Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between Bajaj Finserv Limited 74% and Allianz SE 26% as on 31st March 2013.Bajaj Allianz General Insurance won the award for "Best General Insurance Company in the Private Sector" by ABP News - Banking, Financial Services & Insurance Awards The BFSI Awards 2014 recognizes the best performances of various Banking, Finance & Insurance Services.
Key Benefits of Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance
Cashless Claim Networks
• With Bajaj Allianz, experience the convenience of cashless claim settlement for your vehicle’s repair at any of the 4000+ preferred network garages.
• Enjoy the benefit of receiving 75% on your account payment in case of unavailability of cashless facility at your preferred garage.
• Avail attractive discounts for a Claim Free Experience or when you opt for Voluntary Excess.
• You are entitled to a discount if you are a member of the Automobile Association or you have installed an approved anti-theft device in your vehicle.
Accidental Cover /Customer Support
• This policy offers you (the driver of the insured vehicle) Personal Accident Cover in the event of Permanent Total Disability or death, resulting from an accident involving the insured vehicle.
• You can contact the company’s dedicated customer helpline in case of any queries relating to your car insurance policy.
Add-on Covers for Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance
• Under Consumables, the company will cover the cost of consumables required to be replaced or replenished while the insured vehicle is undergoing repair following an accident.
• Consumables include items such as gearbox oil, AC Refrigerant, nuts, screws, bolts, windshield washer liquid, radiator coolant, battery electrolyte, fuel filter, bearings and other items of a similar nature, excluding fuel.
• In case the insured vehicle is undergoing repairs at a network garage following an accident, and your claim for accidental damage is accepted, you are entitled to receive a specified amount as per day cash benefit.
• The Conveyance Benefit amount is dependent on the plan which you have chosen.
In case the insured vehicle meets with an accident and the occupants suffer any bodily injury which results in Permanent Total Disability or Death, the Accident Shield Cover shall compensate them for the loss.
Inclusion & Exclusion in Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance
• Own Damage – Loss / damage due to natural calamities (earthquake, lightning, flood, typhoon, storm, hurricane, hailstorm, landslide, etc.), man made perils (fire, explosion, self-ignition, theft, burglary, house break-in, terrorist acts, etc.), accidental external means or during transit via rail, road, air, lift or inland waterway.
• Liability To Third Parties - Takes care of any expenses arising due to an injury / death / damage to property of a third party following a car accident involving the insured vehicle.
• Personal Accident Cover – Provides you or your legal heir with the Sum Assured following an accident involving the insured vehicle which has resulted in your permanent total disablement or death.
• Any loss caused outside the specified geographical area.
• Any claim arising out of any contractual liability or consequential loss.
• Any damage occurring while the vehicle is being used for purposes other than what are specified in the policy.
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Policy Highlights Updated on 23 Nov 2017
|Third Party Cover||Upto 7.5 L|
|Cashless Network Garages||4000+|
|Incurred Claim Ratio*||72.07%|
|Net Earned Premium*||288564|
|Covers Provided||Basic Cover with Best Value, Standard & Flexible Plans|
*For Year 2015-2016
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Overview
When it comes to comprehensive, customer friendly and robust car insurance policies in India , Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance is definitely a pack leader. A popular choice, car insurance policies from Bajaj Motor Insurance are marked by a professional customer support initiative, long list of amazingly friendly features and benefits, alongside Bajaj’s years of visibility as a trustworthy and reliable brand in the Indian marketplace. The other partner in this combine, Allianz SE, is a European financial services powerhouse that is known for its dominance in the International insurance market. Together, Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance offers the compatibility of a local partner combined with the expertise of an Internationally known insurance expert. A win-win situation all around.
Why Choose Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance?
The hallmarks of any good car insurance product in India is the associated simplicity of procurement, the range of features and benefits offered, with the backing of a responsive customer support wing. Bajaj Motor Insurance offers all this, and more:
- An impressive selection of 4000+ network garages spread across the country, wherein cashless settlements can easily be availed.
- Where cashless facility is not available, upto 75% of the repair costs are covered on account payment.
- The claim settlement cycle is hassle free, fast and dependable.
- Buying the Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance online is very simple and fast.
