The Atal Pension Yojana can be taken by any Indian citizen between the ages of 18 and 40 years. The pension returns are given after the subscriber turns 60. Hence, contributions need to be made by the enrolled member at least for 20 years.
Age limit for Atal Pension Yojana should be atleast 18 years old and up to the age of 40 years. Since the pension payments start at 60 years, the enrolled member should have made regular monthly contributions for at least 20 years before being eligible to withdraw the pension. This scheme is limited to workers who fulfill certain eligibility criteria as listed in the next section.
Atal Pension Yojana Eligibility
- The applicant should not be a member of any other state or central government aided Social Security scheme that provides pension or operates on similar principles.
- The member should have a bank account that is active and KYC compliant. The bank account acts as a medium of exchange to facilitate monthly contributions from the member and to disburse pension after attaining the retirement age.
- Must be willing to make regular contributions into the pension fund without delay, failing to which the member will be liable to pay a monetary penalty.
How to Enrol for Atal Pension Yojana?
To open a pension account under the Atal Pension Yojana scheme, the aspirant can walk into any of the banks listed as an aggregator. Other enrolment agencies listed on the PFRDA website can also help you with regard to opening an account. Almost all the banks(public and private sector) and microfinance institutions in India are registered as an aggregator to facilitate opening of the pension account.
You will be required to fill the Atal Pension Yojana form along with a list of documents to be submitted at the bank. Registered aggregators act as middlemen to facilitate opening and administration of the pension account. After attaining the retirement and becoming eligible to draw pension from the same bank.
Atal Pension Yojana Top Pages
Atal Pension Yojana Other Pages
- Atal Pension Yojana ICICI Bank
- Allahabad Bank Atal Pension Yojana
- Atal Pension Yojana Canara Bank
- Atal Pension Yojana Tax Benefits
- Atal Pension Yojana UCO Bank
- Atal Pension Yojana Pension Return
- Indusind Bank Atal Pension Yojana
- Syndicate Bank Atal Pension Yojana
- Union Bank of India Atal pension Yojana
- Vijaya Bank Atal Pension Yojana