HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd.
is a 74:26 joint venture between HDFC Ltd.,
India’s premier Housing Finance Institution and ERGO International AG, the primary insurance entity of Munich Re Group. HDFC ERGO offers complete range of general insurance products ranging from Motor, Health, Travel, Home and Personal Accident in the retail space and customized products like Property, Marine and Liability Insurance in the corporate space.
Key Benefits of HDFC ERGO Car Insurance
Cashless Claim Networks
• Enjoy cashless claim service at over 3400+ authorized network garages.
• Network of authorized garages located across India.
• Enjoy No Claim Bonus.
• Special discounts for members of the Automobile Association.
Accidental Cover /Customer Support
• You (as the owner/driver of the vehicle) are entitled to mandatory Personal Accident Cover (owner/driver of the vehicle) for up to Rs 2 lakhs against Permanent total Disability & Accidental Death.
• Cover also extends to the named or unnamed passengers of the vehicle up to the vehicle’s seating capacity and a driver.
• The dedicated customer care team ensures round-the-clock support for all your queries
Add-on Covers for HDFC ERGO Car Insurance
• Different add-on plans provide the facility of Zero Depreciation Claim.
• Zero Depreciation Claim protects your accrued No Claim Bonus amount in case of any loss occurring due to specified perils like damage to specific vehicle parts, damage by flood, etc.
Third Party Cover
You are covered against any Third Party Liability arising due to an injury or death of a third party
Personal Accident Cover
• This cover provides protection to you (owner/driver of the vehicle) up to Rs 2 lakhs against Permanent total Disability & Accidental Death.
• Cover also extends to the named or unnamed passengers of the vehicle up to the vehicle’s seating capacity and a driver.
Inclusion & Exclusion in HDFC ERGO Car Insurance
• Protection against damage due to fire, explosion, lightning, natural calamities (flood, earthquake, landslide, etc.).
• Cover against damage caused by theft, burglary, house break-in, terrorism, malicious acts, etc.
• Protection against any damage caused during transit by rail, road, air, inland waterways or lift.
• Damage caused by routine wear & tear, ageing of the vehicle.
• Damage caused by a person driving the vehicle without a valid licence or under the influence of intoxicants.
• Any loss of damage occurring outside India
• Electrical / mechanical breakdown of the vehicle, depreciation or any consequential loss.
*These Features may be included as part of different products and are subject to the insurer's terms & conditions.
HDFC Ergo Car Insurance Policy Highlights Updated on 17 Dec 2017
|Third Party Cover||Upto 7.5 L|
|Cashless Network Garages||3400+|
|Incurred Claim Ratio*||85.8%|
|Net Earned Premium*||79025|
|Covers Provided||Basic Cover, Road Side Assistance, Depreciation Cover|
*For Year 2015-2016
Why Choose HDFC Ergo Car Insurance?
A pleasing amalgamation of customer comfort, professionalism and robust features, HDFC ERGO Car Insurance is one of the best such insurance policies that you can purchase in India. Offering such friendly options as cashless claim in over 3400+ network garages across the country, instant online policy issue, professional 24x7 customer support and a plethora of other benefits, HDFC ERGO Car Insurance has rapidly acquired a staunch fan following and continues to impress year-on-year. With regards to the car insurance from HDFC ERGO, all situations pertaining to the safety of your car and the passengers inside, alongside possible damage, injury or death to a third party, is taken into serious consideration and dealt in terms of a well-rounded, comprehensive and scalable policy. HDFC ERGO Car Insurance is the subset of HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company, a progeny of two immensely respected and influential insurance concerns. HDFC Ltd, is one of India’s premier housing finance institution (74% stake) while ERGO International AG (26% stake) is the insurance wing of the Munich Re Group. HDFC ERGO General Insurance prides itself at being the 4th biggest private sector general insurance company in India, with 1700+ employees working in 104 branches across 87 cities.
How To Apply HDFC Ergo Car Insurance Online?
Private Car Insurance from HDFC ERGO General Insurance
Buying a car is often a major milestone in most people’s lives. Naturally, ensuring the safety and security of this investment comes high on a new car buyer’s list of priorities. This is where Private Car Insurance comes into play. A safeguard against potential losses that could be incurred from such natural calamities as earthquake, flood, hail and lightning, to man-made situations like theft or damages through accidents or riots, the private car insurance helps you recover your investment and not lose peace as well as property over freak accidents. Private car insurance from HDFC ERGO includes all these fundamental pointers as well as the basic clause of third party liability wherein you can pay for damages done to another person’s property by your vehicle. A true lifesaver, in waiting!!