- When transferring your existing policy to Bajaj Car Insurance, upto 50% of the existing and applicable No Claim Bonus (NCB) can also be transferred.
- Avail Bajaj Allianz’s world beating customer support team, 24x7, and with any query concerning your car insurance policy, claims process or other such details. Yes, this facility is available on Sundays and holidays too.
- Just as in the case of online purchase, Bajaj Allianz Motor Insurance Renewal is infinitely simple.
- Timely services such as towing facility, roadside assistance (again, 24x7), key replacement, accident shield, etc. makes Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance your constant companion on and off the road.
- Raised a claim? Instant claim assistance through the 24x7 customer support and regular SMS/email updates with regards to the claim status will always keep you in the know.
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Coverage
As per the dictates of the Bajaj Car Insurance policy, the following conditions are covered with regards to your vehicle:
|Natural Reasons||These include such natural catastrophes as fire, earthquake, hurricane, cyclone, lightning, landslide, rockslide, and other such uncontrollable acts of nature.|
|Man-Made Reasons||Damage or complete loss of the vehicle due to intentional/unintentional acts of man are also covered by this car insurance policy from Bajaj Allianz. These include theft, acts with malicious intent, terrorism, strikes, accidents caused to external means, damage caused to vehicle when being transported through the road, railways, flight, lifts, etc.|
|Personal Accident Cover||If the owner/driver of the vehicle encounters an unfortunate accident whilst driving or utilizing the vehicle in line with its intended purpose, than he/she is saved the financial implications of such an accident with a Rs.2 lakh Personal Accident Cover. Additionally, passengers of the vehicle and drivers other than the owner who may be victims of such an accident are protected by additional personal accident covers.|
|Third-Party Liability||This is intended as protection against possible financial liabilities wherein the insured’s vehicle is responsible for/is a participant in an accident that resulted in the damage/loss of third-party property and/or injury/death of a third-party individual. This cover doesn’t benefit the insured directly, but saves him/her from the costly legal, medical and/or repair bills that the affected party is likely to forward for settlement.|
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Plans at a Glance
Who doesn’t like choices? And if the choices ahead of you are customized to various personalized insurance demands, then that’s icing on the cake. Bajaj Allianz has always been commended for its people centric ways- a trend that is continued with the various Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance plans that are intended to be simple to apply, manage and claim upon. Bajaj Allianz offers the following car insurance policies in India,
|BEST VALUE||This is the basic, budget plan, intended for the non-power users. The premiums are cheaper and such conveniences as third-party liability and coverage for owner/driver are sufficiently loaded. While 24x7 roadside assistance is a welcome addition, little comforts like coverage for non-electrical components, NCB discount and accident coverage for co-passengers is optional. However, lower premiums equate to a lower measure of policy sponsored protection for the vehicle and its owner.|
|STANDARD||Midway between the best configuration and the aforementioned BEST VALUE, STANDARD balances robust financial protection for the vehicle and its owner/driver with the convenience of standard sized premiums. All the options and features available with the former are ramped up, alongside enhanced coverage for the vehicle and self, third-party liability coverage and a range of associated features.|
|FLEXIBLE PLAN||When it comes to Bajaj Car Insurance, the FLEXIBLE PLAN is the highest available configuration. All the basic features including own coverage, third-party liability, coverage against depreciation, etc. are enhanced and individually customized to meet the customer’s specific needs. This is the complete plan when it comes to car insurance from Bajaj Allianz and is also, the most preferred. Understandably, all these souped up features equate to slightly elevated premium pricing- a fact that isn’t a major concern when round the clock, comprehensive and quick assistance is the prospective customer’s specific requirements.|
What Are The Value-added Services Available With Bajaj Allianz Motor Insurance?
Value Added Services (VAS) are advanced paid services that are offered by Bajaj Allianz Motor Insurance company to its customers aside from the standard fare. There are a number of such options offered by Bajaj Motor Insurance that are tuned to be more than just protection for the vehicle and its owner, but actually improve the quality of the drive and make driving an absolute pleasure.
