Voting is a privilege that has been granted to the citizens of India as per the tenets of the Indian Constitution. This permits Indians who are above the age of 18 to vote, irrespective of religious, political or social leanings. India is one of the world’s largest democracies, with 543 constituencies and over 8 crore eligible voters and counting.
In order to participate in the election process, voters have to register themselves in their constituencies. The process for registration of voters has now been simplified in many states, Haryana being one of them, to encourage more eligible voters to register themselves and participate in the process.
Among the measures adopted by the Election Commission is the speeding up of application processing time, online application, as well as a number of other allied services.
Maharashtra Election Updates 2019:
The State Legislative Assembly elections for 2019 will be held in Haryana in October 2019. Voters will be going to the polls to elect representatives to the State Legislature, which has a strength of 90 members.
The Election Commission will be setting up over 19,400 polling stations to cater to 1.83 crore voters in the state. Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) as well as Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) will be used.
How to Apply for a Voter’s ID Card Online in Haryana
Applying for a voter’s ID card in Haryana can now be done from the comfort of your home. The Election Commission in Haryana has approved online applications for voter ID cards. Individuals applying for a new voter ID card will no longer have to visit the electoral office to collect a form but can instead fill in the online form and submit it.
The process for applying online for a new voter ID card in Haryana is mentioned below:
- Go to the website of the Chief Electoral Officer of Haryana (www.ceoharyana.nic.in), and click on the “Online Voter Registration” option on the homepage.
- On the page that opens, select the “click to Register Online” button, which will direct you to a new page.
- Select the “Apply Online for Registration of new voter”, whereupon an online form will appear onscreen.
- Fill in the details as requested and upload a scanned copy of the documents requested (age proof, address proof as well as photograph).
- Once you have filled in and checked all the details, click “Submit”.
- You will receive an acknowledgement as well as an application number to track your application status.
- On submission, a Booth Level Officer (BLO) will visit your home to verify the information you have submitted.
- Once the verification process has been completed successfully, you will be notified and will receive your voter ID card through the post. You could also opt to collect it in person from the electoral office.
How to Apply for Voter’s ID card Offline in Haryana
As a new voter in Haryana, you can register yourself in the electoral rolls of your constituency by filling out the application form and submitting the required documents.
If you are not familiar with the online process, you can also apply offline by following the steps as given below:
- Visit the office of the electoral officer that is nearest to your residence and request for Form 6, which is the application form for new voter registration.
- Fill in the form as per the guidelines mentioned and attach the documents required (address proof, age proof as well as photographs).
- Submit the form at the electoral office, where you will be issued with a reference number. You can use this number to track your application.
- After submitting the form, you will be visited by a Booth Level Officer (BLO), who will verify the information you provided in your form.
- If the verification process is successful, you will receive your voter ID card. You can go to the electoral office and collect it or it will be sent to your address as mentioned on the form via post.
Documents to be Submitted for Voter ID Card in Haryana
Applicants are required to submit a certain set of documents when they apply for a voter’s ID card. These are to verify the information provided by them in the form, with the documents listed below:
- Passport sized photographs
- Proof of age- birth certificate/passport/PAN card/driving licence/ration card/bank passbook/school leaving certificate
- Proof of address- passport/driving licence/bank pass book/Aadhar card/utility bills
How to track status in Haryana
Tracking Voter ID Status Online
To check your status online, visit the Haryana CEO website. You can check your status using the following information:
- Select your district
- Select your Assembly Constituency
Select your form:
- Form 6
- Form 6A
- Form 7
- Form 8
- Form 8 A
- Enter the date and click on “Search”
Tracking Voter ID status via SMS
To check if your name has been included in the Electoral Roll, you can send the following SMS.
- VOTEHRY Voter Card No to 9954699899.
Calling on the Dedicated ECI Helpline Number
You can call the ECI Helpline number 1950 toll free. The helpline is available on all working days between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm.
How to Apply for Duplicate Voter ID Card Online in Haryana
There could be occasions where you have either misplaced or lost your voter ID card, or your voter ID card has been stolen from you. In some instances, the voter ID card suffers wear and tear, making it unusable as identity proof for elections or any other purpose. As a result, you will have to apply for a duplicate voter ID card.
The Haryana Election Commission has made the process of applying for a duplicate voter ID card a convenient and simple one.
For those applying online, the process is listed below:
- Download EPIC-002, the form for application of a duplicate voter’s ID card.
- Fill in the form with the required details.
- If your voter ID card was stolen, submit a copy of the FIR filed at a police station along with your application form.
- If your voter ID card is torn or unusable due to wear and tear, attach the same card along with your application.
- Submit the application to the nearest electoral office.
- After your application has been verified, you will receive a duplicate voter ID card through the post, or you can collect it from the electoral office.
How to Apply for Duplicate Voter ID Card Offline in Haryana
In the unfortunate incident that your voter ID card is lost, stolen or misplaced, you can now apply for a duplicate voter ID card courtesy the Haryana Election Commission, which has made it easier to apply for a duplicate card.
Another situation in which a duplicate voter ID card can be applied for is when the card is torn or mutilated, making it unusable as an official document.
Individuals can apply for their duplicate voter ID card offline by following the steps listed below:
- Visit the nearest electoral office and collect a copy of Form EPIC-002, which is the application form for the issue of a duplicate voter ID card.
- Fill in the form with all the requisite details and submit it with the necessary supporting documents, if any.
- In the case of theft or loss of the original card, a copy of the FIR has to be submitted.
- In the case of a torn or mutilated card, the original card is to be sent along with the application form.
- Once the application form has been sent to the office, the information will be verified.
- After successful verification, the duplicate voter ID card will be sent to the address mentioned on the application form.
