The Unified Payment Interface(UPI) offered by HDFC Bank enables customers to make real-time transactions through a single platform operating on their mobile phones. A customer can link multiple accounts to the virtual payment address that he/she creates as an identifier on the app. Customers do not have to share sensitive information such as HDFC savings account number, IFSC code, etc. while making payments through the app. Using the application, customers can also receive funds from other users.
Key Features and Benefits of HDFC Bank UPI
The salient features and benefits of the HDFC Bank UPI are listed below:
- A customer can perform real-time fund transfer using the IMPS platform, on a 24x7 basis.
- The service is available to users that hold accounts with HDFC Bank. A customer of another bank can also use the app if the bank is live on UPI and the IMPS platform.
- Customers are not required to share their confidential information such as bank account number, IFSC code, Aadhaar number, etc. while performing fund transfers, making it a secure money transfer option.
- The following parameters are used to send and receive money using the app:
- A virtual payment ID that is similar to an email ID
- Aadhaar number that is also not revealed
- The customer’s mobile number registered to the service
- IFSC code and account number that will be protected
- A customer can perform fund transfers from several accounts using the same mobile app. All he/she needs to do is link the accounts to his/her virtual payment address.
- The mobile banking MPIN of the customer is used by the app.
- The transactions that are performed through the app are currently free of cost.
- The maximum amount that can be transferred through HDFC Bank UPI in a day is Rs. 10,000 from a HDFC account and Rs.25,000 in total.
Registration and Fund Transfer
A customer can register to use the HDFC Bank UPI through the following steps:
- The customer uses his/her login ID and IPIN for internet banking to initiate an IMPS transaction.
- An OTP will be sent to the customer to verify the mobile number.
- Once your mobile number is validated, enter your name and click on “Register”.
- In order to send money to a recipient, the customer needs to log in to the HDFC Mobile app and click on the ‘One-Time Fund Transfer’ option available on the home screen.
- Following this, he/she enters the recipient’s mobile number, amount to be transferred, and MMID. He/she will have to confirm the transaction to complete the money transfer.
- In order to receive funds from another user, the customer should follow these steps:
- Register his/her mobile number with the bank account.
- Get the MMID from the bank.
- Share the MMID and mobile number with the sender.
- Request the sender to transfer funds.
- Check the SMS confirmation regarding the money received through IMPS.
If customers have any queries regarding the usage of the app or would like to raise concerns, an efficient customer service team of the bank will assist them. The HDFC Bank customer service cell can be contacted at 1800 209 5363. The customer care team is available on a 24x7 basis to assist users of UPI.
HDFC Bank UPI FAQs
- With what type of accounts can I make transactions using the HDFC Bank UPI facility?
You can make transactions if you have either a savings or a current account.
- Is it possible to add another bank account other than HDFC to transfer funds through the HDFC Bank UPI facility?
Yes, you can add multiple bank account to transfer funds through the HDFC Bank UPI facility provided your mobile number is registered with that bank as well.
- What details of the beneficiary should be included before making a transaction?
You should enter the bank name, account number and IFSC code of the beneficiary before making a transaction. Apart from this you can also add the Virtual Payment Address (VPA) of the beneficiary to make a transaction.
- Can I transfer money abroad? Are there any subscription fees?
There are no subscription fees but the usual SMS charges during registration are applicable. No you cannot transfer money abroad.
- Is there a transaction limit for the HDFC Bank UPI facility?
The HDFC UPI facility allows you to transfer or receive up to Rs.10,000 per day from your HDFC account, and a total of Rs,25,000 from other accounts.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.