The value added services offered by Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance are as follows-
24x7 Spot Assistance Cover- The name says it all. When faced with your vehicle’s complete/partial mechanical/electrical breakdown while cruising the road through a relaxing holiday, you will be glad that to have opted for this additional cover. The varied conditions wherein this cover proves its worth include, dead battery, empty fuel tank, flat tyre(s), medical help, minor repairs, etc.
Keys & Locks Replacement Cover- Misplacing or losing your vehicle’s keys is a very common occurrence, and replacing it in time could be costly and time consuming. This aptly named cover will account for the aforementioned replacement costs. Also, if the loss of the keys has spooked you enough about the security risks involved with the compromised lock, then the cover also refunds the cost incurred in replacing said lock(s). Note that the benefits of this cover can be availed only once through the policy tenure.
EEZEE Card- A play on the word ‘Easy’, the EEZEE card offers Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance’s returning customers a range of exclusive benefits that primarily concern with medical procedures. If you renew the policy at the stipulated renewal notice price, then you are considered eligible for the EEZEE card. As part of the offer, discounts galore on such medical expenses as surgeries, OPD, pathological exams, lenses and optical frames, dentistry etc. Privilege medical partners aligned with Bajaj Allianz ensure that the customers are offered the best medical consultation and in-depth exams, as and when needed.
Personal Care Policy- This cover only applies for the owners of Skoda or Volkswagen manufactured vehicles, and only when these companies/non-banking financial institutions have financed your spanking new car. The personal care policy is inclusive of a number of thoughtful features, including- personal accident cover, provision of upto 3 EMIs in case the owner suffers an accident and isn’t able to support these commitments on a temporary basis, medical expenses cover and protection against financial liabilities in the form of unpaid EMIs when the insured/owner suffers an untimely demise or is permanently disabled due to an accident.
New Initiatives From Bajaj Allianz
Bajaj Allianz is the first insurer in India to provide telematics-based insurance. Telematics insurance focuses on offering insurance at differential premium rates based on the driving pattern and usage of a vehicle owner. Bajaj Allianz’s telematics device called DriveSmart is a vehicle tracking system that monitors the usage of a vehicle. In addition to monitoring the usage, it also tracks the condition of the vehicle including its battery and engine. Telematics works by combining a vehicle’s GPS system with information technology. Hence, it also helps in tracking your vehicle’s location and keeping it safe.
Features Of Bajaj Allianz Telematics Insurance
Some of the features of the telematics insurance service provided by Bajaj Allianz are as follows.
- Its monitoring system diagnoses the condition of the vehicle.
- It helps good drivers minimize their insurance premiums by providing accurate data on their usage and driving behaviour.
- Its vehicle tracking feature helps you share your location with friends and family members.
- It helps you create custom trips and provides interesting information about the routes you take.
- It allows vehicle owners/drivers to monitor their own driving behaviour. For instance, it can notify you when you are overspeeding or doing something detrimental to the vehicle.
- It helps you contact an automobile expert when you have a query regarding your car.
Documents Required When Applying For Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Policy
- Complete application form with requisite signatures and photograph.
- Copy of Driving License.
- Copy indicative of the vehicle’s registration.
- Copy indicative of the vehicle’s insurance status.
- Proof of payment of all associative tax.
- KYC documents including address and age proof.
- Other documents as and when required.
Alternatively, when applying for the Bajaj Allianz car insurance policy online, no actual documents needs to be submitted at that instance. The submission happens only when a claim is raised on the policy at a later date. Through the online route, the policy is issued instantly and the hard copy of this document is couriered to your registered address within 7 working days. Meanwhile, a digitally signed online copy is permanently available on Bajaj Allianz’s website for your kind inspection.
How To Apply For Or Renew Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Plans?
Technological advancement has made the process of applying for and renewing Bajaj Allianz car insurance real simple. You can apply for a policy simply by visiting the insurer’s website. Once you visit the website, you can either talk to an expert by providing your contact number in the online form or calculate the insurance premium on your own with the help of the car insurance premium calculator. When applying for insurance, you can also activate the renewal reminder to ensure that you get the right notification before the policy’s expiry. Renewal process is also quite the same. You have to choose your product in the Bajaj Allianz website and provide your insurance information. Once you provide the required details, you can simply pay the premium amount and continue with the plan.
