HDFC Bank allows you to make a small investment every month for which you can earn an excellent interest rate. A Recurring Deposit, unlike the Fixed Deposit (FD) account that is an investment of lump sum amount, offers the flexibility of paying as low as Rs.1000 to as much as Rs.14,99,900 per month. You can open an RD account ranging from a minimum of 6 months to a maximum of 10 years. When the account reaches maturity, you will get the complete deposited amount along with the interest. If you are looking to open an RD account with HDFC Bank, you need to be a registered user for the NetBanking services. You can login to your account using the Customer ID and PIN.
Steps to Open An RD Account Online:
- Login to your NetBanking account
- Click on the 'Accounts' tab
- Click on the 'Transact' option on the left side of the menu
- Choose 'Open Recurring Deposit’
- Select the account and branch details
- Provide the amount that you wish to invest
- Choose the deposit duration
- ‘RD Maturity Instructions’ allows you choose mode of remittance
- Provide nominee details
- Click on ‘Continue’ to verify the details
- Confirm to download the Recurring Deposit Advice
Currently, HDFC Bank offers Regular Recurring Deposit as well as NRE Recurring Deposit.
Features and Benefits of Opening HDFC RD Account Online:
The process of opening an RD account with HDFC Bank is simple and easy.
- Once you have opened the RD account with the desired values, you won’t be able to change the investment amount or the tenure.
- You can count on HDFC Bank for competitive interest rate ranging from 5.75% to a maximum of 6.90% for an RD account.
- The senior citizens have the privilege to earn an additional interest rate of 0.50%.
- The installments will get debited from your savings account that has been used to create the RD account.
- Additionally, the interest earned on your RD account is TDS free.
- While creating the RD account, you are provided with options to either add a new nominee or select the nominee that is listed in your savings account.
- If the RD is a joint account, the nominee is selected from the savings account only.
With HDFC Bank Recurring Deposit, you can start investing as low as Rs.1000 per month and earn interest rates that are similar to an FD account. This is a unique and special term deposit that helps people with regular incomes to save money every month while earning interest as well.
If you are curious to know how much HDFC rd interest rate you can earn with your investment plan, you can use the RD calculator provided by the Bank. If you need to liquidate your RD account prematurely, you will not be eligible for the complete interest benefits. Moreover, the process of liquidating the RD account is as simple as opening it. Please visit the bank’s website for more information. You can also contact the branch or the customer service team to obtain more details about the HDFC Recurring Deposit accounts.
Read More Article on Recurring Deposit
- Recurring Deposit Calculator
- How to Open a Recurring Deposit Online?
- Know About Flexi Recurring Deposit Schemes
- Major Differences Between Recurring Deposit and Fixed Deposit
- Comparison Between Recurring Deposit and Chit Fund
- Highest RD Interest Rate Banks in India
- Recurring Deposit Interest Rates of All Banks
- How to Open Recurring Deposit in SBI Online
- Monthly Recurring Deposit
- SBI Flexi Deposit Scheme
- PNB Swechha Jama Yojna Flexi Recurring Deposit
- Bank of India Star Flexi-Recurring Deposit
- Baroda Samriddhi Half Yearly RD scheme
- Canara Dhanvarsha Flexi Recurring Deposit Scheme
- Union Bank Cumulative Recurring Deposit Scheme
- Union Monthly Plus Recurring Deposit Scheme
- Indian Bank Swarna Nidhi Recurring Deposit Scheme
- Difference Between LIC and Recurring Deposit
- Indian Bank Variable Recurring Deposit Scheme
- Baroda Samriddhi Quarterly Recurring Deposit
- PNB Special Recurring Deposit Scheme
- PNB Lakhpati Deposit Scheme
- Bank of Baroda Yatha Shakti Jama Yojana Scheme
RD Interest Rate Pages
- United Bank RD Interest Rates
- Uco Bank RD Interest Rates
- Allahabad Bank RD Interest Rates
- Central Bank RD Interest Rates
- Federal Bank RD Interest Rates
- Indian Bank RD Interest Rates
- Andhra Bank RD Interest Rates
- Kotak Mahindra RD Interest Rates
- Syndicate Bank RD Interest Rates
- IOB RD Interest Rates
- City Union Bank RD Interest Rates
- Citybank RD Interest Rates
- Indusind Bank RD Interest Rates
- Corporation Bank RD Interest Rates
- BOM RD Interest Rates