Oracle Fin Serv is one of the leading IT solution providers in India. Many banks benefit from the financial services software offered by them.
Also known as Market Cap, market capitalisation is the total market value of the company’s outstanding shares. This number helps investors to assess the worth of the company. The current market capitalisation of Oracle Fin Serv is Rs 33,120.28 crore.
Oracle Fin Serv wealth and recent performanceQ1 Results for FY19
From the unaudited consolidated financial results for the first quarter of the financial year spanning 2018–2019, we can observe the following:
- The total income of the company rose from Rs.1,124 crore in the previous quarter to Rs.1,392.9 crore in the current quarter.
- While the other net income of the company did not grow by much over the quarter, the revenue from operations showed a solid increase.
- The revenue from operations increased from Rs.1,075 crore in previous quarter to Rs.1,344.8 crore in the current quarter.
- The total expenses of the company rose to Rs.733.5 crore, down from Rs.737.6 crore in the previous quarter.
- The profit before tax increased from Rs.386.4 crore in the previous quarter to Rs.659.4 crore in the current quarter.
- The net profit for the period was Rs.401.8 crore, up from Rs.235.7 crore in the previous quarter.
From the annual report released by the company for the FY18, we get the following results:
- There was a 2% increase in the company’s revenue on a consolidated basis.
- On the same consolidated basis, the net income of the company increased by 4%.
- By the numbers, the revenue from operations increased from Rs.4,426.5 crore in the previous financial year to Rs.4,527.4 crore in the current financial year.
- The finance income decreased from Rs.149.1 crore in the previous year to Rs.79.48 crore in the current year.
- The total income of the company was Rs.4,618.1 crore in FY18, up from Rs.4,5829 crore in FY17.
- The profit before tax increased from Rs.1,756.9 crore in FY17 to Rs.1,840.4 crore in FY18.
- The profits for the year rose from Rs.1,185.3 crore in FY17 to Rs.1,237 crore in FY18.
- The company’s board recommended that a final dividend of Rs.130 per share with a face value of Rs.5 each be issued for the FY18.
- As of FY18, the company had Rs.2,646 core as cash and bank balances.
From the audited standalone financial results for the final quarter of the financial year spanning 2017–2018, we can see the following:
- The total income of the company was Rs.971 crore. This was an increase from the total income in the preceding quarter which was Rs.920.6 crore.
- The total income comprises two parts—revenue from operations and other net income. The total income from operations increased from Rs.905.8 crore in the previous quarter to Rs.929.3 crore in the current quarter. The other net income of the company grew multifold to Rs.41.6 crore in the current quarter, up from Rs.14.8 crore in the previous quarter.
- The total expenses of the company rose from Rs.578.4 crore in the previous quarter to Rs.659.6 crore in the current quarter.
- While the company managed to decrease its expenses with regard to travel and professional fees, the employee costs and other expenses increased by a lot. Therefore, in total, the decreases were offset by the increases, resulting in a net increase in the costs of the company.
- The profit before tax decreased from Rs.342.2 crore in the previous quarter to Rs.311.3 crore in the current quarter.
- The net profit for the current quarter dropped to Rs.177.4 crore from Rs.225.9 crore in the previous quarter.
- The total comprehensive income for the quarter was Rs.177.7 crore whereas the same was Rs.228.4 crore in the previous quarter.
From the consolidated audited financial results for the quarter ending March 2018, we can observe the following:
- The total income for the quarter rose from Rs.1,075.6 crore in the previous quarter to Rs.1,124 crore in the current quarter. While there was not much of an increase in the revenue from operations, there was a lot of growth in the other net income.
- The total expenses of the company climbed from Rs.653.3 crore in the previous quarter to Rs.737.6 crore in the current quarter.
- The profit before tax dipped from Rs.422.2 crore in the previous quarter to Rs.386.4 crore in the current quarter.
- The total tax expenses for the period increased to Rs.150.6 crore from Rs.132.5 crore in the previous quarter.
- The net profit for the quarter was Rs.235.7 crore, down from Rs.289.6 crore in the previous quarter.
- As per the Q3 report for fiscal year 2018, the net income of Oracle Fin Serv stands at Rs.290 crore, which is down by 9% on a year-over-year basis.
- The revenue recorded for the quarter was Rs. 1,059 Crore, which is 6% on a year-over-year basis.
- For nine months that ended on 31 December 2017, the company made a revenue of Rs.3,452 crore which is an increase of 2% compared to the previous year.
- The operating income for nine months that ended on 31 December 2017 was Rs. 1,412 crore which is 14% higher than the previous year.
- The net income for nine months that ended on 31 December 2017 was Rs. 1,001 crore which is 5% higher than the previous year.
Oracle Fin Serv stock trends in 2018
- The share price of Oracle Fin Serv as of 01 January 2018 was Rs.4,100.00.
- As IT stocks slipped and the shares of many leading IT solution providers dipped, the share prices of Oracle Fin Serv also dipped and traded at Rs.4,060.05 on 16 January 2018.
- The highest price for the month was recorded on 24 January 2018 when Oracle Fin Serv shares traded at Rs.4,275.
- The month of February started with Oracle Fin Serv stocks trading at Rs.4,170.05.
- Though the share price increased further and traded at Rs.4,244 on 05 January 2018, it quickly dipped to Rs.4,091.05 by the 8th of the month.