Liability-Only Motor Insurance Policy By Bajaj Allianz
In the Indian context, every vehicle plying on the road is mandated per the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, to be covered by some form of basic third-party car insurance (also known as third-party liability insurance). This policy isn’t designed to benefit the insured directly, but provides him/her protection against possible financial liabilities arising from his/her vehicle’s participation in an accident that resulted in the damage/loss of third-party property or worse, death/permanent disability of a third party individual. Indeed, this is a very important component of the primary comprehensive car insurance policy and is also readily available as a stand-alone cover.
Speaking of third-party car insurance from Bajaj Allianz, the following conditions are accounted for-
- Accidental death/injury/permanent disability caused to third-party individual.
- Accidental damage/complete loss suffered by third-party property.
Conversely, the following conditions aren’t covered per the Bajaj Allianz third-party insurance policy-
- Damage/loss of property suffered by the insured. This includes the vehicle itself and other property in general.
- Death/injury suffered by the insured.
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Premium Calculator
The company’s online car insurance premium calculator helps you in determining the premium amount you will be paying for your car. By calculating the insurance premium for your car, you can compare it with other insurers in the market and opt for the best plan available. The car insurance premium calculator helps you determine the premium amount yourself without having to wait for an agent to give you a quote. The premium calculator tool can be accessed from the Bajaj Allianz website. The steps involved in the process are as follows:
- Enter the vehicle brand and model
- Select the vehicle location
- Select the vehicle year
- Fill in your personal details, including your phone number and email id
After completing the above process, you can get a quote for your car insurance premium without any delay. If you choose to buy the insurance policy, you can go ahead and pay the premium online.
How To Raise Claim On Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance?
Accidents and theft, when these dreaded menaces befall your much cherished four wheeler, its time for your thoughtful Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance policy to go to work. Treated individually,
Car suffers an unfortunate accident,
- Tow the vehicle to the nearest garage. Network garages are much preferred.
- Explain the damage and immediately contact Bajaj Allianz to register claim.
- Provide the correct address of the garage so that a Bajaj Allianz inspection team can visit the vehicle there.
- After confirmation of your claim, and suitable repairs by the garage, the bill will directly be settled with the latter by Bajaj Allianz. The insured will only pay for additional work, fits that aren’t covered by the comprehensive policy and costs that account for depreciation value, salvage etc.
- If repairs are done in a non-network garage, the owner/insured will initially settle the bill and submit the same to Bajaj Allianz for the suitable reimbursement.
Car is stolen,
- Report the loss at a nearby police station immediately and have an FIR initiated.
- Contact Bajaj Allianz to report loss.
- If vehicle is missing past the 90 days marker, get the ‘Non-Traceable Report’ from the police.
- Submit ‘Non-Traceable Report’ to Bajaj Allianz and raise claim.
How To Contact Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance To Initiate A Claim Or Report Loss?
- Toll free numbers: 1800-22-5858, 1800-102-5858, Chargeable: 020-30305858.
- Post the contact, regular SMS notifications keep you apprised about the claim status.
- When raising the claim/ reporting a loss, keep these details handy-
- Your complete contact details including address and phone numbers.
- Date, time and exact location where the accident or theft occurred.
- A brief description of the accident or loss.
- Vital stats of the vehicle, including engine and chassis number.
- Kilometers clocked by the vehicle, as displayed on the latter’s odometer.
- In case of the accident, provide the complete address for the vehicle’s resting location (ideally the garage) wherein Bajaj Allianz’s expert inspection team can drop in for a on-site examination.
- Post the contact, you will receive a ‘Claim Reference Number’ that can be quoted through all future interactions with Bajaj Allianz in this regard.
Documents Required When Raising A Claim/Reporting A Loss
|Claim form duly signed by the insured||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Copy of Vehicle’s RC||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Copy of Driving License||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|First two pages of the insured’s original policy document||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Original repair estimate as provided by garage||Yes||Yes||-|
|Original repair invoice||Yes||Yes||-|
|Payment receipt (for cashless garage- only repair invoice)||Yes||Yes||-|
|Post 90 days, ‘No-Trace Report’ as issued by the police||-||Yes||-|
|RTO transfer papers duly signed along with Form numbers 28, 29, 30 and 35 (if hypothecated)||-||Yes||-|
|Stamp required in case of company registered vehicle's original documents.||-||-||Yes|
Apply Offline (As per government regulations),
- Proof of valid certificate of registration
- Proof of valid certificate of insurance
- Proof of payment of tax
- Permit / P.U.C certificate
- Driving license
- Additional documents as might be required
- Initially, when applying Bajaj motor insurance online, no paperwork is required.
