union Monthly Plus
An RD scheme that offers flexibility to invest an amount as per your convenience on the basis of “Core Amount”. The depositor can step up monthly remittances in multiples of this amount. An added benefit is that no penalty is levied on premature withdrawals and delay in monthly payments.
Features and Benefits of Union Bank of India Recurring Deposits
- Resident Indians which includes individuals, minors, firms, associations, corporates, clubs, societies etc. are eligible to open the CD account. Two or more individuals can operate the account jointly.
- Monthly installment amount starts as low as Rs.50 and in multiples of Rs.10 thereafter.
- The depositor can choose a period that best suits investment needs from a term option ranging from 6 to 120 months in multiples of 1 month.
- Once the term of deposit is selected at the time of initiation, it cannot be altered. However, in case of discontinuation of payment of monthly installments, owing to a valid reason, the amount parked in the CD account can be converted into a fixed deposit for rest of the term.
- Interest rates are applied on a quarterly basis. The maturity amount will be payable one month after the last installment payment.
Union Monthly Plus
- Open for investment to a large category of customers such as individuals, institutions, corporates, HUF etc.
- The depositor can choose a “core amount” which acts as base amount for stepping up future monthly installments, paving way for flexibility. Future installments cannot fall below the chosen core amount.
- The period of deposit starts at 6 months with an upper cap of 60 months. The customer can choose a term between this range in multiples of 1 month.
- No penalty is levied for delay in monthly payments or premature closure. This feature is one of its kind in the banking segment.
- Interest rates will be computed on daily product basis.
- Depositors also qualify for loan facility of up to 75% of the outstanding amount in the RD account.
- Nomination facility is available
- Premature closure of the RD is allowed
- Minimum core amount is Rs.100 and maximum is Rs.1,00,000
Interest Rates Offered on Union Monthly Plus
|Tenure||Interest rate for General public||Interest rate for Senior citizens|
|181 days to less than a year||5.00%||5.50%|
|1 year 1 day to 443 days||5.40%||5.90%|
|445 days to 554 days||5.40%||5.90%|
|556 days to 3 years||5.40%||5.90%|
|3 years to 5 years||5.45%||5.95%|
|5 years to 10 years||5.45%||5.95%|
Note: The rates mentioned below are for deposits below Rs.2 crore. They are effective from 16 June 2020.
Note: The rates mentioned below are for deposits below Rs.2 crore. They are effective from 17 December 2019.
Senior citizens are eligible for an additional rate of 0.50% over the prevailing rates.
Process for Opening a Recurring Deposit with Union Bank of India Online and Offline
Existing customers of Union bank can log onto to their internet banking account and open a CD account online directly linked to the savings/current account. New customers can approach the nearest banking branch for instructions on opening an account. You will be required to produce the documents listed below to facilitate the initiation.
- One recent passport sized photograph
- Identity and address proof
Union Bank of India Recurring Deposit FAQs
- Will I be provided a receipt for the Cumulative Deposit account?
- Is it possible to change the nominees added to the account?
- What are the different methods to open a Cumulative Deposit account?
No, you will not get a receipt for the Cumulative Deposit account. However, a passbook will be provided.
Yes, you can change the nominees added to the account.
The different methods by which a Cumulative Deposit account can be opened are mentioned below:
- Visiting the nearest branch
- By calling customer care
Yes, senior citizens will be provided with an additional interest rate of 0.50%.
No, TDS will not be applicable to Cumulative Deposits.
RD Interest Rate Pages
- United Bank RD Interest Rates
- Uco Bank RD Interest Rates
- Allahabad Bank RD Interest Rates
- Central Bank RD Interest Rates
- Federal Bank RD Interest Rates
- Indian Bank RD Interest Rates
- Andhra Bank RD Interest Rates
- Kotak Mahindra RD Interest Rates
- Syndicate Bank RD Interest Rates
- IOB RD Interest Rates
- City Union Bank RD Interest Rates
- Citybank RD Interest Rates
- Indusind Bank RD Interest Rates
- Corporation Bank RD Interest Rates
- BOM RD Interest Rates
RD Other Pages
- Recurring Deposit Vs. Chit Fund
- Miss to Pay the Recurring Deposit Due
- Difference Between Recurring Deposit and SIP
- Open RD Account through HDFC NetBanking
- RD Account in SBI
- Advantages of Recurring Deposit
- Flexi RD
- SBI Flexi RD Schemes
- Monthly Recurring Deposit
- Co-operative Bank Recurring Deposit
- City Union Bank Recurring Deposit
- Indian Bank Recurring Deposit
- Union Bank Recurring Deposit
- UCO Bank Recurring Deposit