Key Highlights & Features of HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance
- 3400+ authorized list of garages across India for cashless claim service.
- Simple to purchase without lengthy documentation. Can purchase online instantly.
- A complete suite of discounts for you to avail- No claim bonus, discount for Automobile Association members, age and profession based discounts.
- An expert customer support team to address all your queries and concerns.
- Covers a wide range of reasons that lead to loss or damage to the vehicle insured, including- accidents, theft, fire damage, explosion, self-ignition, lightning, riots, terrorism and other malicious acts, earthquakes, floods, landslides and rockslides, storms and other climatic conditions, transit by road, rail, waterways, air or lift.
- Liability to third parties-the policy also covers injury, death or damage caused to a third party via an accident that was caused by, or involves your vehicle.
- Personal Accident Cover-A compulsory accident cover, amounting to Rs.2 lakhs, that covers death and permanent total disability caused by a vehicular accident, comes as a append to this car insurance policy. This policy covers the named and unnamed passengers, alongside the insured owner driver, who might be seated per the recommended capacity of the vehicle, at the point of the unfortunate accident.
Benifits Of Applying HDFC Ergo Motor Insurance Online
For starters, purchasing or renewing your HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance Online saves you the trouble of visiting a HDFC ERGO outlet, which would involve a definite expenditure of time and effort. By purchasing the policy online with your credit/debit card or online banking, the highest measure of security as afforded to such online transactions will ensure the complete safety of your investment. Safe, fast and reliable, in one unbeatable package.
Additionally, enjoy the following benefits when you purchase the HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance online-
|Hassle Free Application Process||No documentations to submit nor verifications to affect at the time of online application. Thus, the process is faster and immensely hassle free.|
|Ready Support||HDFC ERGO customer support team is just a email or phone call away, to help sort all your queries or concerns through the online application process.|
|24x7 Coverage||Never run out of coverage between the time when your current policy ends and the policy renewal copies have not yet reached you by post. With online renewal, ready e-copy of the policy is issued for you to print out, and of course, stay insured without any breaks.|
|Unmatched Security||The online application process is immensely simple and intuitive, and also 100% secure. Thus, your investment stays safe and there is a ready paper trail for future references.|
There, the perks of opting to purchase or renew your HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance online. The additional, unspoken benefit is with regards to testing out an emergent and successful technology, while parting ways from the common rat race!
The HDFC ERGO Car Insurance policy is a robust, comprehensive, scalable and cost-conscious product that affords 100% protection for your car against accidents and theft, while also giving you 100% peace of mind. In order to enhance this protective experience, HDFC ERGO puts forth a number of add-on covers that provide additional protection against conditions that might not necessarily be covered in the main policy. The available add-ons are segregated into four types-
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Silver plan
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Gold plan
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Platinum plan
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Titanium plan
|Loss of Use/Down Time Protection||No||Yes||No||No|
|Engine and Gear Box||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|No Claim Bonus (NCB) Protection||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Cost of Consumables||No||No||No||Yes|
Herein, the applicable features are as follows-
Zero Depreciation- Subscribing to this add-on cover allows you to avail the full claim amount without losing any money over depreciation (the reduction in the value of the vehicle due to natural wear-and-tear that results from the vehicle’s normal usage over a period of time).
Loss of Use/Down Time Protection- This add-on cover takes care of your travel expenditures if the vehicle is parked in the garage for an extended duration of time or is lost and needs replacing. However, the following limitations will apply-
- The daily allowance will equal Rs.500 per day for private cars.
- Max 5 days for partial loss of vehicle and 15 days for total loss or theft claims. Thus, coverage applies in terms of 3 times for partial loss and only once in the latter’s case.
Engine and Gearbox- This cover applies to the damage incurred by the engine or gearbox of the insured vehicle due to water uptake, lubricating oil leakages or other issues arising from accidents.
No Claim Bonus (NCB) Protection- Usually, raising a claim on an insured vehicle nullifies the option to retain a No Claim Bonus (NCB). However, this add-on cover ensures that the NCB option still applies. However, the insured can avail up to a maximum of 3 claims per policy.
Cost of Consumables- This add-on cover takes care of the expenses incurred in the procurement of consumable products that are used in a vehicle, and are meant to replace said products in the event of any damage to the concerned vehicle.