- Your policy is issued instantly, with the digitally signed policy available for your inspection 24x7. The hard copy of the policy will be couriered to you within 7 working days.
- No claim Bonus:If you have not claimed any insurance for a year, you will receive a ‘No claim Bonus’ which you can redeem in your next premium by availing a discount in a range of 20% to 50%.
- Insured’s declared value (IDV): It shows the current market value of your car by subtracting depreciation from the current selling price of your model by the manufacturer. It plays a great role in determining your insurance premium. Below are the depreciation rates mentioned to value your car:
- If your vehicle’s age is not more than 6 months, then the rate of depreciation would be 5%.If your vehicle’s age is more than 6 months but not exceeding 1 year, then the rate of depreciation would be 15%.
- If your vehicle’s age is more than 1 year but not exceeding 2 years, then the rate of depreciation would be 20%.
- If your vehicle’s age is more than 2 years but not exceeding 3 years, then the rate of depreciation would be 30%.If your vehicle’s age is more than 3 years but not exceeding 4 years, then the rate of depreciation would be 40%.
- If your vehicle’s age is more than 4 years but not exceeding 5 years, then the rate of depreciation would be 50%.
- If your vehicle’s age is more than 5 years and it has become obsolete, then the IDV for your vehicle would be the price decided between you and Bajaj Allianz.
- Voluntary Access: It is an access to the cost of your own damage that you are going to bear. On this, you will be entitled to the discounts on your own damage premium that are as follows:
- If the voluntary deductible is Rs.2500, then you will receive a 20% discount on your own damage premium subject to the maximum of Rs.750.
- If the voluntary deductible is Rs.5000, then you will receive a 25% discount on your own damage premium subject to the maximum of Rs.1500.
- If the voluntary deductible is Rs.7500, then you will receive a 30% discount on your own damage premium subject to the maximum of Rs 2000.
- If the voluntary deductible is Rs.15000, then you will receive a 35% discount on your own damage premium subject to the maximum of Rs 2500.
- Compulsory Access: It is the amount of loss or cost due to damage that has to be borne by the insurer compulsorily. The rates are mentioned below:
- For private vehicle that doesn’t exceeds 1500 cc, the amount of deductible is Rs.1000.
- For private vehicle that exceeds 1500 cc, the amount of deductible is Rs.2000.
- For motorised two wheelers, the amount of deductible is Rs 100.
- Renewal of policy:You have to renew your policy after every 12 months as the validity of a car insurance is just 12 months.
Therefore, these are the features, factors and coverage details of Bajaj Allianz car insurance. Such features and facts are overwhelming and can lure anyone to get his/her car insurance done at Bajaj Allianz.
And that’s absolutely perfect! If you get everything you want in your car insurance cover under one product with online accessibility, then why to choose for another and get yourself served in parts. Take a benefit of such a wide cover existing in a system and drive freely!
At the end, we would like to greet with lots of care and warmth. Drive safe as nothing is precious than your life.
- What is the meaning of Bajaj Allianz car insurance add on cover?
Bajaj Allianz car insurance gives policyholders the option of enhancing protection for their car against a much wider range of dangers and unforeseen circumstances (apart from those covered by a standard car insurance policy). These coverages are available on the payment of an additional premium and are hence known as add-on covers. Zero depreciation cover falls under this category, amongst many others.
- What is the process to settle the claim for Bajaj Allianz car insurance?
If your vehicle has met with an accident, then follow the below listed steps –
- Intimate the insurer about the accident immediately.
- If the accident has led to a huge damage to your car, then notify Bajaj Allianz insurer before taking the vehicle away from the accident spot. Due to this the insurer can go forward with a ‘spot inspection’ of the damaged car.
- You have to let Bajaj Allianz know the vehicle’s accurate insurance policy number, date, time and venue of the accident.
