Punjab National Bank offers the special recurring deposit scheme for institutions and other Government bodies. This recurring deposit scheme is provided with features like nomination facility, loans and advances, flexible deposit amounts and tenures for account holders.
The PNB Special Recurring Deposit can be opened by private institutions, Government institutions, Corporate bodies, PSUs, etc. The institution can open the PNB Special Recurring Deposit account in the name of their employee. Companies can open recurring deposit accounts with a minimum of 10 employees or with 75% of their eligible employees, whichever is lower.
Features of PNB Special Recurring Deposit
Companies can start their PNB Special Recurring deposit accounts with a minimum deposit of Rs. 10 and can be increased in multiples of Rs. 1. The deposit amount has to be determined as per the PF deductions done for their employees.
The PNB Special Recurring Deposit account can be opened with tenures ranging from 6 months to up to 120 months as per the requirement of the employer. If the employer wants to extend the tenure beyond that the old account will be closed and a new deposit account will be opened for the intended period with prevailing interest rates and according to RBI guidelines.
The nomination facility will be extended as per Punjab National Bank guidelines.
Interest paid for PNB Special Recurring Deposit accounts below Rs. 1 crore will be as per the CARD rate. For SF accounts, the interest will be credited to the customer’s account on a half-yearly basis, during the months of March and September.
Premature Closure or Withdrawal
Premature withdrawals cannot be done for PNB Special Recurring Deposit accounts without getting permission from the employer.
Loans and Advances
Account holders might be sanctioned loans with prior sanction from the institution and as per L&A Circulars given by IRMD (Credit Policy Section).
Income tax is not deducted at source for PNB Special Recurring Deposit accounts.
Read More Article on Recurring Deposit
- How to Open a Recurring Deposit Online?
- Flexi Recurring Deposit Schemes
- Differences Between Recurring Deposit and Fixed Deposit
- Tax on Recurring Deposit Interest
- Comparison Between Recurring Deposit and Chit Fund
- Best Recurring Deposit Interest Rate Banks
- Recurring Deposit Interest Rates of All Banks
- How to Open Recurring Deposit Account in SBI Online
- Monthly Recurring Deposit
- SBI Flexi Recurring Deposit Scheme
- PNB Swechha Jama Yojna/Flexi RD Scheme
- Bank of India Star Flexi Recurring Deposit Scheme
- Baroda Samriddhi Half Yearly Recurring Deposit
- Canara Dhanvarsha Flexi Recurring Deposit Scheme
- Union Bank Cumulative Deposit Scheme
- Union Monthly Plus Recurring Deposit Scheme
- Indian Bank Swarna Nidhi Recurring Deposit
- Difference Between LIC and Recurring Deposit
- Indian Bank Variable Recurring Deposit Scheme
- Baroda Samriddhi Quarterly Recurring Deposit
- PNB Lakhpati Deposit Scheme
- Bank of Baroda Yatha Shakti Jama Yojana Recurring Deposit
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar’s partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.