Special Add Ons Given By HDFC ERGO
Return to Invoice- This HDFC ERGO Car Insurance add-on cover pays the difference between the Insured’s Declared Value (IDV) and the actual purchase value (as listed on the invoice) of the vehicle, in the case of a total loss or constructive total loss (liability is greater than 75% of the vehicle’s IDV). The exclusions to this rule are as follows-
- In case of theft, return to invoice doesn’t apply if the vehicle is recovered within 90 days.
- If the final investigation report with regards to the theft claim isn’t issued by the police authorities, as required.
Emergency Assistance Add On- The scope of this HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Add-On cover plan is to increase the protection accorded to the customers and decrease the financial liabilities faced by them in cases of accidents or permanent loss of the vehicle. This cover takes care of the following conditions-
|On-Site Minor Repairs of the Insured Vehicle||Specifically pertaining to the mechanical or electrical breakdowns that render the vehicle immobile.|
|Duplicate Keys||If keys are lost, a new set of keys are delivered to the insured’s residential address.|
|Locked or Lost Keys||Helping you gain access to the locked in keys, including such measures as breakage of glass or door bending (with your permission, of course). In case of lost keys, the vehicle will be towed to the nearest safe location, while a new set of keys must be arranged by the customer.|
|Battery Jump Start||Arrangement for jump starting a dead or malfunctioning battery.|
|Tyre Change||If the insured vehicle endures a flat tyre, the same will be replaced with the spare tyre as supplied by the customer. If the tyre cannot be replaced then either the vehicle will be towed to the nearest tyre repair shop or the customer ferried between the said shop and back to his/her vehicle.|
|Fuel Delivery||Upto 5 liters of fuel is supplied to the customer in cases where the insured vehicle runs out of fuel. The cost of the fuel will be incurred by the customer.|
|Emptying the Fuel Tank||If the fuel tank is filled with the wrong fuel, then the technicians contracted to HDFC ERGO will help empty the tank and complete the associated services.|
|Towing||The insured vehicle is towed to the nearest workshop/garage (as approved by HDFC ERGO) in the case of an accident or breakdown that rends the vehicle immobile.|
Emergency Assistance Wider Cover- As part of the HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance, this convenient add-on cover assists you in cases where the keys of the insured vehicle are lost, misplaced or stolen. In such cases, this cover will arrange for an alternate set of keys, provided the requisite police report is submitted.
Additional Discounts Given By HDFC ERGO Car Insurance
The additional discounts offered by the HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance policy are as follows-
Age Discount- This particular discount corresponds to the age of the insured and is worded as follows,
- If the age of the insured is between 35- 45 years, 5% discount is offered on Own Damage Section of the policy.
- If the age of the insured is between 46- 60 years, 10% discount is offered on Own Damage Section of the policy.
- Submission of PAN Card copy is a must to avail the discount.
- In case of online HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance policy, the proof of age must be submitted at the time of claim.
Occupation Discount- This particular discount corresponds to 5% OFF on the Own Damage Section of the policy and is relative to the occupation of the insured. The discount applies if the insured is-
- A practicing Chartered Accountant.
- Employed with the defense and paramilitary wings of the Indian armed forces.
- A teacher in a government approved school or other educational institutions.
- Employee working in a State or Central Government concern.
- Medical doctors who are recognized by any Government approved Medical Council.
- In case of online HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance policy, the proof of occupation must be submitted at the time of claim.
HDFC ERGO Third Party Motor Insurance?
Third party liability insurance, also referred to as ‘act only’ cover, protects the vehicle owner against the third party liabilities that may arise due to an unforeseen accident. A statutory requirement under the Motor Vehicles Act, third party liability insurance covers the damages suffered by any person who is not involved in the insurance contract.
HDFC ERGO motor insurance plan also offers you a comprehensive liability-only insurance scheme with features like dedicated support, hassle-free claim procedures and instant online policy option.
Things covered by HDFC ERGO Third Party Motor Insurance
A Liability Motor Insurance Policy as offered by HDFC ERGO covers the following clauses.
|Liability to Third Parties||In case of an accident to a third-person involving the policy holder’s vehicle, the policy covers all the legal liabilities that arise due to death or injury of the other party.|
|Personal Accident Cover for Owner & Driver||HDFC Ergo third party motor insurance also provides a compulsory personal accident cover for an amount of Rs.1 lakh to Rs.2 lakh against accidental death and permanent total disability.|
Things not covered by HDFC ERGO Third Party Motor Insurance? The following incidents and clauses are excluded by HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance for a third party.