- Your vehicle can be taken to Bajaj Allianz authorised garage to figure out the estimation of repair charges.
- Once the company has received a duly filled insurance claim form, and an estimation of repairs and its cost, a thorough examination of the car will be organised to detect the extent of damage. Bajaj Allianz pays the repair cost to the garage, directly.
If the insured car is stolen then follow the following steps -
- Inform Bajaj Allianz within 24 hours of the theft of the car.
- File an FIR about the theft at the nearest police station within 24 hours. Submit the copy of the FIR to the insurer.
- An investigator from Bajaj Allianz will examine the truth in the claim. He will also collect the relevant documents as per the claim form.
- How do I settle my Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance claim if a third party injury has been caused by my insured vehicle?
Please follow the following steps for to settle this claim –
- Admit the injured person/persons to the closest hospital without any delay.
- File an FIR about the accident, at the closest police station. Safely keep a copy of the FIR.
- Do not make financial settlement or make compensation promises, to the affected third party, on behalf of Bajaj Allianz. Law doesn’t bind the insurer to these promises.
- Immediately inform Bajaj Allianz about the accident caused by your car and damage to the third party.
- What are the benefits of Bajaj Allianz car insurance?
The key benefits of Bajaj Allianz car insurance policy have been listed below –
- Smooth and hassle free settlement of claim.
- Protection against financial loss and legal issues.
- Package policies for enhanced protection of your car. Provides coverage against physical damage, third party liability, death or bodily injury, legal liability.
- Enhanced security for protection against damage, loss, calamities (natural and man made), and theft.
- Cashless settlement at over 1500 preferred garages
- Simple and fast purchase process provided online.
- Claims support provided 24X7 to customers
- Can I renew my Bajaj Allianz Car insurance policy?
Yes, of course. You can renew your car insurance policy, online by following just a few simple steps. Provide your previous/existing car insurance policy number with some other accurate details as asked by the company. Once this is done you can pay online and get your policy renewed. You can also choose Bajaj Allianz add-on covers for enhanced protection. Please make sure that you renew your car insurance policy before its expiration for continued protection of your vehicle. You can also renew your car insurance with Bajaj Allianz even if the previous policy was with some other bank.
- What is Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance depreciation?
Being a depreciating asset, the value of cars decrease over a period of time with more usage and wear and tear. This is called depreciation. In case of insured cars, the claim settlements are affected by depreciation of the car.
Car owners can pay higher/extra premium and enjoy Bajaj Allianz Car Insuranec zero depreciation add-on cover. Zero depreciation is usually not included in a standard car insurance policy. While settling insurance claims, insurers calculate and apply depreciation rate to arrive at the final amount payable for settling the insurance claim. The difference between the market price of the new part (for which the claim has been staked) and depreciated part needs to be sponsored by policyholder.
- What is the meaning of No Claim Bonus (NCB) in car insurance? Does Bajaj Allianz car insurance policy offer NCB?
No claims bonus (NCB), denotes the duration, i.e number of years in which the insurance policyholder has gone without making an insurance claim on his car insurance policy. Please note, that the worth of this NCB usually is different from one insurance company to another. The higher discount on your car insurance policy’s premium can be achieved by the more number of NCB over policy periods.
- What is car insurance voluntary excess?
Voluntary excess is an option that policyholders get to choose a certain amount of loss which they are willing to bear from every claim.
- My car is insured with Bajaj Allianz, and I am selling the car. Can I transfer my policy to the new owner?
Yes, on selling your car to someone, you can transfer the insurance to the buyer’s name. For this purpose, the buyer needs to apply for transfer of the car insurance with Bajaj Allianz. This needs to be done within 14 days after the date of transfer of bought car in his name. Apart from this, it also needs to be done after making payment of endorsement premium for the leftover policy period.
- Does Bajaj Allianz Car insurance cover the insured car against natural calamities?
Yes, Bajaj Allianz car insurance policy covers loss or damage caused to the insured car from natural calamities like –
- Flood, hurricane, typhoon, storm and cyclone
- Hailstorm and frost
- What are the manmade disasters that my car is protected from by Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance policy?
