Starting from October 18, 2016, a country wide Passport Seva Camp will be set up to provide services to individuals who stay away from Passport Seva Kendras. This measure aimed at increasing citizen convenience was approved by External Affairs Minister, Sushma Swaraj. The Ministry of External Affairs plans to hold such Camps across the country periodically. Process of application acceptance at these Passport Seva Camps is similar to those at Passport Seva Kendras. Officials will be available at all Camps to ensure that the entire process is smooth and without many hassles.
There are a number of small towns wherein Passport Seva Kendras are not available. In order to reduce the discomfort of these individuals, Passport Seva Camps have been introduced.
Some of the frequently asked questions regarding Passport Seva Camps, are given below -
- What is a Passport Seva Camp?
Passport Seva Camps are temporary Passport Seva Kendras that are set up in areas that are situated far from regular Passport Seva Kendras, such as University Campuses and identified towns and cities. Applicants who reside in notified areas can visit these Camps to submit their applications for passport. Each of these Camps will have Verification Officers, Citizen Service Executives, Granting Officers, consoles with facility for internet and other devices needed for data entry processing, such as printer, camera, scanner and a device for capturing fingerprints.
- What are the category of applications that can be submitted at Passport Seva Camps?
Applications for reissue of passport(other than damaged or lost) and fresh passports under normal scheme and not tatkaal, can be submitted at these Camps.
- Will applicants have to submit a passport application form online via the Passport Seva Kendra portal prior to visiting a Passport Seva Camp?
Yes, applicants will have to submit the application form online and get their form printed along with the Application Reference Number receipt. This must be taken by the individual when they visit a camp for submission of passport application.
- Can applicants avail passports through Tatkaal scheme through these Camps?
No, applicants cannot avail passports through the Tatkaal scheme at these Camps.
- Can individuals apply for a Police Clearance Certificate through these Camps?
No, Police Clearance Certificates are not accepted at Passport Seva Camps.
- Will individuals have to take an appointment prior to visiting a Passport Seva Camp?
Yes, applicants will have to submit the passport application form online, pay the required fee and book an appointment, before visiting a Passport Seva Camp. Information regarding the camp will be put up on the Homepage of the Passport Seva Kendra’s website.
- How can individuals make their payment prior to visiting the Passport Seva Camp?
While booking appointments at Passport Seva Camp, online payment is the only accepted option. This can be done through -
- Debit or Credit cards (Visa and MasterCard)
- Internet Banking (state Bank of India and Associate Banks)
- SBI Bank Challan
- Will applications that has been filled manually be accepted at a Passport Seva Camp?
No, application forms that have been filled manually will not be accepted at Passport Seva Camps. Application form will have to be submitted online.
- What are the documents that an individual will need to have while visiting a Passport Seva Camp?
ARN or the online Application Reference Number receipt that has been printed from the Passport Seva Kendra’s website
SBI payment receipt, when applicable
- Original supporting documents along with self attested copies of the same.
- Two passport size coloured photographs that have been taken recently, against a white background.
- Existing or old passport booklet for reissue of passport. The old one will be cancelled by the Verification Officer and given back to the applicant once all formalities have been completed.