- Claims that arise out of contractual liability
- Any kind of liability that is caused directly or indirectly by nuclear weapons material
- Death arising out of and in the employment period of a person in the employment of the insured beneficiary or in the employment of a person who is indemnified under this policy or bodily injury sustained by a third-party arising out of and in the course of employment.
How does the HDFC ERGO Third Party Liability-Only Insurance Scheme Work? When the beneficiary of a policy is someone other than the two-parties involved in the contract, it is called a “third-party” cover. One important point to note is that the HDFC ERGO third party motor insurance does not cover you or your motor vehicle. The policy is designed specifically to cover the legal liability for the damage that the beneficiary has caused to a third party.
Sum Insured per HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance
The coverage for your cherished vehicle will depend upon the manufacturer’s listed selling price, while subtracting the depreciation factor for each year or the Insured’s Declared Value (IDV). Herein, the IDV is the max amount payable in the event of a claim raised in relation to the total loss or theft of the vehicle.
The premium payable is decided upon the following factors- Sum Insured, Type of Vehicle, Age of the Vehicle, Place of Registration and the Type of Fuel Used (Petrol/Diesel/CNG/LPG).
Exclusions- Incidents that aren’t covered by the Policy
- General and natural ageing that results in wear and tear.
- Damage caused to vehicle when the driver wasn’t carrying a driver’s license, and/or driving under the influence of alcohol or other mood/mind stimulating substances.
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown.
- Damage to vehicle by war, mutiny or nuclear attacks.
- Any damage to the tyres and tubes of the vehicle isn’t covered by the policy. However, if the said damage occurred as part of a bigger accident that also resulted in damage to the other part of the vehicle, then the liability of the company shall be limited to 50% of the cost of replacement.
- Depreciation in line with the market scenarios and other external conditions.
- Loss of the vehicle or damage incurred while outside India.
How to Claim HDFC Ergo Car Insurance
The procedures involved when raising a claim on your HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance are as follows-
- Call HDFC ERGO’s toll free number to register your claim. This applies to claims raised in relation to accidents or permanent loss due to theft.
- After the intimation, you will be provided a unique claim number that will help with all your future correspondence with HDFC ERGO Car Insurance.
- Ask the customer support’s help to locate the nearest cashless garage in case of accidents. Also, you can request for towing or ambulance services if required.
- Important- If involved in an accident with another vehicle, ensure that you note down the latter’s number as well as the names and contact details of witnesses, if any.
- If there is property damage, injury, theft, major damages and/or third party injury, damage or death, report the incident to the nearest police station and file an FIR.
- Back at the network garage, get a repair estimate, complete the claim document and attach any other necessary documents as required.
- If the garage chosen by you isn’t listed under the HDFC ERGO network garages, then ensure that only genuine, manufacturer approved parts as sourced from authorized retailers are used in the ensuing repairs.
- Post the repairs, and after the same has been completed to your full satisfaction, pay ONLY for all the non-accident related repairs, depreciation, additional fittings and other small deductibles. The bulk of the payment will be settled by HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance with the garage.
FAQs - HDFC ERGO car insurance
- How much coverage does HDFC ERGO car insurance provide?
HDFC ERGO provides coverage for private cars depending on the listed selling price of the car and the Insured Declared Value. Claims can be made through cashless methods and policies can be availed instantly through the HDFC ERGO website.
- Does HDFC ERGO have an option to renew premiums online?
Yes, HDFC ERGO car insurance gives customers the option to renew their car insurance premiums online using their bank accounts or credit cards. Transfers from another insurer to HDFC ERGO motor insurance can also be done online while availing full benefits.
- How is no claim bonus handled with HDFC ERGO car insurance?
Customers can claim discounts on their premiums while renewing their policies based on the claims that they made during the year. A year without any claim guarantees that a customer gets a discount of 20% on the subsequent renewal. This percentage increases by 5% when an additional claim-less year is added to the previous no claim year. It is also possible to transfer your no claim bonus amounts from you previous policies to HDFC ERGO car insurance.
- Should a cover note be availed?
HDFC provides the facility for temporarily insuring your car while it is in the process of registration. This is generally valid for 60 days after which a comprehensive car insurance policy comes into effect.
- What type of cars does HDFC ERGO insure?
HDFC ERGO motor insurance provides complete insurance protection for new and used private cars.