Bajaj Allianz car insurance policy protects loss or damage caused to your car from the following man made reasons –
- Theft and burglary,
- Riots and strikes
- Theft and burglary
- Accident by external means
- Damage caused in transit by road, rail, air, elevator, etc.
- Acts of terrorism and other malicious acts
- Does Bajaj Allianz Motor insurance offer third party insurance cover?
Yes, it does. Third-party insurance or third-party liability insurance cover for cars is compulsory as per Indian Motor Vehicles Act. Bajaj Allianz car insurance offers Third Party insurance cover at affordable rates, and provides enhanced protection from dangers and accidents.
News About Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance
Get Adequate Insurance Cover for Your Vehicle This Monsoon Season
Having a good vehicle insurance cover is important for every vehicle owner. Vehicle insurance becomes even more important during the monsoon season when vehicles are prone to damages from rains. The recent floods in Mumbai and Chennai are examples of what could happen when rains get worse during the monsoon season. During unexpected floods, vehicles suffer a great deal of damage and it costs a lot to repair them.
According to Manohar Bhat, Chief Business Head-Motor at Bajaj Allianz General Insurance, it is necessary to have adequate vehicle insurance cover during the monsoon season. For customers using high-end cars, it is better to have engine protection add-on during the monsoon season to minimise damages due to unforeseen events.
If you already have insurance cover for your vehicle, you must check with your insurer to understand the type of protection you have for your vehicle. By getting the right cover, you can minimise the costs associated with vehicle damages during monsoons.
11th September 2017
Bajaj Allianz introduces apps to minimise time for claim settlement
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance, a private life insurance company, has introduced new digital programmes to help policyholders apply for claim settlements conveniently. The company has come up with a motor on-the-spot option by launching its self-service smartphone app known as Insurance Wallet. This app will enable customers to file their motor insurance claims and track them properly.
This app will save a lot of time for policyholders. The average time taken used to be 7 days and now it is only around 20 minutes. The current limit for using this app is claims of up to Rs.20,000. The company aims to increase this limit to Rs.50,000.
15th June 2017
Bajaj Allianz Enters Telematics for Car Insurance
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance has released a telematics offering – the first of its kind in the industry, to incentivise customers and monitor their driving habits. Drive Smart, as it is called, is a device that can be installed into a car, after which it will offer real-time feedback on an individual’s driving patterns. The CEO and managing director of Bajaj Allianz General Insurance, Tapan Singhel, revealed that the new offering will help in incentivising individuals with good driving behaviour, and that motor insurance premiums will be fixed on a yearly basis and discounts will be provided only once data has been collected for 12 months.
28th September 2016
Bajaj Allianz Plans to Introduce Short-term General Insurance Covers
While there are countless insurers who offer long-term insurance plans, many a customer has expressed the need for a short term insurance cover, which can be purchased for a shorter period of time. Bajaj Allianz has taken the lead and has recently forwarded a proposal before the IRDA for launching short-term insurance plans, which are essentially insurance schemes providing accident and home cover over a shorter time period.
In addition to the above, the insurer has also proposed for technology-based vehicle insurance surveillance. While the law makes it compulsory for all vehicle owners to be covered under third party insurance, the compliance of the regulation is rather low. The suggestion proposed by Bajaj Allianz mentions that vehicle number plates be fitted with RFID chips, which will help in online tracking of insurance details of the vehicle any time it crosses a toll gate or similar monitored point.
16th September 2016
Ola and Bajaj Allianz Tie Up to Provide Insurance Solutions to Drivers
Ola has taken an great initiative by partnering with Bajaj Allianz to provide insurance solutions to drivers using their platform. Ola was rated India’s number one mobile app for transportation rivalling with Uber in the same industry. With this tie-up, driver partners can avail of car insurance easily and will benefit from a number of value-added services and add on covers. Bajaj Allianz will provide add ons such as Depreciation Shield and Engine Protector. They will also offer a network of over 4,000 preferred workshops. Ola driver partners will benefit from easy and convenient claim settlements. Bajaj Allianz and Ola will create a digital infrastructure soon that will enable transactions such as claims and policy purchases online.
