Indian Bank Recurring Deposit is ideal for first-time risk-averse investors. You can open a recurring deposit account for a tenure ranging between 6 months and 10 years. offered by the lender ranges between 5.25% p.a. and 5.75% p.a. for general citizens. Senior citizens are offered additional interest of 0.50% p.a. on all RD tenures. You can open an RD account with Indian Bank with a monthly instalment of Rs.100.
Know more about Recurring Deposit
The rate of return offered on recurring deposits by Indian Bank is listed in the table below:
|Tenure||Interest offered to General citizens (p.a.)||Interest offered to Senior citizens (p.a.)|
|181 days to less than 1 year||5.25%||5.75%|
|1 year 1 day to less than 2 years||5.65%||6.15%|
|2 years to less than 5 years||5.65%||6.15%|
|Above 5 years||5.65%||6.15%|
Note: The interest rate mentioned in the table are for deposits below Rs.2 crore and are effective 1 May 2020.
Benefits of Indian Bank Recurring Deposit
- Deposit tenure ranges from 6 months to 120 months
- A variety of deposit schemes to choose from
- Enjoy rate of return up to 6.25% p.a.
- Life insurance cover available
- Nomination and loan facilities available
- Better rates for senior citizens
Types of RD Accounts offered by Indian Bank Portfolio
- Recurring Deposit: Other than earning interest on your investment, this RD scheme allows you to avail a loan against the deposit amount. You can open the account with a minimum amount of Rs.100 for a period ranging from 3 years to 5 years.
- Variable Recurring Deposit: With this scheme, you have the flexibility to vary the monthly instalments. You can open this account with an initial deposit of Rs.500. a minimum amount of Rs.25 or a maximum of Rs.1 lakh. No penalties are imposed if there’s any delay in payment of instalments.
Indian Bank Recurring Deposit Calculator
The maturity amount on your RD depends on various factors, including the tenure, amount, rate of interest, among others. It’s always recommended to calculate the amount you will be receiving at the time of maturity when investing in an RD account There are quite a few online portals that offer RD calculator. You can use any one of those to calculate the interest you can earn on your deposited amount.
Indian Bank Short-term RD Interest Rates
On short-term RD accounts, Indian Bank offers a rate of return of 5.25% p.a. Short-term RD accounts are those which have a tenure between 6 months and less than 1 year.
Indian Bank Medium-term RD Interest Rates
Medium-term RD accounts have a tenure between 1 year and 3 years. The rate of return offered by the bank is in the range of 5.65% p.a. to 5.75% p.a.
Indian Bank Long-term RD Interest Rates
Indian Bank offers 5.65% p.a. on long-term recurring deposit. Long-term RD accounts are those which have an investment tenure of more than 3 years.
Indian Bank Senior Citizen RD Interest Rates
Indian Bank offers attractive rates of interest to senior citizens for investing in an RD account. The interest rate ranges between 5.75% p.a. to 6.25% p.a.
FAQs on Indian Bank Recurring Deposit Interest Rates 2020
How can I open a recurring deposit account at Indian Bank?
You can open a recurring deposit account at Indian Bank by using their net banking facility using your credentials provided you are customer. As you enter the portal, you will get the option of opening a recurring deposit account in the menu bar. Click on it and submit all the necessary documents. Once the review of the documents has been done, you will be able to open a recurring deposit account. You can then decide upon the deposit amount and the tenure.
You can also visit the nearest branch of Indian Bank along with all the necessary documents. A bank representative will help you with the process of opening a recurring deposit account.
Will TDS be applied on recurring deposit?
As per the Finance Act, 2015, TDS will be applicable on the recurring deposits and the interest rates you will earn on your deposits.
I wish to foreclose my account. Will I be charged anything?
Yes, a penalty will be levied if you decide to foreclose your account.
How will be the interest rate applied?
The rate of interest will be calculated on quarterly compounding basis.
What are the other facilities I will be able to enjoy in case I open a recurring deposit account at Indian Bank?
You will be able to enjoy the following facilities if you open a recurring deposit account at Indian Bank:
- Loan facility
- Foreclosure of account
- Nomination facility
Indian Bank RD Schemes
RD Interest Rate Pages
- United Bank RD Interest Rates
- Uco Bank RD Interest Rates
- Allahabad Bank RD Interest Rates
- Central Bank RD Interest Rates
- Federal Bank RD Interest Rates
- Indian Bank RD Interest Rates
- Andhra Bank RD Interest Rates
- Kotak Mahindra RD Interest Rates
- Syndicate Bank RD Interest Rates
- IOB RD Interest Rates
- City Union Bank RD Interest Rates
- Citybank RD Interest Rates
- Indusind Bank RD Interest Rates
- Corporation Bank RD Interest Rates
- BOM RD Interest Rates
RD Other Pages
- Recurring Deposit Vs. Chit Fund
- Miss to Pay the Recurring Deposit Due
- Difference Between Recurring Deposit and SIP
- Open RD Account through HDFC NetBanking
- RD Account in SBI
- Advantages of Recurring Deposit
- Flexi RD
- SBI Flexi RD Schemes