Here we are! The internet revolution is upon us, and everything from massive data, movie bookings, purchase of furniture and tips on acing that JEE exam are now available online. However, when it comes to something a tad more ‘serious’, like purchasing car insurance online, many people develop cold feet. What is it that prompts us to enlist the help of a car insurance agent, against exploiting the simplicity and convenience of buying a comprehensive car insurance policy online? Maybe it is our hesitation to accept the online media as a proper channel for this activity, or maybe we are irrevocably tuned to the conventional means of doing things and aren’t very keen to test a revolutionary new idea. After all, old habits die hard!!
Presented below are 5 express reasons to purchase your next car insurance policy online or pay car insurance premium online. As noted before, its all about combining convenience with simplicity.
Lots of Options- Whilst the offline search for car insurance policies may seem convincing enough, you aren’t actually seeing the whole picture. It’s not your fault- legwork can be daunting, and you cannot convincingly check out all the available options in a defined period of time. Thus, checking out all the available options (inclusive of the pros and cons, terms and conditions, qualification factors and peer reviews) online makes for a very sensible choice.
Avoid the Mind Games- When dealing with a car insurance agent, you are forced to match wits with a fellow human being who isn’t an impartial authority with regards to what suits your condition the best. He is a salesman who is trying to sell you a product, ergo, all the marketing tricks are in play. Thankfully, this isn’t a problem when buying car insurance policy online. In light of all the information before you, an informed and accurate decision can be made instantly.
Buying Online is Cheaper- Insurance companies prefer it if you buy their car insurance policies and/or pay your premiums online. This is because the said companies don’t have to pay the agents any hefty commissions and the commonly incurred costs pertaining to sales, documentation and other facets of the policy are saved. Thus, the costs are kept low and all the benefits reaped are passed onto the customer. It is a win-win situation for both the insurance company and the customer.
Discounts and Offers- To encourage people to purchase car insurance policies online, insurers, in collaboration with partners, offer lucrative discounts and offers. For instance, some credit cards such as the ones offered by Citibank and Standard Chartered Bank offer 5% cashback to their cherished customers as and when they affect a credit card transaction. Why not use this facility to pay your car insurance premium and avail a sizable profit?
Its Faster, Safer and Simpler- Obviously, running a rat race to find the plan versus checking out the ‘one’ online are poles apart in terms of the time, energy and patience involved. Plus, insurers ensure that when it comes to safety, financial transactions on their websites are akin to the online equivalent of Fort Knox. Plus, procedures are so simple, even a child could complete them all (not a recommended proposition though).
Hence, buying the car insurance policy online is totally worth it when compared to buying from the traditional sources. In this modern age of internet, fast connectivity and banking’s enhanced presence online, choosing the slower option could be considered a costly mistake.
- All You Need To Know Before Insuring Your Car In India
- Looking To Switch Insurance Companies? Read This
- Keep These Points In Mind Before Renewing Your Auto Insurance Policy
- Why Your Car Insurance Claim Was Denied
- Consumables Cover In Car Insurance - Coverage And Claim Process
- The Engine Protect Add-on Cover In Car Insurance Demystified
- Incorporate Changes In Your Car Insurance Policy Through Endorsements
- Why Should You Insure Your Car?
- Saving Money On Car Insurance Is This Easy
- When Should You Get Your Car Inspected?
- How Engine Capacity Of Your Car Is Important In Determining Its Insurance Rate
- When Should You Not Claim Under Your Car Insurance?
- Online Or Offline Purchase Of Motor Insurance - Which One Would You Choose?
- How To Detect Fraudulent Car Insurance Policies
- All You Need To Know While Insuring Your CNG Vehicle
- Points To Note Before Cancelling Your Car Insurance
- What You Should Know About IDV In Car Insurance
- How Insurers Calculate Premiums In India
- Get Adequate Protection Through Car Insurance Add-on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Customer Care
- Bharti Axa Car Insurance Customer Care
- Chola Ms Car Insurance Customer Care
- Future Generali Car Insurance Customer Care
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care
- IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Customer Care
- Liberty Car Insurance Customer Care
- Magma Hdi Car Insurance Customer Care
- National Car Insurance Customer Care
- New India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Oriental Car Insurance Customer Care
- Reliance Car Insurance Customer Care
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Customer Care
- SBI Car Insurance Customer Care
- United India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance Customer Care
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017