1st April 2016
Proposal for De-Tariff of Third Party Motor Insurance to Be Made Soon
General Insurers like Bajaj Allianz are on the verge of suggesting a de-tariff on third party motor insurance premiums to the insurance regulator. The insurance companies are making this move in light of having to compulsorily provide insurance for high-risk vehicles. The Chief Technical Officer of Bajaj Allianz General Insurance, Motor Division had said that for third party liabilities, there is a need to move to market-based pricing. This is because the burden to cover high-risk vehicles falls on the insurer and the premium for this segment is insufficient. Bajaj Allianz will make a representation to the insurance regulator to de-tariff insurance premiums in third party car insurance just as it is in the own vehicle damage section. In 2007, premiums for own damage became market based. The proposal for market based tariffs for third party insurance will be made soon.
29th March 2016
Pay As You Drive Solutions for Motor Insurance in India
Insurance companies around the globe are bringing out new solutions for motor insurance to effect better pricing of premiums. Pay As You Drive (PAYD) is a solution that is in the pipelines and is receiving backbone support from Indian IT companies like Tech Mahindra, Infosys, TCS and Harman India. PAYD policies will allow companies to charge premium based on the driving patterns of the insured. It will taken into consideration the traffic violations and risk behaviour from the data recorded on the telematics-enabled car mobile device that will be installed in the insured’s car. So safe drivers will get lower premiums. This move might also encourage drivers to be safer on the roads. Global insurers such as Allianz AG have already adopted PAYD solutions in Europe, America and other developed markets. Their tie-ups have involved smartphone manufacturers, telecom providers and automakers. This has helped the insurance providers to enhance their underwriting process by involving driving behaviour and vehicle usage. Allianz AG along with other insurers have their presence in India through joint ventures like Bajaj Allianz.
23rd March 2016
Insurance Claim Issues For Those Who Have Flouted The Odd Even Rule
If you have flouted the odd even traffic rule recently implemented in the nation’s capital, then you might be in for some insurance claim related issues. A number of motor insurance provider are debating the idea whether or not to entertain insurance claims which might arise or have arisen during this period following the driver not adhering to the odd-even rule. As of right now, the matters awaits legal clarity. The rule which came into effect is now considered a full fledged law under Section 115 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. Though insurance companies are yet to take a decision on the matter, the policy regarding insurance claims regarding this rule could be different from insurer to insurer. While a senior official at Bajaj Allianz, a leading motor insurance provider in India did mention that the issue of insurance claims being affected by this rule could very well depend on the agreement done between the customer and the insurance provider. The odd even rule has been implemented in New Delhi following the alarming level of pollution which the city is witnessing of late, hoping the measure will help improve the quality of air in the city.
20th January 2016
On not being a Boo Boo when you drive – Bajaj Allianz
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co-operation has earned a strong reputation for itself by their transparent policies and honest approach to car insurance claims settlement. As a predominant player in country’s car insurance arena, its focus has been on delivering social awareness campaigns. The latest one, ‘Don’t be a boo boo’ is also regarding road safety. It was handled in a unique way by use of popular comic characters. The promotion is named, designed and intellectualized by WATConsult agency. The film shows Boo Boos, a family of 5 infamous cartoon characters who believe they are cut above mundane things like traffic laws. It is depicted in a relevant yet humorous way. The flamboyant boo boos drive around their respective automobiles giving two hoots about traffic rules, resulting in a vicious cycle of paying penalty or getting injured. This ad film is being endorsed across every social media and digital platforms, teaching users about Bajaj Allianz Motor insurance features as well as road safety.
27th November 2015
Bajaj Allianz app to help you settle car insurance claims
After hitting jackpot with its new-fangled notion of ‘virtual office’, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance will soon wish to achieve yet another milestone in its consumer-centric initiatives. India’s most favored general insurance provider intends to let clients settle claims independently with the help of their ground-breaking technology-led solution as informed by Mr. Tapan Singhel, CEO and MD of Bajaj Allianz. Elaborating the concept of utilizing modern technology for attaining client centricity, Singhel announced that the entire clientele will soon settle claims (only up to the specified limit) using this app. For instance, if in the unfortunate event of a motor accident (car insurance), the client only has to download this app and upload photos and other required papers as specified. Company will then send an estimate to the customer via the same app. Once both the parties agrees on the compensation, it will be transferred to the customer’s account.
13th November 2015
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017