How to Make Corrections in a Voter ID Card Online in Haryana
After receiving your voter’s ID card, if you notice there are any errors with respect to your name being spelled wrong or any information being incorrect, you can apply to have the information corrected.
This is important since the voter ID card is a government issued card and it serves as identity proof, so all the information contained within it should be accurate.
In Haryana, the process for making a correction in an existing voter ID card is no longer a lengthy one, and can also be done online, as follows:
- Go to the website of the Chief Electoral Officer in Haryana and click on the “Online Voter Registration” option.
- A new page will open, where you have to click on ‘register”, which will in turn re-direct you to the National Voters Service Portal.
- Click on the “Correction of entries in Electoral Roll” option from among the various options provided.
- On the page that opens, select Form 8 and click on the link provided.
- Fill in the online form, providing information such as your electoral constituency, state or union territory, district, full name etc.
- Upload the necessary documents as specified in the form.
- For name change, upload documents containing the changed name (such as an official government gazette copy, passport or other official proof)
- For correction of other details, upload a document containing the correct information.
- Once you have entered all the information requested and uploaded the documents, click “submit”, after which a reference number will appear onscreen.
- Your application will be verified by the relevant authorities, during which time you can track its status using the reference number.
- On successful verification of your application, you will receive the updated voter ID card through the post or you can collect it from the electoral office.
How to Make Corrections in Voter ID Card Offline in Haryana
In the event there are errors in the information printed on your voter ID card, you can now get this corrected through a simple and quick method in Haryana.
The Election Commission has provided both an offline as well as an online method to correct the information. If you are unfamiliar with the internet, you can choose to submit an application to correct the information offline, the process of which is mentioned below:
- Visit the office of the electoral officer closest to your residence and collect Form 8, which is the application form for making corrections in the voter ID card.
- Fill in the details as requested and attach supporting documents as stated in the form’s guidelines.
- For changes in the name, attach proof of the name to be changed or corrected (passport, official gazette copy, marriage certificate etc)
- Submit the form by post or in person to the office.
- After your application has been successfully verified, you will receive the updated voter ID card by post to the address mentioned in your form, or you can collect it from the electoral office.
How to Change Address in Voter ID Card Online in Haryana
Your voter ID card being government issued address as well as identity proof means you should ensure all details are always updated. If you have changed your address, your voter ID card should reflect your current address.
You should update your address so your name will be included in the electoral rolls at your current place of residence, and to ensure it is removed from the rolls at your former place of residence.
In Haryana, the process for changing your address on your voter ID card is now available online, making it easier and more convenient to apply for the same.
If you are looking at applying for an address change in your existing voter ID card, refer to the steps given below:
- Go to the Chief Electoral Officer of Haryana’s website and select the “Online Voter Registration” option.
- On the page that opens, click on the “register” button, which will direct you to a site called the National Voters Service Portal.
- Select the “Correction of Entries in Electoral Roll” option from the ones provided.
- A new page with a list of forms will appear. Select Form 8A and click on it, whereupon the online form will appear onscreen.
- Fill in the form with the information required, such as your name, state, district, address etc.
- Upload proof of your current place of residence, such as telephone, gas or electricity bills, or any official documents.
- Once you ahve filled in and uploaded the required documents, click “submit”.
- A reference number will be generated automatically, which you can note down so you can track your application status later.
- Once your application has been received, a Booth Level Officer (BLO) will visit your home to verify your address.
- After successful verification, you will receive your voter’s ID card with the updated address.
How to Change Address in Voter ID Card Offline in Haryana
If you have relocated to a new city/state or have changed your address, you are required to update the address on your voter ID card as well. This is to ensure that the information is always updated, since your voter ID card can be used as address as well as identity proof.
Instead of having to re-register in the constituency at your new place of residence, you can opt to merely transfer your name to the electoral roll of that constituency. In this way, you are not required to go through the entire voter registration process again, and all your details will be migrated or transposed to the new constituency seamlessly.
To update your voter ID card address, the Haryana Election Commission has streamlined the process, making it quicker and less cumbersome. The process for offline address change is mentioned below:
- Visit the nearest electoral office and collect a copy of Form 8A, the form for transposition of name from electoral rolls.
- Fill in the form with all the relevant information and include a copy of proof of your current address, such as utility bills, rent agreement etc.
- Submit the form and supporting documents to the electoral office.
- On receipt of your application, a Booth Level Officer (BLO) will visit your home to verify the address you have provided.
- On successful verification of your address, you will be issued a voter ID card with the changed address. You can collect this from the electoral office or it will be sent to you by post.
Haryana Elections 2019
Haryana Assembly Elections 2019
Key dates for the upcoming elections are given below:
|Issue of notification||27 September 2019|
|Last day to file nomination||4 October 2019|
|Scrutiny of nominations||5 October 2019|
|Last day to withdraw nominations||7 October 2019|
|Election day||21 October 2019|
|Counting of votes||24 October 2019|
The key political parties contesting the state elections in Haryana are the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) who are currently in power. Regional parties such as the Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) and the Jannayak Janta Party (JJP) will be vying for power, along with the Indian National Congress (INC).
The Lok Sabha elections in Haryana will be held in one phase on May 12 for 10 Lok Sabha seats.The results of the Lok Sabha elections in 2014 were as follows:
|Name of political party||Number of seats won|
|Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)||7|
|Indian National Lok Dal (INLD)||2|
|Indian National Congress (INC)||1|
Political facts about Haryana
The major political parties in Haryana are Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Indian Nation Lok Dal (INLD) and Indian National Congress (INC). There are 10 Lok Sabha seats and 90 legislative assembly seats in Haryana.
Chief minister of Haryana
Manohar Lal Khattar is the chief minister of Haryana.
Election commissioner of Haryana
Dr. Dalip Singh is the election commissioner of Haryana.