- What are the exclusions in the HDFC ERGO Car Insurance policy?
General wear and tear in a car, electrical breakdowns, depreciation and damages caused by accidents caused under the influence of alcohol and man-made calamities are not covered by the policy.
- Does HDFC ERGO offer discounts based on age and occupation?
Yes, HDFC ERGO car insurance does offer discounts based on the age and occupation of the applicant. Policyholders between the ages of 35 to 45 can avail a discount of 5% on own damages. And a discount of 10% can be availed by customers aged between 46 to 65 years for similar damages. Customers can get a discount of 5% on own damages if they are in the following occupations – Chartered Accountants, Defense services, Teachers in Government schools and colleges, Central Government and State Government employees, and Government Doctors.
- Why do I need auto insurance?
It’s the law. The Motor Vehicle Act decrees that every vehicle running on Indian roads needs to be insured. Failure to comply with the same is punishable by law.
- Can the HDFC ERGO Car Insurance be purchased online?
Of course. With a credit card or net banking, you can subscribe to the HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance online. Similarly, you can also renew your policy online.
- Can I transfer my current third party Motor Insurance to HDFC ERGO?
Why not? Simply transfer the ‘No Claim Bonus’ accumulated on your previous policy with the other company over to HDFC ERGO. Next, continue enjoying all the benefits of your motor insurance, in line with how you would have with the previous insurer.
The HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance is a comprehensive cover for your vehicle, bringing you world class private car insurance on very attractive terms. The convenience of purchasing the policy online is appended by the world class customer support that comes bundled alongside the main package. Looking for a complete motor insurance policy? Look no further than HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance.
- HDFC Life Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Health Insurance
- HDFC Personal Loan
- HDFC Home Loan
- HDFC Car Loan
- Hdfc Car Loan Interest Rates
- Hdfc Car Loan Eligibility Calculator
- HDFC Credit Card
- HDFC Fixed Deposit Rate
- HDFC Bank Debit Card
- HDFC Ergo Two Wheeler Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Home Insurance
- HDFC Bank Education Loan
- HDFC Ergo Travel Insurance
- HDFC Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Used Car Loan
- HDFC Bank Recurring Deposit Rates
- HDFC Bank Personal Loan Interest Rates
- HDFC Bank Personal Loan Eligibility
- HDFC Two Wheeler Loan
News About HDFC ERGO Car Insurance
HDFC ERGO Join Hands with Maruti Insurance Broking Private Limited
According to a recent report, HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company has decided to join hands with Maruti Insurance Broking Private Limited. Together, they will be working towards providing motor insurance products to buyers of Maruti Suzuki cars. The customers will also get different kinds of benefits such as effective claim settlements, services across the country, quality repairs etc. As of now, they are first targeting the buyers in Pune, Surat and Baroda. According to Surendra Srivastava (CEO, Maruti Insurance Broking Private Limited), this joint partnership will definitely contribute a lot in increasing the Insurance penetration in the country.
26th October 2015
HDFC Ergo introduces a road campaign ‘Take-It-Easy-On-Roads’
HDFC has carved a niche for itself in being the country’s best players in the arena of non-life insurances in the private sector. Its new hard-hitting online brand campaign, “#TakeItEasyonRoads”, has received wide applause for its uniqueness as well as for doing its bit to create the much-needed wakefulness on road safety. This endorsement has been visualized bearing in mind the fact that safety on Indian roads is one of the most relatable and pertinent issue that everybody (pedestrians and drivers) can identify with. This campaign will also form a detrimental platform for the company to publicize the message of Motor Insurance as an idyllic armor of protection against the possible accountabilities that can arise out of any unfortunate event when on the road.
5th September 2015
HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance Points out Positives of Limited Claims Liability
The Government of India is planning to limit the applicable liability that must be honoured by car insurance companies in the event of an accident (involving self or a third party). While this proposition has been met with universal aplomb by the car insurers, they are also marking out the various benefits that could potentially arise from such a provision coming into effect. HDFC ERGO, a key player in the Indian car insurance segment is of the opinion that a number of beneficial changes will come into effect when this game changing ruling is made public. Says Mr. Mukesh Kumar, Executive Director- HDFC ERGO General Insurance, that while the claim limits will have a positive impact on insurance premiums, the reduction in the amount of payable insurance premiums will address the problem of the large number of uninsured vehicles plying our roads. Silver lining, anyone?
18th February 2015
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017