- By the end of February prices dipped further to Rs.3,860 and investors looked for positive outcomes in the month of March.
- The share price of the company was about Rs.3,855 in the beginning of the month of March 2018. The stock dipped in price over the course of the first week of the month and increased in price over the course of the second week of the month, regaining whatever it had lost. After this, over the course of the last couple of weeks of the month, the stock dipped in price to close at about Rs.3,745 at the end of the month.
- The stock gained strongly over the first few days of April 2018 but dipped a little in price towards the close of the first week. This dip was temporary however, and the stock began gaining after that. The stock breached the Rs.4,000 mark during the course of this month. The final price at the close of the month was about Rs.4,310.
- There was a steep dip in prices after the first week of May 2018. The final price for the month of May 2018 was about Rs.3,942.
- The price of the stock dipped some more over the course of the first week of June 2018 but the stock recovered during the course of the next week. The stock regained a price over Rs.4,000 and the final price at the close of the month was about Rs.4,074.
- The price of the stock dipped again in July 2018. This time the stock went below the Rs.4,000 mark again. The stock did not regain its previous month’s closing price during July 2018. While there was a steep dip in prices over the course of the first week of the month, the stock stabilised in price over the course of the rest of the month. The price remained more or less steady. The final price for the month was about Rs.3,878.
- The share price began climbing in August 2018. A final 2600% dividend was announced on 6 August 2018. The stock regained its price of over Rs.4,000 again during the course of this month. The stock closed for the month at about Rs.4,160.
Oracle Fin Serv stock trends in 2016 and 2017
- On 01 January 2016, the share prices of Oracle Fin Serv was trading at more than Rs.3,700.
- During the month of February, the share prices started to fall. This was soon after Oracle Fin Serv released their Q3 reports.
- Though Oracle Fin Serv was issuing equity shares and was taking other measures to revive the share prices, the prices further dipped to Rs.3,232 on 24 February 2016.
- By the beginning of April, prices picked up and was trading at Rs.3,529 on the first day of the month.
- Though the month of August saw better days, during September 2016, the share prices of Oracle Fin Serv dipped.
- On 01 September 2016, the trading price of Oracle Fin Serv share stood at Rs.3,456.60.
- The share prices dropped to about Rs.3,055 in the month of December. By the end of the month the prices further dipped to Rs.3,131.
- The Oracle Fin Serv shares were trading at around Rs.3,100 by the beginning of January 2017.
- By April of 2017, the share prices had picked up. The share price stood at Rs.3,857 on 06 April 2017.
- As of 05 September 2017, the share prices stood at Rs.3,599.
- On 01 December 2017, the Oracle Fin Serv share price stood at Rs.3,690.05. Throughout the month of December, the share prices increased positively and ended at Rs.4,066.40.
Should you invest in Oracle Fin Serv?
- Oracle Fin Serv has signed multiple licence deals worth over $16 million this quarter. This is expected to increase the performance of the shares in future.
- Oracle Fin Serv has also signed multiple new customers in Australia, Canada, China, Ghana, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, U.K., Thailand, U.S. and Vietnam which is supposed to improve the revenue of the company and thereby increase the share price.
- During the current quarter, Oracle Fin Serv did not perform great on a year-to-year basis on many platforms. 16 customers went live on Oracle Financial Services software.
- A leading public sector bank in India has signed a new deal to utilize Oracle Financial Services Analytics Applications which is expected to boost the revenue of the company in the near future.
- According to their Q3 report for fiscal year 2018, they have signed up with many top level companies which projects a bright future for Oracle Fin Serv.
Oracle Fin Serv is one of the leading global providers of software like cloud computing. The company provides leading-edge capabilities in software as a service, platform as a service, infrastructure as a service, and data as a service.
History of the Company
Oracle Fin Serv or Oracle Financial Services Software Limited(ofss) is a subsidiary of Oracle Corporation. This leading T solution provider to the banking industry has more than 900 customers spread across 145 countries in the globe.
Lawrence J. Ellison- Executive Chairman of the Board and Chief Technology Officer
Lawrence J. Ellison founded Oracle in 1977 and served as CEO until September 2014.
Jeffrey O. Henley- Vice Chairman
From 1991 to 2004, Jeffrey O. Henley served as Oracle’s chief financial officer and an executive vice president. Prior to joining Oracle in 1991, Henley served as executive vice president and chief financial officer at Pacific Holding Company.
Oracle Fin Serv Stock Listing in NSE, BSE and Indices
Oracle Fin Serv Stocks are available for trading on the National Stock Exchange Limited (NSE) and the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE). The codes for the same are as follows:
BSE - 532466
NSE - OFSS
ISIN - INE881D01027
SECTOR - COMPUTERS- SOFTWARE
Oracle Fin Serv Towers,
Oracle Park, Off. Western Express Highway,
Stocks vs. Mutual Funds: here's what we recommend
Stock market investments require a lot of research and knowledge. They do not generally offer any tax benefits and are regarded as high-risk investments. Hence,it is crucial to have a diversified portfolio. At Bankbazaar, we encourage our readers to invest on mutual funds.It doesn't require a lot of knowledge and equity linked mutual fund schemes offer tax benefits. Additionally, since mutual funds comprise stocks from multiple companies, they help in building a diversified portfolio.